The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

PVP areas turned into RP areas?
So someone in GMI today sparked an idea in my head, saying the word 'Arathi.' And I was thinking; You know what would be neat? Turning Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley into RP places!
They have buildings and such, and things could be added if it were to become an idea for rp places. So I was thinking it would be really cool to incorporate those areas into our RP portal.
Comments? =}
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
+1

I want to take advantage of some of the PVP areas as an RP location, specifically Eye of the Storm. Warsong Gulch also has some significance to one of my own characters. I say this is a great idea, allowing other locations for RP. I mean, some arenas like Gurubashi are already like this, so why not entire battlegruonds?
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Those're battlegrounds.
Battlegrounds are fought over by Horde and Alliance.
Fought over + Breeding ground for hate = Conflict RP.
Conflict RP = OHYUS.

I have run the numbers, and I thus heartily agree.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
I dunno, I think they're all still being fought over.
As much as we'd like to, we can't. They're instanced and we can no longer 'de-instance' places on Trinity, hence why no real instances or dungeons are available for free RP at this time. If we could, we probably would have a few places changed, but Kretol himself has said it's just not doable right now.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
I think it'd be pretty cool...
(07-19-2011, 01:12 PM)Anski Wrote: As much as we'd like to, we can't. They're instanced and we can no longer 'de-instance' places on Trinity, hence why no real instances or dungeons are available for free RP at this time. If we could, we probably would have a few places changed, but Kretol himself has said it's just not doable right now.

This.

I've even tried teleporting there. Doesn't let you.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
I just read what Kretol and Xigo said on the OOC Areas thread by Ben. Said they can't make instanced areas un-instanced. Sucks, would have been a great idea, too! Maybe sometime in the future?
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
If we ever change cores, which we'll have to assuming a Cataclysm core becomes stable (as Trinity has announced that they're stopping where they are), it may become possible again like it was on ArcEmu.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
(07-19-2011, 01:09 PM)Reese777 Wrote: Those're battlegrounds.
Battlegrounds are fought over by Horde and Alliance.
Fought over + Breeding ground for hate = Conflict RP.
Conflict RP = OHYUS.

I have run the numbers, and I thus heartily agree.

My mistake. Still PVP, though.

What about using those areas for RP without de-instancizing them? We'd just have to avoid actual combat. Doesn't have to be battlegrounds.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
No. You can't deinstance them. That means you can't have more then 5 Alliance level 50s, or others, respectively.
It'd be a great idea! I fully support, but like FlyingSquirrel said above me, you could only have X amount of N+ people in at a time. Not to mention NPCs like Balinda and base guards. They'd become an issue.

(phone postage)
Delta Wrote: I couldn't help but watch that with a smile. It's comparable to watching a kitten climb onto the sofa and mew excitably, as if it's just achieved something monumental.

[Image: Sasuke-gifs-uchiha-sasuke-22778910-500-220.gif]

Spoiler:
Lithdra -- Blood Elf -- 85
Aitana -- Forsaken -- 85
Kymu -- Draenei -- 85
Anrielle -- Night Elf -- 85
Kravus -- Blood Elf -- 60
Rinkata -- Troll -- 60
Nicci -- Goblin -- 60
Well guys, keep in mind that Hawk said he tried to teleport there and it didn't let him. I'm assuming that means it's literally impossible with trinity core.
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
I think you can still queue up for BGs and arenas in the core, since some PvP servers running Trinity supposedly had it, but I don't know if ours do that or if we have the population to support a full queue actually going to match start.
Sadly this just isn't possible. That's about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All hidden areas! CappnRob 9 1,811 04-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Yau
  OOC areas. Ben 26 4,024 02-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Kretol