The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Returning Player with some character questions
Hey, just got back into WoW, and have not played on CotH since 2008. I completely forgot what my old characters were, and decided that I'd just start over completely. An idea I'd had was to play a crazy, "out-there" character who really has untold power, but is completely incapable of harnessing it due to his craziness.

So, a question on which race would make the most sense:
A Troll who messed with voodoo a little bit too much
A Draenei whose head was hit hard in the crash
A Forsaken who didn't revive with quite all of his brains intact

Any tips or suggestions on playing this character? I realize I will have to walk a fine line between random bouts of craziness and obnoxiously interrupting other's roleplaying.

Also, is the server more crowded now than in 2008?
Maz'Gur - Everyone's favorite pyromaniac insane troll, unless you have a different favorite
We're decently popular now, have 50+ players during the server's high times.

... And... having 'untold power' isn't something that would fly here. Regardless, you can technically play all three of those? It's just you're as powerful as everyone else.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I wasn't actually here in 2008, so I can't answer that last question... Though we do have between 30-50 people online during the peak hours.

And, what do you mean by "untold power [...] completely incapable of harnessing it due to his craziness"? From what I understand (I might be very wrong; that has happened before), most "magical" abilities don't really happen on accident. Arcane is something you study in order to learn how to harness the Arcane energies around you. Without the conscious knowledge, you wouldn't be able to harness anything at all. (Your body is more of a conduit to channel and direct the Arcane energies, so they are not naturally a part of you to the degree that you have enough energy with you naturally to cast spells. At least, that's how I interpret it.)

How would the Troll be affected by messing with the "voodoo" too much, and which OOC class would be representing what becomes of him afterwards?

The Draenei idea... Well, I don't think Arcane is something you'll be able to use unless you possess the sufficient knowledge. It's generally not something that happens by accident, as far as I know. And Priest spells are faith-based, just like Paladins. So they won't really go away unless your faith does. Same goes for the classes represented with the Forsaken. If the knowledge isn't there, the ability generally isn't either. Then again, they say that Arcane came very naturally to the Draenei back when they lived on Argus, so I don't know just how much they were required to study or if it came to them anyway. I don't think it works like that anymore for them, but... I don't know.

I'm not completely sure how it can be pulled through with, considering how things work.

All in all, I can't offer any reasonable advice. But I hope what I did offer is food for thought.
OP, if you can explain why you want to play such a character, then perhaps we could provide an acceptable alternative that suits your interests.
Well, I would absolutely love to play a crazy character, and and off-the-wall wizard (yes, kind of a fantasy stereotype) was the first thing that came to mind. And by "untold power", I really meant something along the lines of "a talented, not-below-average mage" to provide the contrast between a character who is very good in combat, and one who is absolutely helpless. Mainly, I want to play crazy however it would make the most sense.
Maz'Gur - Everyone's favorite pyromaniac insane troll, unless you have a different favorite

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [CotH-aluation] Player/Staff Communications Loxmardin 8 2,695 02-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan