The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Pet Trainers and Cock Fights
So when I was making a socially inept nerd who would have been like my 14-year-old self, I was thinking of what would be the closest thing to showing people my pokemon and pokemon battles.

Then I realized there was a huge array of non-combat pets, and the combat potential that could happen between pets.

In parody I was thinking that we could have trainers who have their pets fight other pets (until one faints, of course, in the spirit of pokemon). I was thinking this could have a lot of rp potential and a lot of comedic moments. Perhaps we could make a guild for it too, but in the meantime I'm hoping we could make some pet fights between players.

As an added note I heard that bruisers and guards really wouldn't mind if we had two little critters duke it out with one another :P
If I do this..what do I call it?

[Image: natural-selection.jpg]

I have an additional suggestion.

While non-combat pets make great pokemon-esque fun, as do Hunter pets, combat might turn out a little too realistic for some people. Even though some pets can toss sleeping powder, some breathe fire, some fly, some shoot acid webbing and such.

Mage Familiars could fight. A mage's familiar is a (previously) normal animal that has been changed and warped by the Arcane that the mage wields, and bound to the mage. So, you have talking ravens, acid-spitting spiders that can knit sweaters in their spare time, fire-breathing foxes, electric rats, frost turtles, and so on. I miss a certain mage's penguin.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(09-12-2011, 09:50 AM)aroes Wrote: If I do this..what do I call it?

[Image: natural-selection.jpg]

Cheating :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
So we dubbed an IC name for them now, "Pockepets."

I'm going to try and make this a fad :v