The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Taking the Bull by the Horns
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've been playing World of Warcraft for about five or six years now, taking part in Warcraft oriented RP for somewhere in the ballpark of four or five of those years. I started with simple roots as far as RP is concerned, making backgrounds for my characters on PvP realms, finding my way over to WoWWiki, and thus into the world of Roleplay. I managed to get some of my first (ridiculously marysue might I add!) WoW RP characters into a few RP threads at the World's End Tavern, but it was scattered. Unorganized. Rude.

In essence, it was what you could expect from the World of Warcraft Official Forums.

I ended up moving on to a forum called A Writer's Recluse after seeing an advert for their forum, where my RP quality finally managed to go from terrible to decent. I made some amazing friends there that I have, regretfully, not spoken to in quite some time. In any case, after about a year or two more of forum RP and the occasional alt on an RP server * *shudder* ) I decided to take my chances with a private server. I hopped around quite a bit, from Esterus to Epilogue. As Epilogue died, myself partaking in the alpha and beta testing, I ended up moving on with them to Newpage as a GM. I decided that the direction they were going with it wasn't for me, and as such, left.

I opted to jump around other servers, and went back to a few that I frequented for a time where I essentially used WoW as a chatbox to hang out with old friends... The itch to get my RP life back and kicking however, has decided to place itself just out of reach. I'm hoping that you (CotH that is!) can act as my back scratcher, to try and finally reach that elusive itch that I can't get to on my own.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

America, but funnily enough some might say I speak British English instead of American English because I like to spell colour the right way.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

During fifth grade (Man, I can't believe it was that long ago) I was super excited about my level seventy character in Runescape. At my school, that was a big deal, and wasting countless hours listening to their computer generated music and watching java-run pixels run across my screen, I managed to not only work my way into the upper echelons of the nerdy groups, but I even got respect for it from the jocks. At least, what a fifth grader can consider jocks.

Fate decided to completely throw me off track however, with the advent of World of Warcraft. My best friend decided to scoff in the face of Runescape, and pull out World of Warcraft while I was over at his house one day, and I was absolutely amazed by it. It was nothing I'd ever seen before. It was like Runescape meets a console game, and I never looked back (That's a lie, I went and tried to play runescape again last year some time and they totally ruined it).

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I've heard good things about the server from multiple people across the internet.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

'Traditional' Horde RP is my forte, be it Orcs, Trolls, or Tauren, but not in the 'traditional' sense as most take it. I've never really seen the appeal in playing the stereotype of a race. That's not to say I don't play by the general framework, rather, the stereotype for Orcs is that they're all mindless grunts that only exist to maim, kill, and destroy. I think it's out duty as roleplayers to toss those misconceptions aside, and actually put depth into a race that deserves to be played to the best of it's ability. Similarly, not all Tauren are passive giants that wouldn't hurt a fly. There are plenty that, through years of war with the Centaur, and now Alliance, Scourge, and Legion, that completely understand that there is a time and a place (When to elephants fight, it is the grass that gets trampled) for the inevitable violence to come. It's their duty to make sure that those battles that will happen regardless, have as little impact on the natural world as possible.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

It's a toss up between Tauren and Orc Warrior, mainly because as I said above, breaking 'boundaries' that seem to be in place on these races in particular, based on ill informed stereotypes is a rather invigorating feeling. When I know that someone has finished an RP with me and taken a completely different perspective on the race I played as a whole, then I know that I've made an impact not only on my own RP skill levels and abilities, but their own ideas. Who knows, maybe they'll decide to break the trend at some point too.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To act as a medium for my Warcraft RP cravings.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Introductions!

It's a wonderful concept, one that if taken seriously enough, could really determine the quality of an entire server. I'm not completely sure why more private servers don't do it, but it really is a great tool.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I'd like to wait until my grunt submission to write the story.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Are there currently any groups or organizations that cater toward Orc RP that aren't one-hundred percent centered on constant warfare? If there aren't, then I'd like to ask a similar if not completely opposite question.

Are there currently any groups or organizations that cater toward Tauren RP that aren't one-hundred percent centered on constant peacemaking?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from grammar to races or even classes!

And to answer your questions...

Are there currently any groups or organizations that cater toward Orc RP that aren't one-hundred percent centered on constant warfare? If there aren't, then I'd like to ask a similar if not completely opposite question.

There are a few guilds that are more orc aligned, one that comes to mind is Championmouse's The Goresight Vanguard. It is a pretty active guild, if you are looking for something of that sort.

Are there currently any groups or organizations that cater toward Tauren RP that aren't one-hundred percent centered on constant peacemaking?

While I am not aware of any guild that is active and mostly Tauren, there is nothing stopping you from creating that. I can assure you many players would appreciate it.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction! -Cue the horns- malcomshot 1 527 07-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin