The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Draenei life span
Alright here we go, with the reset I began pondering age of my character, I was looking into the resources for draenei aging and found this:

Child Hood (5-12): 0-250 yrs.
Teenage(13-19): 250-1000 yrs.
Adultery (25's): 1000-10,000 yrs.
In their 50's (If you get what I mean): 10,000-20,000 yrs.
Elderly (100): 20,000 - 30,000 yrs.
Ancient (Get off me' lawn!): 30,000 - 40,000 yrs.

So my character is 8000 should be, again I will use the human age to relate to in his 40ties, so quite not that young yet since I started played I found out that nearly all draenei are 10000+ some even 20000+ [only two young Draenei I found so far would be Kapre and Dia] so is this chart wrong or our draenei community is just old and elderly based?
It seems Draenei are immortal, or live so long that they may as well be. ( There aren't any sources that indicate a Draenei died of old age )

So we can't -really- say a Draenei is 80 in Human years if he's 35k years old, etc. The only Draenei in lore ( that I'm aware of and not including Krokul/Lost Ones ) who -looks- old is Velen, but I think we've concluded that no one actually knows how old he is... Correct me there, if I'm wrong. He was considered an Elder before they even left Argus over 25k years ago, and if Elder falls under Venerable on our wiki, that puts him at 60k at the very least.

But 8k is still fairly young for a Draenei, according to our wiki page on ages.

(Click here for that page)
In-game we come across three characters so far which are old enough to have been present on Argus; Velen, Jessera of Mac'Aree and some lady in Wintergrasp. Out of these three only Velen looks remotely old, the other two neither look or speak of as if age were an issue. It's on this basis that I consider the same things as Nexi; the eredar race are immortal when it comes to the factor of age.

BUT out of all the draenei we come across in the game only these three seem to have lived that long, so perhaps the issue is that so many draenei have died that survivors as old as the flight from Argus are VERY RARE! (And why would you want to RP something that old when you got no basis on it, sorry to say that it does -not- make you draenei cooler.)
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Well I guess I'll bump up Gray to 15 - 20 thousand then to stay in range with others since he wasn't meant to that young.
Where did you get your years for childhood and adolescence. To my knowledge, we have no solid evidence on rates of maturity besides that story for night elves and an orc's guess from Rise of the Horde.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(08-24-2011, 06:58 AM)Bovel Wrote: In-game we come across three characters so far which are old enough to have been present on Argus; Velen, Jessera of Mac'Aree and some lady in Wintergrasp. Out of these three only Velen looks remotely old, the other two neither look or speak of as if age were an issue. It's on this basis that I consider the same things as Nexi; the eredar race are immortal when it comes to the factor of age.

BUT out of all the draenei we come across in the game only these three seem to have lived that long, so perhaps the issue is that so many draenei have died that survivors as old as the flight from Argus are VERY RARE! (And why would you want to RP something that old when you got no basis on it, sorry to say that it does -not- make you draenei cooler.)

I don't want or have reason for my character to be that old, only reason why I want to bump his age is because everyone seems older and quite rely on it so it makes him being viewed as "he's weird because he's young and stupid" while he should be more like "being weird from what he have been through and his past experience." so far few other draenei him, eight thousand years old now, viewed him as an adolescent which just doesn't suit the character. He shouldn't be by any definition elderly, as I said just middle aged. It has nothing to cool or uncool I'm not 13 either...
(08-24-2011, 08:43 AM)Wendigo Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 06:58 AM)Bovel Wrote: In-game we come across three characters so far which are old enough to have been present on Argus; Velen, Jessera of Mac'Aree and some lady in Wintergrasp. Out of these three only Velen looks remotely old, the other two neither look or speak of as if age were an issue. It's on this basis that I consider the same things as Nexi; the eredar race are immortal when it comes to the factor of age.

I don't want or have reason for my character to be that old, only reason why I want to bump his age is because everyone seems older and quite rely on it so it makes him being viewed as "he's weird because he's young and stupid" while he should be more like "being weird from what he have been through and his past experience." so far few other draenei him, eight thousand years old now, viewed him as an adolescent which just doesn't suit the character.

Go with whatever age you feel suits your character, but when you get into the thousands, I would suspect that age is generally irrelevant to peoples' perceptions of them.
I mean, I am relatively young, but I have friends and fellow students over a decade older than myself, but my actions and maturity are the most significant factor in others' judgement of me.

That being said, you do bring up that your character is weird, and I'd love to hear a bit more about this and your character. Age does have an effect on peoples' perceptions of one, after all, and modifying the age could very well be a wise choice.
Do you have a profile pending or on the wiki that I could read?
Personally, I hold that (cultural perceptions aside) most races would achieve physical maturity at a rate similar to humanity's. Immortality simply implies that one does not age; the process of 'age' as we know it has nothing to do with maturation. It in no way implies that the approach of physical 'coming of age' (puberty and such) would be delayed.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
(08-24-2011, 07:00 AM)Wendigo Wrote: Well I guess I'll bump up Gray to 15 - 20 thousand then to stay in range with others since he wasn't meant to that young.

My character is roughly 16,000 and he is often considered much older that characters around that are 20k or even older. Age is not an issue here, it is how you choose to act with your character. Adding age with your character will only put a burden on YOU to be able to roleplay all those added years upon him aswell.

(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]