The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A letter to the Dawnblood family
From the Desk of Sterling Hart, Consulting Detective

Dear Lord and Lady Dawnblood,

It pains me to write this letter to you, though I humbly begged for the duty. I am not worthy to put pen to paper for this sad task, and yet I can only imagine this letter coming from me. I fear it contains only terrible news. Three days ago, in the Ghostlands, your daughter Ophice was killed.

Ophice died bravely, protecting friends and kinsmen and freeing captured innocents. She voluntarily assisted a task force assigned to find the murder of a noble. Her contributions led us to a ring of slavers behind it. Her quick thinking, strong will, and boundless courage saved many lives. However, her own was lost in the process, to the detriment of Silvermoon.

As the detective in charge of the investigation, I assure you she died as a hero. Her remains are being sent to you as we speak, along with the highest commendations Silvermoon authority can give a civilian. Her aid was invaluable in solving several cases that posed great threats to Silvermoon. What power I have in my meager station was used to ensure her deeds were recognized. Though it is a poor replacement for your beloved daughter, I hope the Purple Heart at least is a reminder of her strength.

A full report from the Blood Knights and City Guards is available if you wish. Though if I may break out of my role as detective, I recommend against reading it. It is not a worthy eulogy to Ophice.

Who could write an epitaph that captured her vibrant life? Certainly not I. And yet I write to you, for if you have not already surmised, I am also the man who was seeing your daughter. I can’t pretend my minor accomplishments are worthy of your house’s name. I can’t pretend anything I say or do will begin to fill the void left by her departure. I am powerless against her death. My only goal is to best remember how Ophice lived.

Your daughter lived well. She lived fearlessly, joyfully, and boldly. She lived in a way that made others around her live more fully themselves. I do not regret a moment spent in her presence. I treasure my memories of her, and gladly suffer through the pain of her loss to have them. I will never feel the strength of her hands, see the sparkle of mischief in her smile, or smell the forest in her hair again. But I will live with love and devotion to her memory for all my days.

I accept full responsibility for these tragic events, and submit myself to you in any way requested. I wish you only peace in this hard time and the years ahead, for they will bear a permanent scar.

With love to our dearly departed,

Humbly,

Sterling Hart
---

Sterling Hart - The Great Detective [Blood Elf Detective]
Richter Stahl - Working on a "Cure" [Forsaken Alchemist and Doctor]
Emori Darkrunner - More Beast than Man [Night Elf Druid]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Letter from Moonbrook CappnRob 0 940 04-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Letter(s) to House Winters. Psychyn 1 865 08-28-2013, 06:55 AM