The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

<LFG> tag
You got your <busy> and <away> tags, can we have a <LFG> tag so people can see at a glance who is... LF RP?
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I agree to this. :D
But I think the commands are core-based. Like GMs and admins can't make new ones ?
Both of those tags are programmed into the game. It seems like it would be pretty difficult to add another outside of an addon.
(08-06-2011, 10:51 AM)Kaghuros Wrote: Both of those tags are programmed into the game. It seems like it would be pretty difficult to add another outside of an addon.

"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Regrettably, it wouldn't be possible to add a tag like that unless we were to do changes requiring a patch for everyone to download.
I do know there are multiple RP addons that integrate a LFRP feature, however. FlagRSP comes to mind, though you need to mouse over someone to get the tag. TotalRP may also have a LFRP feature that I'm not aware of.
(08-06-2011, 11:26 AM)Kretol Wrote: Regrettably, it wouldn't be possible to add a tag like that unless we were to do changes requiring a patch for "everyone" to download.

I'm going to give this a friendly bump with the announcement of a custom patch.

Specifically, I would question if it would be possible to keep whatever is created "to be largely optional" as also suggested in the server news.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
That would be an interesting tag, but I think it would take more than that patch. That is only for GObjects.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

I don't mean to parrot my response from the linked thread, but I still don't think one custom patch should justify the addition of more. CotH has always gone without custom patches previously, and I don't think the rare exception should become a justification for it becoming the norm.

Again, I'm partially saying this because I would feel responsible should Kretol become hounded for tons of custom patches now. And that'd make me feel crummy. :c
(08-06-2012, 11:57 PM)Rigley Wrote: I don't mean to parrot my response from the linked thread, but I still don't think one custom patch should justify the addition of more. CotH has always gone without custom patches previously, and I don't think the rare exception should become a justification for it becoming the norm.

Again, I'm partially saying this because I would feel responsible should Kretol become hounded for tons of custom patches now. And that'd make me feel crummy. :c

To sort of mirror what you are saying, and to also explain what I think the patch to be...

It's also not what everyone thinks when they hear "custom patch". It's not as if you guys went and hand picked a load of items to add to the game, by skinning and coding the patch yourselves, it's a patch that allows for users to see skins put onto an existing wire mesh that you guys can spawn. Without the patch, the items wouldn't be seen, but the invisible wire meshes would remain server side, making it hard for people to navigate the custom areas.

This is a far cry from something like adding in an extra tag, which would require some form of program knowledge... as well as knowledge to how the program is structured around the core so that the GM's could write up a patch that would allow for such functionality. While a lot of people here are very knowledgeable, it's asking -quite- a lot for such drastic changes to happen to the server.

If I'm not mistaken, Rigley, you guys actually got that patch from a separate source rather than creating it? That's what I read from it, at least.

Edit: I also see what Kretol said earlier in this thread, but again I think the patch they already added is very light compared to the one needed for this sort of thing. As you pointed out too Ural, it'd probably end up being less optional and more mandatory, which I'm certain Kretol does not want.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I would suggest the institution of {LFG} in ones Title section of TRP2. It could sit just before an actual title should one be chosen for display as well as remain alone in said section for those of us who aren't concieted Blood Elves. Just a thought... and a rather biased opinion.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
That would be an easy and optional alternative.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Perhaps there's some kind of visible spell effect that could be employed for this purpose? Stick some kind of twinkle or color effect or something on a trinket, kind of like the stealth and dead trinkets?
It would probably need to be something that people wouldn't be tempted to use it ICly, though.
I am sort of confused though..

If you are out in about in a city/area, shouldn't it be assumed that you are looking for RP?

I mean, then when people aren't you see the DND sticker or whatever else.

...I just think it would be way too much work for something that could be assume. :c
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(08-08-2012, 01:52 PM)Cressy Wrote: I am sort of confused though..

If you are out in about in a city/area, shouldn't it be assumed that you are looking for RP?

I mean, then when people aren't you see the DND sticker or whatever else.

...I just think it would be way too much work for something that could be assume. :c

Well, perhaps we should make it so that on the server, you should set yourself to "Busy" when not RPing or looking for RP? I'd hope this would even include the OoC area, as it would be nice to have a blatant visual that they're interested in RP and not just chillin' OOCly. If someone wants to idle, they can set /away on themselves.