The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I've always been a gamer at heart. Ever since I was old enough to know which button to press to turn on the console, I've been gaming. Even though, I'll have to admit, I'm not very good at first person shooters. About four years ago I was introduced to Role play through Neverwinter Nights and I've never looked back. I'm extremely easy going and I just try to help other players out as best I can.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from the east coast of the United States. English is my one and only language, sadly. I'd love to learn another language someday though! I know that doesn't count, but still!

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Years ago, I played Warcraft 3 but I never got into World of Warcraft until I met my boyfriend about five years ago. Then, we got sick of spending 15 dollars a month on an "eh" game. Constantly questing and grinding is something that I get bored with very quickly, I like story lines not smacking random monsters with a sword. That... and I'm terrible at PvP.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Torches actually invited me over. We play on a Neverwinter Nights server together and he said that the community here was extremely friendly and helpful.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

You name it, I'll probably like it. With the exception of a few things. I love getting to know the other characters, whether it's in a group setting or one on one. Fighting is great and all but I'd prefer to RP it out over the PvP alternative. (Like I said... I'm terrible at it!)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Ah, good old memories. I have a soft spot for Blood Elf/Night Elf Hunters for some strange reason. The reason is simple really, I like elves and I'm an animal person. I love having a pet in character. I've never had the chance to do so in a WoW setting before and I'm looking forward to it!

What are your expectations of this server?:

A friendly, helpful community that I can chat with and have a good time. I'm hoping to be a part of some awesome RP and have a great experience with the server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The Respect. I've stumbled across a few communities that are nothing but rude trolls. It's nice to finally see somewhere that seems to have put their foot down on the matter.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(This is part of a backround that I wrote for a character on a RP zombie survival server. It's pretty long so sorry for the wall of text! Oh, and just a disclaimer, there are a FEW curse words.)

The early afternoon was smeared with black clouds as they slowly spread across the sky. What had been a gentle summer breeze only hours before was now a harsh howling wind. A deep rumbling could be heard far off in the distance as the storm marched its way across the land. Skylar had watched the movement of the clouds for over an hour as she tried to determine the path of the storm.

"... Well so much for this trip." She grumbled to herself once she was positive that the storm was headed her way. She quickly moved around her small campsite and packed away what little supplies she had into her saddle bag before swinging them over the haunches of her mare.

"Eric's gonna kill me." She muttered to the small horse as she pulled herself up into the saddle and grabbed the reins. The little mare raced through the woods, following a small game trail that Skylar had found a few days before.

As darkness fell, Skylar was crossing the open fields heading towards the barn. The vicious storm was hot on her heels. In between the flashes of lightning something caught her eye.

A figure moving across the pasture heading towards the lights of the house. She couldn't quite make out what or who it was so she turned her horse towards the stranger and cautiously trotted over. Another flash and she was able to see that the stranger was probably a man. Then darkness for a few seconds. With the next coming of light, she noticed the man walked with a limp then shuffled. Limp, shuffle. The mans unnatural gait unnerved her as she approached and she called out to him only to have her voice drowned out by a loud boom of thunder.

She tried again, shouting this time to be heard over the wind "HELLO?"
The shuffling man gave no answer.

Finally she pulled her horse up in front of him and halted. "You're tresspa---" Her voice fell away when she saw the condition of the man. He was pale and his hair was plastered to his forehead from sweat and rain. His clothes were in tatters and barely clung to his emaciated body. Blood soaked his trousers and the bottom half of his shirt. Beneath the rips and tears on one of his legs she could barely make out a festering wound. An animal attack... maybe rabid or something, she thought.

"Gods!" She leaped out of the saddle and grabbed the man by the shoulder, wincing at the man's rampant fever. Heat radiated off his body.

"M-mister? Are you... alright?" She stammered.
This time the man gave a response, but due to the howling wind it sounded only like an unintelligible groan...

~~~~~~

Half an hour later Skylar was sitting in front of the fireplace in the small living room of her cottage. Her brother, Eric, had carried the injured man upstairs and settled him in one of the spare rooms. Images of the battered man haunted Skylar every moment she closed her eyes. Something about that stranger was wrong and she didn't like it.

He's just got a fever and probably dehydrated. She scolded herself for being so judgmental.

Heavy footsteps thudded down the stairs as Eric returned.

"Well... how bad is it?" Sklyar asked softly, not taking her eyes off the flickering flames in front of her.

Her brother paused before he responded as a clap of thunder erupted outside, shaking the very walls of the house. "He looks like hell... don't even know if he'll live out this damned weather. He'll probably die from the infection in his leg in a few days if that fever doesn't get him first"

She felt a pang of guilt in her chest and she turned to look up at her twin, his own face reflecting the same pain. "Is there nothin' we can do?" she pleaded.

Eric closed his grey eyes and shook his head. "Make him as comfortable as we can... I'll take care of him. You just stay down here and stay warm. Can't have you comin' down with a fever too."

A small silence lulled into the room only to be shattered by another earth shaking lightning strike outside. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a smirk curl on her brother's lips as she jumped at the noise. "Oh shut it... you'd be creeped out to if you found him ... scuttling out in the fields."

"What kind of word is 'scuttling'?" Eric's smirk, if possible. grew even more.

"A legitimate one!"

As Eric took breath for his quick remark a soft 'thump' echoed from upstairs. He cursed under his breath instead. "Fool probably just fell out of bed. Wait here."

Skylar stood up from the couch, the blanket still wrapped around her shoulders and watched her brother make his way to the stairs. The thump echoed again, louder this time. Then followed by
a soft 'sssshhhcckk'. Both siblings stopped at the strange noise and tilted their heads at the same angle to listen again. Thump... ssshhcckkk. Thump thump, shhhckkk.

"What in the nine hells is--" her brother started before Skylar cut him off.

"He's walking... or trying to., I think."

Eric sighed and shook his head. "Damned fool. Just gonna hurt himself."

He gave Skylar a stern look that she knew meant 'stay put' and jogged up the stairs.

A feeling of dread knotted itself in her stomach as her brother disappeared upstairs. The very house itself seemed on edge as the walls groaned from the strain of the force of the unrelenting wind. She could hear Eric's muffled voice as he spoke to the man trying to explain to him that he needed to stay in bed and rest.

Another flash of lightning streaked across the night sky, drawing Skylar's attention to the window. Her thoughts drifted away from the odd man upstairs to her older brother, Colter. Every month or so he made a trip up to the farm to check up on her and Eric. It was well past time for another visit but judging by how fierce the weather was, it would be at least a few more days before he arrived...

"GAH! SON OF A b***h!" Eric cried out in pain and ripped Skylar's thoughts back to reality. Above her, she could hear the sounds of a struggle as she raced for the stairs. It sounded as if the two were wrestling on the floor. Her heart was pounding in her throat by the time she'd made it to the spare bedroom.

Eric had the man pinned against the wall, barely holding him back as he kicked, clawed, spit and screamed in fury. A deep wound that looked to be a bite bled freely on his arm.

All at once her senses were overwhelmed with information. The first thing to hit her was the smell. The room wreaked of vomit and blood. A thick reddish black liquid covered the bed and part of the wooden floor. Eric was barely able to keep his footing as he forced the crazed man against the wall. Her brother's arm was torn open from a jagged bite to his bicep and blood was welling up out of the wound and dripping to the floor.

"I thought I told you to stay PUT!" Eric shouted when she rushed into the room.

Uncertain whether his words were aimed at her or the man he now held up against the wall by the throat, she hesitated.

Suddenly, the mad man locked eyes on Skylar and let loose a blood curdling scream. With renewed strength he kicked Eric in the gut and launched himself at the weaker target in the doorway. For some damned reason, her legs refused to move. Terror had rooted her to the spot, her knees melted into mush and her feet turned to stone. She screamed as the man tackled her, knocking her to floor. The liquid on the floor was warm and sticky, coating her clothes and hair as she struggled with the man on top of her.

Her eyes darted away to her twin, who was rolling off his back and onto his knees, moaning in pain. With speed she didn't know he possessed he leaped on top of the stranger and yanked him off of her. The two stumbled back farther into the room then Eric lost his footing on the liquid covering the floor and they both crashed down to the hardwood. With one arm around the man's throat he reached for the kerosene lamp on the night stand and with as much strength that he could muster he slammed it down against the man's skull.

Any light in the room instantly vanished but Skylar knew the fight continued. She heard a few more gasps of breath and then silence.

A bright flash filled the room as a figure staggered up to his feet and stumbled to Skylar. Thunder rumbled outside as her brother snatched her arm in his iron grip and hauled her up to her feet. He dragged her out of the room and kicked the door shut behind him. In the light of the hallway, Skylar could make out several grievous wounds on his arms and neck.

"Are you hurt?" He rasped as he looked her over.

All she could manage in response was a weak shake of the head.

He pulled her in for a gruff hug then released her. "Don't ever scare me like that again, Sky. What the hell were you thinking?"

"I... I don't..." Was all she could manage, her voice simply refused to cooperate.

Worry flickered across Eric's face and he led his twin down the stairs. "Let's get cleaned up... we'll deal with the body in the morning..."

Skylar nodded in agreement and headed for the kitchen to clean up and then the pantry to grab what medical supplies they had to tend to her brother's wounds. When she walked back into the living room Eric's back was turned to her as he gripped the mantle and doubled over, breathing heavily. At the sound of her footsteps he straightened himself and turned around to face her.

She hefted her armful of bandages and salves to show that she had found the supplies then nodded her head towards the couch. Eric grumbled but obliged and walked over to the couch and sat down.

The wounds looked extremely painful and she did what should could to ease the discomfort as she wrapped the bandages around them. Gods... most of these are bite wounds... like a damned animal.. She thought to herself.

When she was finished she smiled and patted his shoulder. "All done. Go get some rest, Eric. You look like hell."

"You don't look so great yourself, sis." He smirked and tousled her hair.

"Go ahead and use my room." She pointed down the hall. "Doesn't seem right, sleepin' up there with... him"

"Ya sure?" He quirked an eyebrow as he stood up off the couch. He loved Skylar's room, he just would never admit it and Skylar knew it. It was always clean and the bed had fresh linens. Whereas Eric's.... wasn't.

She laughed dryly and shooed him off. "Yeah. Won't be able to sleep anyways..."

"Heh... thanks Sky." He limped off down the hall and she heard the door softly shut once he was inside.

Exhaustion swarmed her body as she laid down on the comfortable couch in front of the warm fire. The thunder had ebbed to a soft rumble and the rain was a soft drizzle against the window pane. If not for the dead man upstairs and the ache in her muscles it would have been extremely peaceful. Instead, she fell into an uneasy sleep, plagued with nightmares.

(There's more to it. But, I figured this was a good spot to stop.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I will be catching up on the Warcraft lore while I wait to see if I get approved! *crosses fingers*
Torches' friend! This oughta be fun.

Anywho, welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Faeble! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Check our wiki for any information you need, and don't be afraid to seek any GM or player in-game if you need help. (I'm usually on Munix, my dwarf, or Uthaniel, my namesake, and would be more than willing to help in any way you need.)