The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dareksar/Red Vanguard!
So, if you have played with any of my characters (Kotorr, Lentoran, etc.), please do tell me how do I do!

But thats not the important thing. The more important part of this thread shall be the feed back on Red Vanguard. I want to know ways to improve our events! We have currently had only one open event, but thats enough to tell about our level. I have already got complaints about the length of the events, aswell as the lack of mobs to kill.
It is true, yes. The event was very well made, it is true, but the amount of people made it took four hours, even with some double emoting in the fights. And besides that, the easy kill mobs that we were supposed to right-click on were pretty much useless, as not all players were there to take care of them. And the ones we did roleplay defeating were repetitive. Ghouls and abominations are not the only scourge troops, nor the scariest.

That is all, I think.
I liked it, though.
(11-03-2011, 06:21 AM)13kira13 Wrote: It is true, yes. The event was very well made, it is true, but the amount of people made it took four hours, even with some double emoting in the fights. And besides that, the easy kill mobs that we were supposed to right-click on were pretty much useless, as not all players were there to take care of them. And the ones we did roleplay defeating were repetitive. Ghouls and abominations are not the only scourge troops, nor the scariest.

That is all, I think.
I liked it, though.

A short list of things we could improve:

1. Balance special abilities and mounted combat.
  2. Focus more on RPing the fights, and trust the non-boss fights.
  3. More and better NPCs.
  4. Fewer participants/shorter roll order.
  5. Cut unnecessary wandering.

1. We could still need to improve these systems, as they proved to be a bit unbalanced.

2. Poor rolls made ordinary ghouls seem unkillable.

3. We should try to have more ghouls, to make it seem like a true invasion. Doesn't make sense to have 15 soldiers fight three ghouls.

4. Either restrict the events to the two guilds, RV and HoS, for the time being, or have more players roll at once. This supports my third point.

5. We'd save considerable amounts of time by just going straight in for the main building of the fort. In this scenario, it would be more of a recapture of the fort.

I think these five changes can easily shorten down the event, while keeping the most important aspects and the most exciting bits intact.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]