The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stonetooth, a Dwarf's tale
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Low key, like to help other players and especially my family, as we enjoy Wow as a group.
I primarily love to explore and assist. I'm the guy helping his friends set up the client and logging in, the guy looking for a world where folks are not rude, vulgar and willing to accommodate a family that may never reach the level limit.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
U.S.A and primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been Gaming since '85' starting with D&D and moving to Ultima with the Commodore 64, and eventually Ultima Online and private servers after 2000.
Retail Wow was a short experience for me, as I am not impressed with "Power Gaming", and despite a wonderful and rich world to interact in, everyone was running around grinding and spamming. The RP servers were perhaps the worst of all, with little or no uninterrupted RP and tons of unenforced violations.
I moved to the Private realm community and have played a few, but again, most are trying to power level and do not understand I want to play my character in a rich and immersive world.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I've looked the server over before, but the Prestige angle did not appeal to me. I didn't understand it and what I did understand turned me off. Now that has changed and thought I might check the Realm out, see if it is a better place than where me and my Family are playing now.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer PVE for starters, so anytime Characters are working together towards a goal I like interacting with their characters, not their OOC personalities. Often this has been less than perfect with varying levels of my friends and family's ability to interface with the game (emotes take a while to hunt and peck apparently).
In retail I was part of a Dwarven Rifle Squad that did some training and talking over tankards of great battles and maneuvers that never came, everyone just faded away.
Later I was part of a "guild/ cult" worshiping Elune, and that again seemed very promising, but the other folks in the world decided to jump into our ceremonies emoting *farts in your general direction* and basically made it very unappealing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarven Hunters, with Dwarven Priest's and Paladins coming in a tie for a close second. Dwarves, and to some degree Gnomes are my favorite because I can see over/ around them!
Hunters first because they are tied to nature, not bound by it like Druids, they are the best class for Exploration of the world and the buddy system with the pet make for higher rates of surviving any discovery's.

Paladins and Priests fit into that other favorite role of mine, of helper. I run Paladins to tank or back up the wife when she's exploring or progressing her character, and the Priest when we have the whole guild in game... because no one likes to be that guy for some reason?!

What are your expectations of this server?:
Profanity and Vulgarity free, because I am a family man. Generally benevolent social setting where we can interact with the community without being hunted and ganked for someone else's entertainment. Perhaps some tolerance for a family of deaf-mutes should some of the family like what they see and join, yet get so excited when being talked to they can't find the "/" key!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Can't choose a favorite, but definitely Respect, Tolerance, Humility and Language sections all make outstanding points that I cannot stress enough, of course the RP section... but I guess that goes without saying!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Stonetooth stared out at the wind. You could see it by the snow it held as the wind whipped furiously by the entrance to the Thunderbrew Distillery.
"I wouldn't go out in that if I were you." Belm said without looking up from the mugs he was polishing. Belm had been the innkeep here at the Thunderbrew for as long as Stonetooth could remember, he had been kind when the others were cold to him, so without a second thought, he accepted the wisdom of the grizzled old man and stepped back inside.

"Fine," said Stonetooth, "but if I don't fill this order of skins this week, I may not get the coin to my Sister Foxxfoot in time for her to start the training! I'm sending her to the Priestesses like our Ma said, I won't have her gutting and skinning alone in the woods like me and Da!"

"I wonder if your Ma would still want her to go knowing how much she loves the forest... and if Hunting has really been that poor a trade for you and your Da?", the innkeep pondered to no one at all, still polishing mugs that already shined.

"Doesn't matter what she wants, Ma made me promise before the chill took her two winters ago, Da never returned from a hunting trip a winter before that, so I'll fulfill my promise, and she can hash it out with the Sisters at the Temple of the Light!" Stonetooth did secretly acknowledge that he would never have taken to the "Light" like his Brother Soretooth, and forcing his sister to do it had become three handfuls. She had been quite clear about her thoughts on the Sisters of the Light and what she would do with her surprisingly sharp axe (when did that stop being a toy axe?) if he continued to try and drag her to that fate!

Stonetooth looked up as a frothy mug hit the table in front of him, and Belm thumped another on the table in front of himself as he sat down beside him. "I can't afford brew right now..." he started, but Belm just waved a hand in front of his face to ward off the cost. "It's a tankard of that keg that keeps appearing downstairs, help me drink it before the customers see it and think its mine."

Stonetooth turned the mug up quickly to avoid Belm seeing his blush, giving away his part in at least one of those barrels in the past!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Looking forward to securing approval and checking things out as new daughter and music career progress. Wow is a game full of potential, and I hope this is a server where I can enjoy some of the world of Azeroth pre-end-game.
YES! I FINALLY GET TO DO AN INTRODUCTION!

Plus, you play dwarves. I like you already!

Anywho, welcome to Conquest of the Horde, DewyB! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Check our wiki for any information you need, and don't be afraid to seek any GM or player in-game if you need help. (I'm usually on Munix, my dwarf, or Uthaniel, my namesake, and would be more than willing to help in any way you need.)
(09-11-2011, 02:36 PM)Uthaniel Wrote: YES! I FINALLY GET TO DO AN INTRODUCTION!

Reigen's gonna sick her cats on you.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
... I see many mentions of dwarves here.

I approve, and sense you and I shall be good friends.
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
Thank you for the approval, if I may I would like to ask a couple of questions since I have some members in good standing looking in.

I took the initiative and made/ "rolled" Stonetooth last night and worked him up ready for pet training.

Do I need to make a post creating Stonetooth here in the forums, or was this his creation, and I need to make additional introductions for additional characters?

Also I noticed a portal to Ironforge in the starter area, but did not want to assume anything. Should I do anything with the character in game OOC (meet with GM's, beg for lvl 80 char, ect.) or am I free to just sally forth and progress as usual (my preference)?

I ask this because I do not want to be rude and "shun" other players by turning down an offer of a high lvl character to assist them in gaming if offered, but my "game" is exploring and pretty much using crafted equipment. Should I have an opportunity to create a Max Character, I would rather do something with a Priest and would need time just to learn the buttons before I could be free to slip into the character.

So, I ask to be able to decide where to devote limited time to make the best effort!
Ok, scratch that, found a sticky about gruntship, and I'm free to focus on Stonetooth for a bit!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Damn Dwarf! Hiya all! DragonHunter 1 634 05-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros