The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Question on Demon hunters
So I noticed that on the demon hunter prestige page it says Warlocks cant become Demon hunters. I was wondering is this accurate and up to date? Also if so, why?

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
You'd... Be hunting yourself...
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Or atleast hunting those you'd normally subjugate.
Then again, it might be possible with an uncorrupted warlock.
Name one Demon Hunter who would not kill a Warlock and train them, if you will.
Spoiler:
Illidan.
Demon hunter is not much more than a melee warlock from my understanding of the class. Hunting himself? No. Would like gm thought on the mater though mostly. Not to make this into any kind of argument.

Well, that's like why asking Paladins can't become Necromancers. Demon Hunters hunt Fel, and what do Demon Hunters hunt? Plus, they're nothing alike. They're primarily Rogue, with powers augmented towards fighting Fel. And Illidan's gone coocoo, he can hardly count.
Illidan was a Demon; there's a difference.

You speak of a class built to shoot first and probably not ever ask questions when they see something Fel. To imply that they'd take the time to get to know the person to train them seems off, to me. /end 2cents.
Spoiler:
Quote:Well, that's like why asking Paladins can't become Necromancers.

You mean like a Second Generation Death Knight? Ooooh yeah...

On a more serious note if an uncorrupted warlock wanted to become a Demon Hunter it would be much more akin to a Priest becoming a Paladin. Caster to caster-melee combination in both cases, using the same methods of spell casting.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
The only exception would be an uncorrupted warlock. One that only uses fire and does not fall taint to the encumbrance of fel, and it would have to be ran through with the GMs with an extremely solid reason why. As for the rest of the warlocks, the Demon Hunter must swear to forthright defeat all forms of workings with the Legion willingly, Demon Hunters force fel to their will by stealing the spirit of a demon to destroy that which created them. Illidan would train a warlock demon hunter because he had fell to the chaos of corruption and as a result was willingly working with the Legion to help destroy Azeroth, in the sense of gathering his own power. They may seem like melee warlocks on the outside, but the morality and upholding of the hunter is a completely different gameplan on the inside.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Warlocks cannot become Demon Hunter for a few reasons.

1) Warlocks do not have the physical strength or experience capable of becoming such a strong Warrior such as a Demon Hunter.

2) Demon Hunters make it their mission to destroy every single person who uses Fel which means every Warlock, despite allegiance, every Demon and so on so forth.

3) Anyone who would train you would take one look at you and then decapitate you before you could even ask.
Quote:...and as a result was willingly working with the Legion to help destroy Azeroth, in the sense of gathering his own power.

I'd just like to clear up a misconception here. Illidan was never aligned with the Legion, and fought to destroy the Legion until his dying breath. The only demons you see affiliated with The Illidari are those who are actually rebels, and are fighting alongside Illidan to take down The Legion. Their reasons are there own but they could range from anything from being exiled and wanting revenge, to simply thinking Illidan would have won win the long run.

He was still a Demon Hunter, he hunted Demons, killed evil warlocks, and singlehandedly compiled a fighting force nearly as strong as an entire faction (such as the Horde or the Alliance) purely for the purpose of killing demons. He was only at fault because of his well intentioned extremism accompanied by the lack of commonsense caused by the madness he had been overtaken with. This isn't because of Fel, this was because not only did he take a mental blow in Ice Crown, but he was driven over the edge when Gul'dan's memories melded with his when Illidan absorbed the Skull of Gul'dan.

/queue Illidan fanboy theme

EDIT:

Quote:1) Warlocks do not have the physical strength or experience capable of becoming such a strong Warrior such as a Demon Hunter.

No one starts off strong enough to be a Demon Hunter. That's why literally just about twenty percent of the training is devoted to physical training (2/11 weeks)

Quote:2) Demon Hunters make it their mission to destroy every single person who uses Fel which means every Warlock, despite allegiance, every Demon and so on so forth.

That would be extremely hypocritical. If there's an Uncorrupted Warlock using Fel for a good cause I know Fin'thori personally would view them as a watered down version of a Demon Hunter and treat them as such.

Quote:3) Anyone who would train you would take one look at you and then decapitate you before you could even ask.

Uncorrupted Warlocks would have either no visible fel corruption to a Demon Hunter, or so minimal an amount they would likely seem to be a simple arcane user or someone who has dabbled in Fel. They would have more than enough time to plead their case to the Hunter before he could decide to let them go (And continue through persistence as all three Hunters have in order to sway a trainer) or be killed if the Hunter sees fit.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
But... He aided Kil'jaeden in Warcraft III before going quietly insane in Outland. He was directly allied with the Legion to further his own goals, and attacked Arthas for no other reason than Kil'jaeden asked him to in exchange for power, which is exactly what was said. At the time of his Death, Illidan was at the "your apprentices would have hunted you down and killed you for your transgressions if you had trained any" stage.
(07-28-2011, 10:26 PM)Anski Wrote: The only exception would be an uncorrupted warlock. One that only uses fire and does not fall taint to the encumbrance of fel, and it would have to be ran through with the GMs with an extremely solid reason why. As for the rest of the warlocks, the Demon Hunter must swear to forthright defeat all forms of workings with the Legion willingly, Demon Hunters force fel to their will by stealing the spirit of a demon to destroy that which created them. Illidan would train a warlock demon hunter because he had fell to the chaos of corruption and as a result was willingly working with the Legion to help destroy Azeroth, in the sense of gathering his own power. They may seem like melee warlocks on the outside, but the morality and upholding of the hunter is a completely different gameplan on the inside.

My mistake I should have went more in detail about my understanding of Demon hunters. In contrast to Warlocks, yes they are often considered in some ways the good guys. Illidan working with the legion to destroy Azeroth... never happened. The burning Crusades was a free for all war. Legion versus Alliance versus horde versus illidari. Illidan just wanted his own kingdom probrally would have left Azoroth alone entirely if not for the alliance and horde raining on his parade.
Quote:
Quote:1) Warlocks do not have the physical strength or experience capable of becoming such a strong Warrior such as a Demon Hunter.

No one starts off strong enough to be a Demon Hunter. That's why literally just about twenty percent of the training is devoted to physical training (2/11 weeks)

Quote:2) Demon Hunters make it their mission to destroy every single person who uses Fel which means every Warlock, despite allegiance, every Demon and so on so forth.

That would be extremely hypocritical. If there's an Uncorrupted Warlock using Fel for a good cause I know Fin'thori personally would view them as a watered down version of a Demon Hunter and treat them as such.

Quote:3) Anyone who would train you would take one look at you and then decapitate you before you could even ask.

Uncorrupted Warlocks would have either no visible fel corruption to a Demon Hunter, or so minimal an amount they would likely seem to be a simple arcane user or someone who has dabbled in Fel. They would have more than enough time to plead their case to the Hunter before he could decide to let them go (And continue through persistence as all three Hunters have in order to sway a trainer) or be killed if the Hunter sees fit.

I agree whole heatedly. Thoughts very well expressed.

In my own case I wanted to make a demon hunter, simply put I have always wanted to rp once since Warcraft 3, I just never got around to it. Character I have in mind would be an un-corrupted Warlock. A man who studied demons and fel as a means to fight fire with fire. After events of the sunwell and things of that sort he began working towards becoming a Demon hunter which he felt would be a step up from what he was as a simple fel researcher.

Quote:But... He aided Kil'jaeden in Warcraft III before going quietly insane in Outland. He was directly allied with the Legion to further his own goals, and attacked Arthas for no other reason than Kil'jaeden asked him to in exchange for power, which is exactly what was said. At the time of his Death, Illidan was at the "your apprentices would have hunted you down and killed you for your transgressions if you had trained any" stage.

Actually, he -did- train some. Those are the reason why people can even become demon hunters nowadays, otherwise the know-how would have died with Illidan.

As for that, in WCIII, he also fails. He's afraid Kil'jaeden will kill him, and flees to Outland, gathers an army and waits at the black temple for the sake defending himself from the demonspawn.

I wouldn't say he actively -hunted- demons, but he -was- gathering an army for the purpose of fending off and eventually killing Kil'Jaeden.
Wouldn't an uncorrupted warlock who only uses fire be a mage..? A warlock, by WoW definition, is a 'former arcanist who, in pursuit of ever-greater sources of power, have cast off their studies of the arcane or nature magics to delve deeper into the darker, fel-based magic of shadow.' So if you mean a warlock who hasn't succumbed to any form of addiction, they are still using fel-based powers and a demon hunter would still be sworn to kill him/her. If you mean an uncorrupted warlock who only uses fire magics and no shadow/fel, then you're talking about a mage, which is probably much safer.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warlock

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunters Being Able to Size their own pets. Ghardiak 5 1,154 04-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Demon Hunters Erynn 5 1,262 01-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Erynn
  Hunters bow/gun DuskWolf 3 998 07-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Darksaber