The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Feedback Me! Come on!
Updating!

Cristovao di Silvio
Cristovao I am hoping to develop in a more Alliance-centric direction, lately. Originally he was conceived as a level-headed sort of guy who holds no real ire towards the Horde, I am drifting away from that -some- as that describes entirely too many characters on this server already. He won't be outright hostile, but Cristo will be weary around the likes of strange orcs and especially Forsaken. Blood elves will be a mixed bag, as I wish to play up Cristovao as very much in-tune with his Lordaeron roots, part of which was a big emphasis on the multi-cultural community. He sees BEs as victims more than traitors.

He's still a draenei-weeaboo, too. I am also looking for feedback on how to better portray him as a heroic character... because dammit, Cristo is a hero character.

Hrodebert Rivermouth
Hrod is back in action since the Torr story is finished, and as such I hope to bring more focus to dwarf RP. Furthermore, I've re-tooled Hrodebert's background a little, making him half Wildhammer, half Bronzebeard dwarf, in hopes of diversifying the dwarf population we have.

Madugo
Madugo hasn't changed much in the past two months. I'm giving him a "family man" sort of bend, and will RPing him with his children more often. And don't worry, the Sins of the Son story will come back... eventually.

Aryeon
Now that Aryeon has long since been approved as a special profile, he's really starting to shine more. I hope to use him to antagonize other Blood Elves and try and create more bonds with the rest of the Horde races. I also wish for him to be a vessel for some seriously well done Blood Elf lore RP that will dive into the drama and decadence of the race.

Du'guro
I'll be honest, I have grown to love Du'guro. He was originally meant to be a cardboard, two dimensional antagonist for Madugo, but as I RPed him, I found it far more fun to flesh out his ideals and philosophies, giving him a much larger potential for conflict than just having him be a racist, sexist old savage. However, my plans for him are worthless if he is not received as intended, so I want to make sure that is happening here. Du'guro is a bitter, xenophobic, sexist old troll, yet he has plenty of positive qualities. In fact, he'd be likable if he'd just change his attitude about things, I think. His conflict comes from his justifications of trollish ways, which are meant to be, objectively speaking, relatively sound (some of them are more flimsy than others, such as Du'guro thinking elements are worthless simply because they're not gods), but ultimately offensive to most. Ultimately, Du'guro is meant to be the jerk who makes a good point, but is still overall disliked or despised because he's such an asshole, but tell me what you think of him.

Hercynian
Hercynian remains unRPed for the most part, but he has a WIP profile and those who have RPed with him, I would like feedback on.

Gantrithor
I rolled a spacegoat, yay! Gantrithor has also seen only a little RP, but his profile is approved and he has a unique premise. Those who have RPed with Gan, please tell me what you think!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Bump :V
It's not your characters I'm impressed about, it's the storylines.

Dem storylines, Rob. Dem storylines.

The one complaint I can really pose at the current moment, is that they all seem to be the same idea. "Something happens, someone dissaproves, other approves. Take a side."

That is all.
(10-11-2011, 01:30 AM)Psycho Wrote: It's not your characters I'm impressed about, it's the storylines.

Dem storylines, Rob. Dem storylines.

The one complaint I can really pose at the current moment, is that they all seem to be the same idea. "Something happens, someone dissaproves, other approves. Take a side."

That is all.

I'm not sure if I should be proud about that or not, pfffft. Yeah, the storylines are similar in theme (what can I say, I love a good drama.), but hopefully future ones might be different. On the flipside, the main reason the storylines have "sides" is so players will feel invited to take one of the sides and actively change the story as it goes along.

... actually, yeah, future storylines will probably be less side-oriented, and more rooted in crap likes THE GHOSTS OF CHARACTER X's PAST or something like that. I do have a few ideas already...

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, feel free to give me more as you see fit :D
Ah, sir Rob!

While I haven't RPed with you all too much, I did RP enough with you to get an opinion, mostly!
To start off, you're a good RPer with great ideas, there's no question of that! Though I do have some things to say that have been troubling my mind whenever I RPed with you.

For starters, your RP seems rather... OOCly oriented. I'm not posing it as a bad thing, because it very easily could be great, but it seems you get a whole lot of IC concepts from their OOC origins! (...Might not be the best way to put it...)

As an example: Let's take OOC professions, shall we? I saw you state ICly (As Cristo, I think) things that are largely for OOC mechanics, such as recipe ingredients that don't make any sense ICly, but are just there as an OOC mechanic.

To sum that up, if I even got my point out properly... Some could say it's a bad thing, some could say it's good, but i'm saying that it should be something to take into consideration!

That is possibly the only thing I could offer my thoughts of regarding your Arr Pee, as everything else is just fine.
Hope to RP with you more, Rob!
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
(10-12-2011, 03:10 PM)Adam255 Wrote: Ah, sir Rob!

While I haven't RPed with you all too much, I did RP enough with you to get an opinion, mostly!
To start off, you're a good RPer with great ideas, there's no question of that! Though I do have some things to say that have been troubling my mind whenever I RPed with you.

For starters, your RP seems rather... OOCly oriented. I'm not posing it as a bad thing, because it very easily could be great, but it seems you get a whole lot of IC concepts from their OOC origins! (...Might not be the best way to put it...)

As an example: Let's take OOC professions, shall we? I saw you state ICly (As Cristo, I think) things that are largely for OOC mechanics, such as recipe ingredients that don't make any sense ICly, but are just there as an OOC mechanic.

To sum that up, if I even got my point out properly... Some could say it's a bad thing, some could say it's good, but i'm saying that it should be something to take into consideration!

That is possibly the only thing I could offer my thoughts of regarding your Arr Pee, as everything else is just fine.
Hope to RP with you more, Rob!

In my eyes, the OOC mechanics are perfectly legitimate sources for IC material. If it exists in the game, then its canon, more or less, in my eyes. Personally, I find it fun to devise of justifications for these relations, too. For example, when Cristo was explaining the use of Outland herbs in inks used for Deathknight glyphs and relating them to the potions Nexi was creating. I can see why this may annoy some people, but really, the fun for me in RPing Warcraft is most of the things are already thought out for me. I don't have to worry about justifying why Magic A does Effect A or whatever, because the game does that for me. Besides, I enjoy some of the fantastic elements involved with the "OOC" mechanics. Warcraft is a silly-stupid fantasy for me, and I honestly can't get why people take it so srsly. (no offense to those who do take it srsly, but I can't wrap my head around it)

That said, I'm glad you seem to like my characters, at least!
Quote:Cristovao di Silvio
I'll admit, Cristo has given me possibly the most problems of all my characters, but I suppose that is to be expected of your first character. He's gone under scrutiny for having a lot of experiences in his profile, for using somewhat fancy armor/shields, a sword that may or may not be on fire, and for attempting to speak foreign languages (did I forget anything? Laugh ). I'm not offended, though, don't get me wrong. However, I do sometimes get the feel that Cristo is unwanted by other people. Maybe its just me getting ahead of myself and making assumptions, I dunno, but half the time I role played Cristo (well not literally half), he felt like others didn't like him OOCly or ICly. Of course, this may very well just all be me, and to be fair I haven't RPed Cristo much since the Draenei Pilgrimage went on temporary hiatus, but still. Just gotta get that off my chest. Cristo was intended to be a "heroic" character, and you can't force heroism, it has to be accepted as such. Therefore, I want advice on how to better this goal for Cristovao, because in general he's meant to be a sound-minded, well-educated, all around nice/likeable guy. I feel I have made some progress with the Draenei Pilgrimage, but I feel there is yet more to be done.

Cristo's the only char of yours I've met, so that's all I can talk about. :P

I'll begin by saying you're right, new characters of any sort aren't often very good at the start. It's a new concept, a new race, a new class, whatever, and it's normal for you to take a little bit to fit into these new shoes. This holds true for us all. Don't get me started on all the goofy things I've done because I didn't know absolutely everything there is to know about a given race or class and I had the rotten luck to have a small detail become important to know during RP. There are -still- certain races I avoid simply because I'm afraid of messing up. Hopefully people won't hold that against you for too long, if at all. Or even better, help you along in what it is you're trying to play. And honestly, fancy armor, weapons and shields aren't a big deal. Especially when you consider Cristo is a Paladin.

As for the foreign languages thing, I've only seen him know Draenei, and even then only know what's being said and not speak it in return. And even still, the RP he had with or near Nexi almost always had Dia at his side to translate anyway. And when she wasn't, Nexi or someone else was always ready to translate if needed. It's worth noting that you didn't use the translator item with intent to cause harm, whereas others with such an item might've tried to. You showed restraint when using it, even if it wasn't allowed, and that's commendable.

Now onto not being wanted. The only reason I can think of him not being liked is because he's with a Draenei. Most inter-racial relationships come with complications, but I personally don't mind such relationships provided the characters know that such a relationship will likely spark anger and ostracism or worse from others, which you both know and accept ICly and OOCly. Which is good! But OOC rudeness for IC actions is never something to be tolerated, so just be sure to let us know about such instances.

So all in all, Thumbs up
Well, Nexi, I never got actual OOC rudeness, it's just a gut-feeling, ya know? But, like I said, maybe I'm just thinking too hard on it all, which seems to be the case, but I digress.

And you know what the real lulzy tragedy of the translator is? There exists such a device in the game as a quest item that allows Horde to speak Dwarvish so they can learn what Brann bronzebeard is doing at Ulduar.
Bump! Updated the main post! GIVE FEEDBACK NAO.
I've come to realize that updating the main post does not really promote new feedback as much as just making a new post entirely.

So with that said, I'm making a new post!

Here are the characters...

Cristovao di Silvio
Oh, Cristovao. You have become a thorn in my creative side, and I have noone to blame but myself. I am going to be rewriting his profile soon, so any last words people have on him before I start slapping him around with the retcon stick is appreciated. That said, a lot of the changes I'll be putting him through were being gradually implemented anyway (more Alliance-centric character, ect), so herpderp.

Hrodebert Rivermouth
Hrod has been seeing some RP again due to the Love is In the Air event. He's meant to be one of my mains, but I think he sees the least RP, which is annoying. Something I'm focusing on right now for him is his speech patterns: in the past I've made him talk entirely too formally and professionally for both his personality and the fact he's a freakin dwarf.

Madugo
Madugo remains much the same as he's always been, and I'm ok with that. Family man spiritual hippie troll ftw. I just hope he's becoming better known among the server.

Aryeon
Aryeon is my goddamn RP hog now. I know he has quite a few fans out there, so I really wanna know what you all think about CotH's oldest, crankiest self loathing blood elf :D

Du'guro
I've hardly touched Du'guro in a while, but he remains a favorite of mine. I dunno if he's really made an influence on anyone though due to how little RP he gets.

Hercynian
Hercynian is hardly touched, but if he left an impression on anyone, I'd like to know about it.

Gantrithor
Gantrithor has seen some decent RP lately. Not a whole lot, mostly just draenei racial RP. I'd like to know what people think of the strong-headed ex-vindicator.

Aside from characters, I also have done some writing and event planning!

Most of you are probably familiar with The Song of the Sun, and don't worry loyal readers, I'll be updating it soon with chapter 2 (out of 6 planned).

Wanderlust was a huge goddamn failure due to a number of reasons: bad timing, a bout of depression hitting at the same time, the fact it required several people online at the same time to RP the character arc properly... it was a mess. I still want to continue the spirit of Wanderlust, though, with random adventure RP, but I'll probably shift focus to Hrodebert and Madugo to get it done, due to Cristovao getting a rewrite.

... and for the time being, that really seems to be it. Woopee, hit me with your best shot!
Cristovao needs to be a huge elf hater, with a billion rotting elf heads hanging off his glorious horse covered in blood because Cristovao is a barbarian who doesn't bathe because he wants to smell like battle forever.
Robby, my boy! *Dons monocle and 'stache* Let the review begin. Seeing as some time has passed.

In general to give the vague of it, you are possibly one of my most favorite people on the server both in character and out of it. You're smart, witty, and quite the pleasant person to be around. Speaking to you is always favorable because you seem to be a natural at talking and listening at a combined ratio which keeps you both interesting, and interested.

The list goes on.

Your characters are interesting, varied, and lively. Each and every one displays a unique ideal to it, without too much harm to the lore or the player base, and they each bare a unique shade of your personality which I quite enjoy. The fight I had between you and Sangreala was possibly my most adored fight during my whole time on CoTH, despite the lack of importance it bared to any real things. And I simply await at the edge of my seat to every upcoming RP with you, despite TTTTTIMEZOOOONES!

As a person, you're kindly and funny, finding a great line between present and yet not. Someone who both speaks and listens. (Better watch him, Immy, I might steal him. Using rope. A lot of it.)

The downs?

Well, to be frank, I found only one flaw which upsets your white page. You tend to be a bit overly aggravated. That leads to you being quite a potty mouth. I think that if you simply got your temper in check, you could earn quite a presence that most could barely even grasp on. Your arguments seemed to be littered with filth in them, and if you wash those over, you'd find a much more persuasive argument.

I don't do single characters.

Just don't roll like that.

Well, feedback on myself as a person is p. swag too.

I thought I was doing well on curbing my attitude, but I suppose I still have a ways to go D:
Bump!
I don't RP with you often, nor are you someone I generally choose to associate with. This is at least partly because our characters don't overlap often. However, I'll offer my piece of criticism.

You often seem very firmly entrenched in your own personal interpretation of lore and refuse to look at things from a perspective other than your own. The high elf debate that we underwent a while ago is a prime example of this, but not the only one. It's one of the reasons I generally don't choose to speak with you very often, because every time I do it ends up feeling antagonistic and we're just going to butt heads and argue over something. And yes, I'm aware that's largely because I, too, am a stubborn person.

Don't really have much to add beyond that.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen