The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wights: Impossible or Improbable?
Alright, so I've been doing some research:

So, I was curious: Is it possible to play a Wight? After some time researching, I don't really see why not.

I'm planning to create a custom-model application, but I was unsure if I could create a character of that "race." Before I continue, I'd like to add that the character would be Forsaken/Ebon Blade aligned, so he's not a Scourge member (which I know is an auto-no-no).

The results of my research is in the spoiler, with the related source of each statement in brackets:

Spoiler:
Facts:

- Wights are often intelligent and capable of speech. (Squire Edwards).

- Wights are created by Wraiths through unknown means, but nonetheless seem somewhat common. (Wight and Wraith).

- Wights are often found performing duties other Undead are incapable or simply too stupid to do, like for instance bodyguards/servants of higher ranking/more important Undead. (Feugen, Stalagg and Squire Edwards).

- Many Wights were usually important/useful people in life and were transformed into Wights to preserve their knowledge and experience. (Magistrate Barthilas).

Sources:

Wight
Wraith
Squire Edwards
Feugen
Stalagg
Magistrate Barthilas

My conclusion:

Wights shouldn't be too unrealistic.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Custom-model submission.
Of course, that's where this is gonna lead, but I just felt I didn't wanna spend a week or two working on something that had no hope at all to succeed.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
If you are able to roll Wight, just beware of Jon Snow... (even though he knows nothing).
(09-11-2011, 02:22 PM)Schorse Wrote: If you are able to roll Wight, just beware of Jon Snow... (even though he knows nothing).

We can be friends.
"Leads to nothing" is relative. Kretol stated multiple times that he approves custom models as he sees fit to the server, and you can almost literally apply for anything, with varying chances of success.