The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Account Creation issues with E-mail/IP
My GF, Kattriona, is having trouble registering a new account on the server. It says that there already exists an account on the same e-mail or IP. We tried with several computers and e-mail adresses with no luck. Discussed issues with GM who tried to help us, (s)he found no account registered on her e-mail, and we came up with an idea that I should post a thread here.

Help?
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
Are these several different computers in the same house? Two or more computers can be hooked up in the same household and share the same internet which means same IP. Now if you tried a computer in a house that is far away from yours and has a another IP (You can check at whatsmyIP.org) and you confirm they are different, but the server is saying they are the same, this may not be a problem with her IP rather than the server website experiencing an issue.
If it a laptop she tried to sign up at your place with first, then went back to her place and tried there, the website signup may be confused to which internet IP the laptop has and think that it is still the same. Again, you said you tried on different pcs, so this may not be the case.
If all else fails and she cannot signup with that IP address, she may have to change it. You can learn about that.. here. Just tell her to follow the instructions and hopefully that will help with the problem.
If -that- doesn't work, maybe Kretol can work around the system and allow her to be able to signup using some website admin powers by seeing who else has the same IP as hers and remove it from the list somehow.

~ Also!! Forgot to mention!! There is a second thread on the technical support forums with Technomancer having a similar problem! It may very well be a server bug that is returning the wrong error message back to her. You'll want to check with Kretol on that.
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
They are not in the same house. We're 16, and haven't moved together "yet". Our houses were about 200-300 metres away.
Yes, we tried different computers and laptops. She tends to use my old lapdows when she visits me.
Changing IPs sounds hard. Her own computer has had trouble with this and that, and she just got it back from repair. We won't try to change the IP.
I read the other thread where Kretol said he implemented the IP system recently and that it's giving the wrong message. I read this thread, but I made another one instead of replying to that thread in case my issue was different.

I came up with a solution.

Code:
/macro
/me creates a new macro:
/target Kretol
/cheer
/me clicks the macro's button.

Also, thanks for the reply. I love that someone tries to help. Just simply love it. Around as much as I love my hat.
Spoiler:
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
Did you perhaps log in to your account with the IP she's been using?
I logged on her router today, but not with her computer. Used my macbook as usual.
Spoiler:
Well, Kret's fixed it, or you've talked to him about it and he's gonna fix it, so I guess it's all good.
If Katt will respond to this thread, I will send a PM with a temporary password.
I'll check with her as soon as I get in contact with her again. Just expect a few typos from her. (Her intro got some info about that.)
Spoiler:
Hi I'm Katt^^
I'm the one who need's help with creating my account.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server Account Trouble willie5252 3 991 08-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Last Post: willie5252
  Connection Issues? Ironhide 7 1,587 07-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Shanura
  Technical Issues VoxServetium 13 2,986 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Last Post: VoxServetium
  Cannot create server account Nightside 12 1,921 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Nightside
  Account Account issues. Wildleaf 3 1,130 02-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Kretol