The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Do right... For a change.
Do right...

Talesta fell silent as the tavern started clearing off. It was a late hour in the World's End Tavern when Talesta buried her miseries in alcohol, face down on the table with tears in her eyes. Many thoughts crossed the girl's mind as she sat there, sobbing quietly and remaining motionless. "Hey, girl! Get out, we're closing." called out a voice from across the tavern, behind the counter. Talesta slowly looked up around the tavern with tear streaked eyes, noticing her and the bartender being the only ones present. "Are you going to get out or do I have to drag you out?" The bartender said after a few moments. Talesta took in a long breath, holding back from completely exploding at the man, and got out quietly with her hooves taking her to the local infirmary.

The infirmary was silent and nearly empty, its only residence sleeping happily in their beds. Talesta collapsed on a nearby bed, crying quietly into the pillow as her body lay completely motionless on the bed. "Everything went so well... Why... Why does this happen...?" the draenei thought to herself, trying all she could to realize the answer. She laid on that bed for hours upon hours, still trying to understand the answer to her own question, until it finally hit her. "I was terrible... I am terrible... Everything I did is..." Her thoughts cut off as she was interrupted by one of the sleeping Draenei in the infirmary, letting out a loud cough in his sleep.

"I need to do right... For a change..." she said quietly to herself, the tears taking a pause from their flowing as she finally fell silent, drifting off to a deep sleep.

((This thread will describe the process Talesta went through in hopes of making her life better. It isn't a class change or much important, I just want to write it.))
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
"How are you so happy...?"

The infirmary was not the most relaxing of places to be as Talesta sat and thought to herself. The five other Draenei present were arguing about their own matters, which easily flew by Talesta with no worry for the debates. "I've hurt so many people... So many times... I even ignored my own purpose to do it..." The draenei thought to herself quietly, staring down at the floor of the noisy infirmary. Many thoughts flew by Talesta's head as she was finally cut short by another Draenei, Nexariel.

"You said you wanted to talk? Now is as good a time as any for me." Nexariel said quietly to the thinking Draenei, a clear annoyance was on Nexariel's face as she had just gotten out of an argument. "Somewhere less noisy?" Talesta replied to the other girl that spoke to her, letting off a slight chuckle as she spoke. The two girls headed off into the forest outside of Shattrath and took a seat under one of the trees. A sigh escaped Talesta's lips as she sat down, and began to talk...

"Nex... How are you so happy all the time?" Talesta said to Nexariel, sounding more exhausted than ever before. Nexariel raised both her eyebrows at the question, speaking out in return, "Sister... I just now lost my temper with Ana.". Talesta thought for a moment as she quickly realized who Nexariel was talking about. Anasarnia, a Vindicator that came to the infirmary with a few broken limbs. Talesta let off a weak nod in understanding and wrapped her arm around Nexariel's waist. "But in general... You're always so happy... Nothing seems to bother you." Talesta said quietly, leaning her head against Nexariel's shoulder. Nexariel let off a slowly increasing chuckle, along with a smirk to follow her words, "I smoke a lot, is why.". Talesta let off a silent sigh, followed by a slow and weak shake of the head, and began speaking once more. "But... It's more than that... You're happy when you work, you're happy when people come crying to you..." Talesta stopped in her tracks by a sudden wave of thoughts, letting her eyes shut half-way. Nexariel leaned closer and placed a gentle kiss on Talesta's head, followed by a soft run of her fingers through the girl's hair. "Am I? I think I only look strong in front of you all until I can find the time to be on my own and cry or smoke or do anything for relief." Nexariel spoke quietly.

The two remained in silence for only a few moments before Talesta began speaking once more, "Nex... I want to be happy like you... I want to help people and be happy about doing it..." Talesta said as she leaned more against Nexariel, followed by a soft kiss on the smaller Draenei's cheek. "And i'm always here for you... Even the strongest need support." Talesta continued with her quiet speech, though a soft smile slowly formed on her image. Nexariel turned to the girl beside her with a smirk and began to speak, "I know, sister. As for happiness, all I can say is to absorb yourself in some activity you enjoy. Anything that can block out the day's events and keep you calm.". Talesta remained quiet for a moment after that speech, eyes still half closed and one arm around the girl beside her...

((These are getting a little colorful... If I hear anyone disapproving of the color work, i'll take it off!))
I want to help.

The two draenei sat on the grass in complete silence, moment after moment, breath after breath, everything was silent. Talesta moved her second arm to wrap around Nexariel's waist, letting off a slow and weak nod once more. "I want to help people... I've hurt so many for so long, and now I just can't bare the feeling..." Talesta finally spoke, her voice hurt and quiet. Nexariel, in return to the other Draenei's words, continued playing with Talesta's hair idly and speaking in return. "Do you have any idea -why- you act this way sometimes?" the smaller Draenei spoke out, wanting to get to the bottom of the issue. "I don't know... I've been like that for pretty much as long as I remember myself..." Talesta spoke after a moment of thought, followed by a slow shake of the head. Nexariel rests her head atop Talesta's, speaking once more in a questioning, yet soft tone, "Maybe you're just hurt inside. Being far older than myself, you also suffered far more. But you never act harshly with me... Not since the day we met.".

Talesta chose to keep her silence for a moment, her head nodding up and down slowly as a soft smile starts appearing on her lips. "I guess you're like a mother to me... I like being around you..." the girl spoke softly, a little unsure of her own words, "Nex, is there any way I can help in the infirmary?" Talesta continued. Nexariel leaned back against the tree behind the two girls and spoke out quietly, "Any little bit helps, of course. Even just talking to our patients and keeping them calm and happy while they recover.". Talesta shook her head slowly as her smile faded, "Help them, Nex... I can heal with my own powers..." She said after a short moment of silence.

The entire heavy mood of the conversation seemed to finally lift as Nexariel smirked at the other Draenei's words. "That works too. With enough healers, we can save our supplies for things that have no other cure but alchemical.". The two spoke to one another shortly after the true subject of the conversation faded, discussing things of resting and finally seeming to be in a better mood. The Draenei couple returned to the infirmary inside of town quietly, and to each their own. Talesta went to think, while Nexariel went to check on the patients.

"It's been a while... My own kind caring for me... Seems I spent way too long on Azeroth... Seems my true purpose is here..." Talesta thought to herself, a soft smile gradually forming on her lips as she watched Nexariel continued her work.
The trip.

"I'm heading out for a few days, Nex... Need to take care of some things." Talesta said as she held a large bag over her shoulder, heading towards the exit of the now-quiet infirmary. Nexariel nodded in return to the departing Draenei, telling her to stay safe on her journeys, and Talesta went on her way, Stormwind being her first destination. Talesta continued on to the Aldor Rise to find someone willing to make a portal for her, and after some search, successful. "Stormwind? What in the name of the light do you need to do there?" the mage asked before beginning his spell. Talesta let off a heavy sigh, keeping her gaze down to her newly purchased white dress and spoke out in a stern, yet quiet voice, "An old friend...". Without further question or word, the portal was opened and Talesta payed the mage for his help, took a deep breath, and walked in.

A few minutes later and Talesta appeared on the other side of the portal, the mage quarters in Stormwind. She wasted little to no time as she collected herself, and began marching towards the Cathedral of Light. Within the cathedral, far before Talesta even arrived to Stormwind, Alexis sat quietly within the learning quarters, reading in her own private world as she seemed to have no duties, or worries on her mind. Talesta finally arrived at the Cathedral, the time was almost dusk as the Draenei made her way inside and right into the learning quarters, where the priestess Alexis sat quietly.

Talesta sat herself quietly in front of the young priestess, and waiting to be noticed. The room was quiet, Talesta and Alexis were the only ones present. The priestess looked up slowly from her book to see the Draenei, and almost instantly, a frown showing up on her face. "What?" Alexis spoke at an impatient tone, returning her gaze to the book and preventing eye contact with Talesta. "Got a moment...? It's been a while since we talked..." the draenei spoke quietly, though the words echoing through the empty room. "The last time we talked... You threatened to break my legs if I ever spoke to you again..." The priestess' voice is very impatient, and now very offensive, but kept quiet within the sacred walls. Talesta let off a soft sigh, nodding her head slowly. "I... There's nothing... Nothing I could say to justify my actions..." the draenei spoke silently, waiting for a response. Alexis closed her eyes slowly, a tear running down from them but quickly wiped off as she begins to speak once more, "Then why did you come here?".

The room fell silent for a long while, Alexis keeping her face hidden behind the book and Talesta trying to think of an answer to the question. What seemed to be hours passed as they sat in silence until Talesta finally decided to speak silently, "I wanted to apologize... For everything... It's your choice to forgive or not... I just wanted to say that i'm sorry.". The Draenei's words seemed to touch Alexis ever-so-slightly, but the priestess didn't react. Instead, Alexis remained silent and motionless.

Talesta nodded slowly after not getting any response, getting up from the seat she was on quietly and makes her way out. "I'm in Shattrath... If you want to talk..." Talesta said before finally leaving, and making her way outside the Cathedral and back to the mage quarters, in hopes of finding a way to return.
The return.

The arcane bridge between Shattrath city and Stormwind opened once more in front of Talesta as she stood and simply watched it for a short moment. "Well? Going to go through it, or did I open it for nothing?" the mage called out after a few moments, standing beside Talesta as she gazed into the portal. It was a late night hour outside the mage tower in Stormwind, Talesta had hired a mage to give her a way back home, and the streets were almost completely empty, aside from the occasional guard. Talesta gave out a short nod and a sigh to the mage that stood beside her, placing a few coins in his palm before taking a step towards the portal.

The draenei was quickly interrupted in her slow march by a voice calling out from behind. "Wait! Don't go! called out a familiar voice from behind Talesta. Alexis came rushing from behind the two, panting heavily from her run and her eyes seemed bloodshot and tear-filled. "Don't leave yet!" the priestess called out as she finally made her way to the two, still panting heavily. Talesta looked down to Alexis with a tired and hurt look, though upon closer inspection, it would show a hint of hope. The priestess took a moment to collect her breaths as she looked up to the tall Draenei with a confused and sad expression, speaking out once more, "I'll... I'll come talk to you... Soon... Please stay..." Alexis spoke between her now slow, yet heavy breaths. "I opened the portal and now you want her to stay?! Great. Just great. I'm going home..." the mage spoke out in annoyance, clearly tired and exhausted at such a late time of night.

The mage left and the two girls stood in silence, watching each other quietly until Talesta finally decided to speak. "I'll be in the inn... Alright...?" the draenei spoke quietly, a soft smile barely visible on her lips. Alexis took a long moment before doing anything, seeming like she's about to speak for a short moment, but instead, she broke in to tears. Talesta, almost out of instinct, moved to hug the crying priestess tightly, letting off a silent, yet happy sigh. "I... I missed you... Mom..." Alexis suddenly spoke between her sobs, burying her face into Talesta's new dress as she cries silently. The draenei nodded slowly as her smile grew wider, "I missed you too, Lexi... Go get some sleep...", she spoke out silently keeping both arms around the human girl. "I'll... Be in the Cathedral... Please don't leave..." Alexis spoke out once more before wiping her eyes, letting go of Talesta and turning towards where she came.

Talesta waved slowly as she saw the priestess leave, muttering quietly to herself, "I'm not leaving...", she spoke out and made her way in the other direction, towards the nearest inn.

((A note. Whoever saw Alexis and Talesta in the same place would know that Alexis has a knack of calling Talesta 'mom', seeing as she's been like one to her over all the time they knew eachother.))
Back to work.

Talesta awoke within the Stormwind inn at a late hour. The sun was almost setting as the Draenei looked out the window and mumbled to herself. "What now...? Isn't that everyone...? Why do I still feel like this...?" Talesta questioned herself as she lay still in the bed, the orange light from the sky seeping through the thin curtain as the Draenei lay motionless in thought. "I apologized to everyone I hurt... I thi-" The trail of thought got cut off as Talesta's eyes widened, coming to a shocking realization. The tall Draenei jumped out of her bed, slipped into her dress and packed her things as the town was springing to the usual night-life outside of the room. Talesta rushed her way down the stairs of the inn, and out the door, with one destination in mind, the Cathedral.

As Talesta arrived in the Cathedral, a group of two other Draenei and two humans stood in the entrance, though not really bothering to check on them, Talesta did ask what was wrong. After a short conversation, explaining that a Draenei named Kapre was kidnapped, and now returned to his home, Talesta continued on with her business. The light of candles and lanterns lit up the study-hall of the Cathedral, yet as Talesta walked in to the large room, she noticed there was nobody present. The Draenei let off a soft sigh as she searched around the room for a paper and pencil, quickly writing something down on it and placing it on the table, the name Alexis written in bold letters on the cover of the folded paper.

"Dear Alexis,

I'm leaving to Shattrath once more, and I'll be back as soon as I possibly can. Something urgent came up.

-Talesta."

Talesta rushed out of the Cathedral after placing the note on the table, bag over her shoulder as she headed to the mage quarters. After searching for a short while, the Draenei found a willing mage that began conjuring a portal between Stormwind and Shattrath. The portal stood for a third time infront of Talesta, yet this time, she did not hesitate. She marched right through after saying her thanks to the mage and shortly after, arrived in Shattrath city. "Neraali... I need to find her..." Talesta spoke quietly to herself as she rushed down to the infirmary, letting off a sigh of disappointment as everyone was sleeping.

Talesta let her bag drop down to the floor as she heaved a sigh, walking over to the bed where Nexariel lay silently in a sound sleep. "Guess i'll wait for her... There's no reason to search all over Draenor..." The draenei mumbled to herself as she crawled beside Nexariel under the sheets, wrapped her arms around the smaller Draenei and shortly after fell into a light sleep.

"Soon... It's almost over..."
Her.

A few weeks prior...

Darkness fell upon the city of Sylvanaar in the Blade's Edge mountains. A late hour of the night as Talesta landed with her gryphon in the quiet city to visit her old home. The house was a large, Kaldorei home, most of it inside a tree of the city.Talesta heaved a sigh as she saw the interior of her old home, memories rushing through her mind from each and every inch of the house. "Just a few months ago..." The draenei thought to herself, the image of her and her former mate, Neraali, talking to one another and sitting by the table that sat in the corner. The image was almost clear as daylight. The two loving Draenei sat beside one another, hugging each other and speaking of how their love will be eternal. That was not the case.

The vivid image shattered to tiny bits, revealing the dark table that sat alone in the corner, the candle on it was already melted entirely, barely giving off a faint light. Talesta sighed once more as she turned to the exit, not wanting to spend another moment in such a place, she went to the tavern of the town. As Talesta set out of the house, she spotted two hooded figures in the entrance to the tavern, though not giving much attention to it, she proceeded to walk in, but a familiar voice stopped her. The hooded figure in black spoke to the one in white, both appeared to be Draenei, but the voice made Talesta feel a sting. A sting in her heart. She turned and raised her eyebrow at the two slightly. "...Neraali...?" Talesta finally called out after a moment. The hooded figure in black turned, the one in white turned along with her. "Talesta." The dark hooded figure spoke in a stern and confident tone, though very familiar to Talesta.

((Sadly, I lost the chat logs to this part, so I will fill it in with no actual conversation.))

Neraali pulled back her hood, looking straight at Talesta now and holding the hand of the second hooded girl, Ruhna. The two familiar Draenei spoke to one another for what seemed like forever to Talesta, but finally reached the end of their talk. The two were in bad terms ever since they left one another, yet that talk patched up whatever bridge has been broken between the two. Talesta, Neraali and Ruhna all agreed to meet once more some time, and parted ways. Talesta made her way back to Shattrath city, though feeling much better now. "Just my luck..." the draenei thought to herself as she rode the Gryphon towards Shattrath city. A soft smile grew on her lips as she chuckled to herself, thinking once more, "Maybe...". Talesta's thoughts were cut off as she finally landed, making her way back to her beloved infirmary.

"...I don't need love." The draenei spoke to herself in a confident matter, still with the same smile she had earlier.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Change of Plans [Failed Attempted Suicide] GeneralDefyre 0 590 12-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Last Post: GeneralDefyre
  A change of Heart. Uguu 0 651 06-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Uguu
  Change HolyHiveMind 0 644 05-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Last Post: HolyHiveMind