The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A break before I break (11-23-11 update)
Don't panic, I'm not disappearing altogether. I just received responsibility as a Trial GM and dammit, I intend to pull through. I just need a little space.

Long story short, real life is pounding onto me once again. On the dad's side of the family, we are preparing for a party for people we don't even like, and to add to our frustration, we're focusing on turning the house inside out to clean everything up. On mom's side, the foster care business is going through vendorization and licensing, meaning the only person with competent English and Microsoft Word skills (me) will be given piles and piles of paperwork to finish. In addition to THAT, midterms at the university is coming up, and I got psychology papers plus research projects to devote myself to. Woopty freakin' do.

And guess what, my life will be getting even busier...in a -good- way. For the first time in my four years of job hunting, I finally got further than a freakin interview in which I feel I have finally secured myself a goddamn job. Because of my lifelong experiences with special needs children and tutoring people with poor English skills, I'll be working as a tutor for school aged children pooosssibly district wide. I don't have a set location yet, nor do I know where exactly I'll be working and for how many hours a week, but I'm in the testing and training stage of the tutor job. I can fairly say, yes, I will be working soon.

Nevertheless, this has been affecting my overall health, even with good things finally coming to my otherwise relatively miserable life. Stress-induced depression is setting in, inhibiting my creativity once again, plus I'm finding myself falling asleep as early as 7 PM, completely missing dinner and any other family responsibility that usually eats up my time until 10-11 PM (the start of my consistent RP schedule). To add to that, it's allergy season! In short, I'm finding myself struggling to get more sleep while I deal with overall stress and sickness.

Because of all this, I'll be taking an RP break before I encounter another mental breakdown.

I don't know how long this'll take; this could be just a few days, or a few weeks. At most, I'll set myself at two weeks, as this would be a long enough time to recover sleep, work on paperwork, prepare for the party and then recover from that party, and focus on my mental and physical health. During that time, I'll continue forum and trial GM duties, but when you see me in-game, I'll be sitting my butt (most likely on Kapre) in OOCC to talk to certain individuals. I will refrain from RP, as I am too creatively dry to get into character (which should explain why the likes of Mana'Gal and Urameil are just lazing about ICly when typically I am a far more active RPer).

TL;DR. The short of it all, I will be taking an RP break at between a few days to two weeks at the most to focus on real life issues and health. During the meantime, when you see me online in COTH in any way, I am/will be doing the following:

1.) Trial GM duties
2.) TLE discussions (and possibly some matchmaking, but no profiling or RPing)
3.) Assorted in-character stuff (the Dear Boss Letters, maybe my Bollywood Draenei project)

As for what my characters are doing, assume everyone's gone home to rest. Well, everyone except Urameil. Damn you, Urameil.

That is all. Hugs and kisses, my beloved darlings. I'll be RPing again eventually.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuetc...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneoneone

*cough* :( *cough*

I'll miss you, immy. Get back soon, but have fun meanwhile! Hug
Goodness, that is certainly quite a lot on your plate Immy! *hug* You focus on sorting everything out. RP will be here when you return for it.
Characters
------------
Spoiler:
Mika Mistwalker
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." ~James Baldwin

Miruka Moonshroud
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Belaria Arrowthorn
"Few love to hear the sins they love to act." ~William Shakespeare

Sylir Manasworn
"Everything is perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it." ~Wayne Dyer

Nana'li Flametongue
"There is only one passion, the passion for happiness." ~Denis Diderot

Calanon Sunfeather
"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor." ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Amabael of the Frozen Wind
"Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last." ~Samuel Johnson

Nia Sunstone
"Duty cannot exist without faith." ~Benjamin Disraeli

Arilyn Shadewhisper
"Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death." ~Jean Jacques Rousseau

Gwyneira Porter
"Death is the veil which those who live call life; They sleep, and it is lifted." ~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Ishani
"Peace if possible, but truth at any rate." ~Martin Luther

Azure Palenix
"I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic's heart." ~William Butler Yeats
Aaaaw. Cra...<Blenda Clean has hidden the content of this message because it is too vulgar that it'd make sailors shout What?>. Oh well, have fun in teh reel lifes.
Take your time! Sounds like you definitely need it.
Take it easy!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Just an update. Yes, I'm back from my RP break, but I'm at the stage in work where I will be receiving training before I actually get to work. The locations proposed to me for tutoring are all a bit of a distant drive within the inner cities of Los Angeles county. That wouldn't mean much to anyone who isn't Californian, but essentially, expect me to get tired and stressed often. Very often.

I'm still running The Love Exchange, plus I have two big events I am planning for, one for TLE (if collaboration is possible with a certain someone) and another I will not implement until I'm done with the Dear Boss Letters. Hopefully I'll find time to put this into work without overworking myself.

But yes--for those who don't know, I'm back. Mwah <3
YAAAAAY!
IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY~
*tacklehug*
Work's started, and right now my schedule, while set, is otherwise fairly hectic. Apparently, I'm the only tutor assigned to the district I'm assigned to, meaning I get to tutor all the kids who signed up there. This is a good thing (I get paid handsomely by set hours depending on the child)... but it's still rather crazy, not to mention sudden.

I'm going to be hosting two events soon, one for "The 'Dear Boss' Letters", another for "When Love Turns to Hate". Otherwise, don't expect my activity to be high for the first couple of weeks of work. I happen to be one of those people who gets exhausted very easily when given a new regular task, but as time goes, I can mentally adjust. I'll get back to RPing regularly eventually, and by then, I'll have dates and other events up and running.

This is just an announcement for really lowered in-game activity. If you see me on, it's to check on mail and messages or to RP for "The Dear Boss Letters", which I REALLY want to finish ever since the restart. Otherwise, I'm fairly busy. If anything else is needed, especially for TLE, hit me up with a PM and I'll try to get it done ASAP.
WELP, consider my RP availability to be non-existent for the next few days/weeks. For the following reasons:

1.) I'm sick as fooks. Not the flu, mind you, but it might as well be...though it shouldn't since I got a flu shot. I happen to be one of those people whose RP ability is creativity-based, and if I'm sick and braindead, consider my characters sick and braindead. I can appear in-game, but most likely I'll either be lurking or doing GM-y things. And by extension...

1a.) I would not be able to do anything for TLE. Literally. I can't concentrate on profile organization or matchmaking. The past few days, I've been organizing files on my free time so I can set up dates, but since I started working and now I have the flu, that has been hindered. I'll get around to it, but expect more delays. If you see me in-game as Kapre, quite frankly, the last thing I wanna do is anything for TLE for the moment. You know how some lovers/spouses/boy/girlfriends get super cranky and moody while sick? The same applies for matchmakers. Being lovey-dovey tends to be low on our priority list when you're sick and stressed.

2.) Thanksgiving weekend. Yep. Even though I'm sick, I'm still expected to help make preparations. Thankfully I'm restricted to tasks where boiling and frying is involved so whatever germs I have will be killed. But still. Oh, god, it's gonna be hell, especially since we'll be hosting a party at the same house I was doing so much cleaning for the last party we had. And then we're gonna do a Christmas party preparation soon after, even though we don't celebrate Christmas (no, we're not Jewish).

3.) Final exam season is creeping up sooner than I was keeping track of. I have two-three weeks until the actual exams will begin, and I still have one psychology paper to finish that I haven't even started on. And this one is -huge-.

4.) Work. I have more and more students added to me, seeing how I am one of if not the only tutor in my district. This is wonderful because I get more hours (meaning a fatter paycheck), but it also makes me very, very tired come RP time. Thankfully, though, my schedule is starting to normalize, and my RP-ability isn't affected too much. However, the above 3(1/2) do affect my work by far--I haven't been working for 3 weeks and I'm already calling in sick. Not a good thing. By the time I recover, I'll have to catch up on my hours, affecting my RP.

Yes, I have a lot on my plate, and after having my RP break not long ago I am in desperate need for another. I guess it just goes hand-in-hand in the holidays, especially when you have a high-demand family. Gah. I can't wait to move out and live on my own.

As for how long I'll be gone, well, I honestly don't know. I'm still around to come in-game, but I can't be bothered to do more than get out of OOCC or sit on my bum in a tavern and stay quiet. Also, there is no promise that I will be available by the time final exams are over: my family plans to go to the Philippines but I am unsure if I am going or not (most likely not because I may still be working by the time they leave). If I do stay here in the US by the end of exams, I'll be refreshed and happy by around 1-3 weeks (depending if I finished the psych paper early or not, which is my biggest time-consuming priority). If not? Don't expect me back until early-mid January.
Hope your head doesn't explode by the end of it all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Break Time Harmonic 6 1,485 10-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Takin a semi break. Kage 2 882 09-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Ural
  I need a break Noble 7 1,495 10-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Ormica
  Everyone relax, it's just a short break! CappnRob 5 1,124 10-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Last Post: McKnighter
  Taking a break Xigo 11 1,561 09-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Last Post: Rowgen