The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Lifecycle of "Drama"
First off, this is not directed at those who are involved (In any way) with the current 'wave' of drama. More so, this is directed at the players who have come back after a long time, or even active players, who are saying "What's going on with all this drama? =(".

It's interesting, really. I've spoken with a few people who needed someone to speak with about the most recent 'wave' of this drama. It's terrible that people are feeling this way about the problems of others here on the server, and I just hope I can help with this feeling.:(

I must say, though: that everything is not as it seems. Take this example:

The U.S. currently has tons of reality shows on the air. Many times, people of other countries arrive at the logical assumptions that all Americans behave and act the same way as the people of these reality shows. That's not true. In fact, the average American is far from what is portrayed on these television shows. Why is it so hard to find these average Americans? Because a person who lives a normal life isn't as interesting as the people in these television shows often time.

Now, relate this with our server, please. We often have little bits of drama here and there, and it makes many other players view the server as if it's "all going to hell". In fact, it's not. One player i spoke with read the forums to find the current thread with much of the drama and was not pleased. To that player: it's not always as it seems. Most of the times, the only ones who will post in that thread will be just a little (at the very least) upset with someone. The ones who don't post in that thread? They're the rest of the server who is indifferent and probably even oblivious to it all.

In closing of my short post on this all:

To the players who are a little saddened by all this drama: it's not as bad as it seems. It's just the loud few (Whether they have good or bad points) that give the appearance that there's "DRAMA THAT'S GONNA DESTROY THE SERVER!". Please, don't feel like there is drama that's threatening everyone. Most people here are still wanting to have fun: the very reason we all joined the server.

We can all use a break sometimes to relax. If you feel like you need to take a break, that's probably wise. You know yourself better than anyone else though!Kiss
Drama is inevitable everywhere. We just have strong pillars holding the place together to weather through the various storms that have cropped up over the years.

And ya know what? Doomsayers have predicted the "end of the server" numerous times in the past. Still hasn't happened, and it isn't as long as orcs run the show! ;)

---
- (Posted from teh phonez)
Quote:We can all use a break sometimes to relax. If you feel like you need to take a break, that's probably wise. You know yourself better than anyone else though

Yeah. Definitely this statement. I ended up beginning a break just as 'drama' began to arise, imo, so instead of ending up being heated in all of it/etc. I just stayed on break until I felt I'd be able to return without having to deal with much of it.

And wouldn't you know it, just logged back on for the first time in, three weeks? Two? I wasn't really counting. Regardless, I'm hoping to start enjoying some roleplay, without having to deal with 'drama'.
May I ask, what drama? I haven't seen anything ><

I love the oblivious category.
''Prestiges probably being removed'' drama.
Ah, the lifecycle of drama.
Drama clearly is born, grows, multiplies, and passes away.
Such a nice little metaphor, wouldn't you agree?
(08-13-2011, 04:23 AM)Uthaniel Wrote: Ah, the lifecycle of drama.
Drama clearly is born, grows, multiplies, and passes away.
Such a nice little metaphor, wouldn't you agree?

Like a rabbit?
Just like a rabbit, friend.
Ooh, drama metaphors.

Drama is a bot fly.
It lays it's eggs in you,
it's eggs wiggle around and cause some pain
and then it's eggs hatch and fly off.

amidoinitrite?
Don't troll her thread, guys.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(08-13-2011, 08:11 AM)Cressy Wrote: Don't troll her thread, guys.

...tee-hee.

...but I agree with Cressy and the OP. Very good post.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Well, my main point is trying to assure those who are a bit saddened by any sort of drama that there really isn't as much Drama as it may seem at any point where there is ever so-called "drama". It's almost always just lots of hype spun into a big thing by several people (Whether they mean good or not).Hug

Also, I dislike using that word... <3
Quote:Insert screaming, yelling, etc here

Quote:Insert the obligatory "you don't know who I am" rant here

Quote:Insert the "you're the psycho rant here"

Quote:Insert getting really close, almost face to face, and more yelling at each other

Quote:Insert shirt removal

Quote:Insert the "you wouldn't dare start a fight with me" rant

Quote:Insert "you wanna bet?

Quote:Insert fight here

Quote:Insert the only concerned/not laughing person here calling the cops

Quote:Insert the police showing up and arresting whoever is involved

Quote:Insert the reminder that the fight was over a slice of pie
Pain is an illusion.
(08-13-2011, 09:34 PM)AM180 Wrote:
Quote:Insert screaming, yelling, etc here

Quote:Insert the obligatory "you don't know who I am" rant here

Quote:Insert the "you're the psycho rant here"

Quote:Insert getting really close, almost face to face, and more yelling at each other

Quote:Insert shirt removal

Quote:Insert the "you wouldn't dare start a fight with me" rant

Quote:Insert "you wanna bet?

Quote:Insert fight here

Quote:Insert the only concerned/not laughing person here calling the cops

Quote:Insert the police showing up and arresting whoever is involved

Quote:Insert the reminder that the fight was over a slice of pie
GOD DOMMIT GIVE ME MAH PIEZ!

...it's pretty accurate.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post