The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Adventurer
As World of Warcraft began the players would become the new center of the Warcraft Universe. You can argue that one faction leader may be more important than another, but you cannot argue that the player is not important. He/she is called the Adventurer within Warcraft's universe, so lore does indeed recognize the player. The unknown Adventurer has been everywhere, from defeating the Defias Brotherhood and purifying the Wailing Caverns to the daring invasion of Naxxramas and even aiding in the take down of Illidan and the Burning Legion's forces in Outland.

The Adventurer has done all of these things and so much more. Even today they continue on their crusade for glory. And here I will finally make my point, why not play as an epic adventurer? Here is my proposal:

1. We will make a party, 5 people including myself.
  2. Each of us shall go to character selection and click 'create new character,' once this is done, stop.
  3. The game will have a default race and class selected, this will be your chosen adventurer. You may customize their appearance however you see fit, but do not change the race or class.
  4. Once you have your character ready, we shall meet in a neutral territory. Be it Dalaran, Shattrath, or some other city of heroes, we will join forces for the sole purpose of glory.
  5. This character will not be bumped to 50 nor 80. We will RP from 1-80.

These are the rules to my challenge. So without further a due, will you accept the challenge?
[Image: tumblr_m1dc8rDUHe1rn95k2o1_400.gif]
[Image: challenge_accepted_RE_Its_Another_New_Po...128676.jpg]

Unless I have other stuff to do.
Except that the things your can mechanically do are not things you can IC-ly do on a COTH-PC-character. Killing defias at level X does not ICly make your character a defias-slayer.

But this does raise the question: Are 5 people allowed to go OOC, and RP in their OOC party the Mechanical storyline of the game? GMz? (These characters would never interact or exist in any connection to real CotH RP characters)

Also, if this is allowed, I think all 5 should be horde or alliance.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
(09-28-2011, 08:31 AM)DaveM Wrote: Except that the things your can mechanically do are not things you can IC-ly do on a COTH-PC-character. Killing defias at level X does not ICly make your character a defias-slayer.

But this does raise the question: Are 5 people allowed to go OOC, and RP in their OOC party the Mechanical storyline of the game? GMz? (These characters would never interact or exist in any connection to real CotH RP characters)

Also, if this is allowed, I think all 5 should be horde or alliance.
I don't see why not. The Warcraft Universe does recognize the player character at many different times. By this, I don't mean that a single Adventurer would go through and wipe out the Defias.

Also, I do intend to have these Adventurers mingle with others. If everything is done ICly, why not? I understand there must be humility in terms of a character, but doesn't everyone have an 'epic hero' in themselves?
No, a major chunk of what players single-handedly do in the course of the game are completely unrealistic for the power-levels that CotH-characters are allowed to have - this has been reinforced by staff over and over.

Whether this can be done OOC however, I'd still love to know.
Spoiler:
Actually Grakor and Madferret did some rp before based on questing from starting out at level 1. Some of the quests they have you do are unrealistic. I think if that's the case you can just call it non-canon rp, but I don't think anyone will say you -can't- rp this out.
I just think it would be assumed that these larger feats (slaying groups of defias) could be very viable-- especially with a group of five roving about and picking them off one or two at a time.

Now, later on things might be different but heck, five people taking down a fel orc in 5v1 still seems alright when you make it to outland.

The mass of people changes a lot, at least to me. That's just my opinion though.
Umm.. awesome then - where do I sign up?

So no bumping levels, no sending money to these toons? Alliance or Horde? Perhaps a guild for it? Death is treated as KO?
Spoiler:
I think it'd be easier if they were the same faction, and to choose a starting zone that has two races. So for Horde the trolls and orcs take the same starting zones and quests while Alliance has dwarves and gnomes starting off in the same place.
Great to hear it's possible. I'll be expanding on the whole rules a bit later, currently going to class. But, yes, no bumping, no money sending. I was hoping to make it cross-faction, but it will likely be either Horde or Alliance. Which faction has yet to be seen though.
A group of people(including myself) did this back in the day, or something like this. If you are up for having me, I would love to join.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
This sounds like some fun to me :)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
The group of 5 (or 8 or 10 or 15) won't always be on at the same time, how do we keep the progression amongst them balanced?

And yea, definetely a guild.
Spoiler:
Back from class and I had a chance to reflect on the idea.

Firstly, a guild is indeed needed for this. However, the guild will mostly be an OOC way to find fellow adventurers. The guild will be cross-faction so that if you are questing in neutral areas, your adventurers may bump into one another. The biggest issue I had before hand with factions was that I had been expecting to only have a few people involved. However, seeing as quite a few people like the idea, I think making it cross-faction would be fine. I will be making a guild post with more concrete rules on this whole idea.

And as I've said before, your character will be more or less randomized. We will be taking quests IC (so long as they are reasonable) as well as possibly doing 5-man dungeons. I would like to do this without any help from alts, i.e. no sending monies and no sort of power-leveling.

I'm open and welcome for any suggestions and opinions here.
I might suggest that you don't treat this as something extremely coherent with the current CotH lore cycle. This is because if you claim to have "beaten" instances and major quests you're basically repeating events that occurred in the past (since the Cataclysm is just about to start in the current timeline).

It sounds super awesome, but bear in mind that you're creating a kind of parallel timeline inside of CotH.