The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stupid
Guys, at the time that I started typing this, there are currently 31 people on.

19 Of these players... are standing around in OOc caver.

Guys, this is rediculous, there is no reason that there should be this many people doing that. There are more than enough people on to RP. 19 people is like an army in RP terms.

No I want to know why there is over 50% of the population on a RP server, that are not RPing.

I suggested through LFG that everyone goes to RP at Shattrath, you know how many showed up? NONE.

I don't mean to be mean, but...why are you guys on a RP server if you are going to sit in a OOC area instead or RPing.

I would just like to know.
Some of us log in to talk to friends.

Some of us log in after a bad day and just want to unwind with the community of COTH.

Some of us are AFK.

Some of us might be on a character to use as a drawing reference, or using them for writing a profile.

It is a shame that many sit into OOC, complaining about no RP, yet refusing to go RP when it's offered. Best you can do is shrug it off. complaining about it won't really help anyone.
Just saying... At least where I am, it's nearly 12 AM. A lot of people don't feel like RPing when they're tired, but don't feel like going to bed either.

What do they do?

Go about and socialize with their friends. They make new friends, discuss the day's events, so on and so forth.

Ultimately, we can't 'force' people into RP. They have to choose it freely.
If you log in to unwind with the community, or talk to friends, why not do it IC.
Some choose to be pricks and criticize people at every turn, without giving an actual insight for growing.

Some take those silly matters into the game and do indirect comments when they can.

Some go as far as to take those matters IC'ly.

Some of those are the people that are in OOC island.

But it's pretty much what Krilari and Reigen said, time and other things interfere, some others actually log just to have a talk to their friends.
Also, Zero, to your last point;

Our characters aren't us. They can't complain about our hard day, or our homework, or our lack of sleep last night.
Whenever I'm in OOC I'm cooling down from RP I priorly had and chilling out, doing other things. Everyone has their own things to do, heh.
(10-15-2011, 08:34 PM)saiyuu Wrote: Some choose to be pricks and criticize people at every turn, without giving an actual insight for growing.

Some take those silly matters into the game and do indirect comments when they can.

Some go as far as to take those matters IC'ly.

Some of those are the people that are in OOC island.

I'd ask for this to not be brought up here. There isn't any need to stir any drama.

And I pretty much mirror Kril's thoughts.
I am not saying they are. But people say that they sit in OOCC because they are tired of RP or they are cooling down...

Sitting in an Inn and typing a couple lines every couple of minutes, isn't that hard. I'm not saying "Omg lets have PVP event or lets all go through the jungle and stuff every 2 sec." But come on, if you wan't to just relax, go to a tavern, and just relax there.
And why can't your character have had the same hard day you have had? Why can't your character hace had a long day of work too?
You know, Prologue had no OOC zone. You weren't allowed to be OOC anywhere.

Know what people did?

Logged in, found places to hide, and chatted with friends when they didn't feel like RPing.

This server, any server, is a trussed up chat room when you get down to it. Sometimes people go for that facet.

Run a statistical study on how often people are in OOC and in what ratios, then get back to me on what is "too much" time in OOC, and in too great a number.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Have you tried asking people in OOC directly if they'd like to RP?

I'm sure they have reasons for not wanting to. Or maybe they need an invitation.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I'm not all saying that I am right in what I believe.

I am just saying, it seems to me people spend more time cooling down from RP than RPing.
And more from me!

Simply put, some don't really want to try to act, because depending on the character acting can actually be a bit taxing.

...Just out of my own example, RPing Endling brings me into a sort of mood. I can honestly be a bit taxing, but not in a bad kinda way. I know it is something I wouldn't do while tired, though.
And am also not at all saying don't let people be OOC, I just want to RP, but it seems noone else does anymore.
And Similar to C0r's idea, I just feel like it is more of a chat room than a RP server.

i am not saying i don't like the server, I mean, this is one of few places that I can find people that will put up with me and be my friend XD. But i just wish there was...more RP.
(10-15-2011, 08:49 PM)zeromanzx Wrote: And am also not at all saying don't let people be OOC, I just want to RP, but it seems noone else does anymore.

That is a very harsh thing to say, good sir. You're looking at only the people in OOCC, while on CoTH, there is no such thing as a time without -any- RP. (Aside from a few rare occasions that there are three or four people on the server.)

Try to join RP, instead of starting it. Personally, I find RP whenever I want to by just joining it.

Only once have I seen the entire server not RPing, and that was when there were only four people on, and two were AFK.
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am stupid. Brutalskars 1 754 05-14-2009, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Am I just being stupid? Azheron 2 797 04-29-2009, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Theik