The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Questions: Multiple accounts and Wiki edits
Greetings,

As indicated by the title, I have some questions regarding two topics: Multiple accounts and edits on the Wiki.

Regarding Multiple Accounts:

I have seen and heard about people who send requests to Kretol asking for a second account, though this is still shrouded by some mystery when it comes down to me.

First off... Can anyone ask for an extra account, or do you have to fill any sort of special requirements?

Second, when can you ask for a second account? Do you need to fill another account previously? If yes, do all the characters need to be approved?

Finally, can you move characters across accounts freely (there's a "Move Character" feature, apparently)?

As for Wiki Edits:

I've seen a thread indicating what you can edit, but it's rather old and it does not include format edits (what I want to change the most, basically). As such, I ask... what can we edit in our characters' pages? What edits need a GM's approval?

And, might as well throw a miscellaneous question to avoid more topics...
Are the dailies for IC currency working? I can't find the herbs the quest asks for anywhere, but then again, it might be due to my poor eyesight. ^^;

That's it for now. Thanks a lot for your time,
ghaskan.
Hello!

As for your first question, anyone can ask for a second account as long as they're 'Grunts'. Just upload a ticket in-game asking for a second account and Kretol will mail you the info for it.

You can move characters freely from one account to another, as there is a character transfer tool. To get to it simply look up to the 'Main Menu' section on the top left of the page, go to 'Components' and scroll down until you find a 'Character Transfer' picture. Click it and a window will pop up with things you need to fill in for transfer. (Account name, password, name of character, etc.)

As for your second question, from what I know, any edit in the wiki requires GM approval before changing anything.
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
I am able to answer the one about multiple accounts. Just make a ticket in-game, asking for a new account. He will create one, and it'll be your current username with a number on the end. (2 if it's your first time asking for a new account). He will also send you the password in-game. You can change the password in-game.

Source: Asked Kretol when I was noob.

What I forgot to add because I wanted to be FIIIIIIRST: ... Well, you also have to be a grunt.
* Ebenezer is still noob, appearently.
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
You can move characters freely. Useful for when you need to be on certain alts simultaneously. Your add-ons' cache (Elephant and icon positions) won't carry over, however, so it's better to move them back when you're done.

As far as I know, you're allowed to make minor changes to a profile such as hair colour, nicknames, etc., but not to anything that you could feasibly be doing to worm out of the approval process, like giving a night elf red eyes, or claiming they're the daughter of Tyrande, for instance.

This means you can also change the format of your profiles at your discretion, because it doesn't change anything significant (and I wish more people would, if only so I didn't have to). You can add images, colour, and rearrange things to your heart's content.

I don't do dailies. Ask me one on sport!
The plants you need to find for the IC Currency daily grow at the base of trees.
Just run up to a tree and see if it has a briarthorn looking thing. They also have the golden sparks.
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi
First off, thanks to all who replied. Saying this here so I don't become repetitive, but the feeling is towards everyone. :)

(11-11-2011, 06:30 AM)Adam255 Wrote: Hello!

As for your first question, anyone can ask for a second account as long as they're 'Grunts'. Just upload a ticket in-game asking for a second account and Kretol will mail you the info for it.

You can move characters freely from one account to another, as there is a character transfer tool. To get to it simply look up to the 'Main Menu' section on the top left of the page, go to 'Components' and scroll down until you find a 'Character Transfer' picture. Click it and a window will pop up with things you need to fill in for transfer. (Account name, password, name of character, etc.)

As for your second question, from what I know, any edit in the wiki requires GM approval before changing anything.

(11-11-2011, 06:32 AM)Ebenezer Wrote: I am able to answer the one about multiple accounts. Just make a ticket in-game, asking for a new account. He will create one, and it'll be your current username with a number on the end. (2 if it's your first time asking for a new account). He will also send you the password in-game. You can change the password in-game.

Source: Asked Kretol when I was noob.

What I forgot to add because I wanted to be FIIIIIIRST: ... Well, you also have to be a grunt.
* Ebenezer is still noob, appearently.

(11-11-2011, 07:02 AM)Delta Wrote: You can move characters freely. Useful for when you need to be on certain alts simultaneously. Your add-ons' cache (Elephant and icon positions) won't carry over, however, so it's better to move them back when you're done.

Awesome, seems easy enough and I fulfill the requirement. Being on two characters at the same time could prove to be useful...

(11-11-2011, 07:02 AM)Delta Wrote: As far as I know, you're allowed to make minor changes to a profile such as hair colour, nicknames, etc., but not to anything that you could feasibly be doing to worm out of the approval process, like giving a night elf red eyes, or claiming they're the daughter of Tyrande, for instance.

This means you can also change the format of your profiles at your discretion, because it doesn't change anything significant (and I wish more people would, if only so I didn't have to). You can add images, colour, and rearrange things to your heart's content.

I don't do dailies. Ask me one on sport!

Great, time to pick some pictures and use my lackluster Wikicode knowledge to make my character profiles a little prettier. If I ever want to change content, I think I'll go the safe route and contact a GM, then.

I would ask questions on sport, if I knew enough about it myself. :P

(11-11-2011, 09:44 AM)Majyk Wrote: The plants you need to find for the IC Currency daily grow at the base of trees.
Just run up to a tree and see if it has a briarthorn looking thing. They also have the golden sparks.

Derp. I really need a new pair of glasses, heh. I'll check that place once I can get ingame and then I'll report back my progress!

Mmm, I got another question. When multiboxing, do you need two client folders, or just two accounts?

You don't need another WoW folder. Just load up a second WoW.exe and log into different accounts.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
(11-12-2011, 03:52 AM)Hawk Wrote: You don't need another WoW folder. Just load up a second WoW.exe and log into different accounts.

Awesome, thanks!

Also, finally found the herbs for the IC Currency daily quests. Huzzah! This case...topic may rest in peace now.
I highly recommend you get Herbalism if you wish to do the IC Currenly dailies often. You can get up to three professions in this server if you already took up two.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Don't forget the currency quest is a weekly. Eventually I intend to add an alternative quest or two (so you can choose which to do for the week), but only one will be possible per week.

(Posted from teh phonez)
(11-13-2011, 07:47 AM)imagenashyun Wrote: I highly recommend you get Herbalism if you wish to do the IC Currenly dailies often. You can get up to three professions in this server if you already took up two.

Sounds like a fair trade, but I kinda went overboard with crafting professions on my main. :P Might take the advice on characters who won't use all 3 profession slots for anything else.

(11-13-2011, 11:16 AM)Kretol Wrote: Don't forget the currency quest is a weekly. Eventually I intend to add an alternative quest or two (so you can choose which to do for the week), but only one will be possible per week.

(Posted from teh phonez)

Oh, so that explains why I hasn't seeing it, thanks Kretol! Alternative quests would be good, the current one isn't hard but maybe different class/profession combos could benefit from different objectives, I assume.

(Sorry for late reply)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Was skulking around the wiki, this is what I found... Nymus 2 1,176 12-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Updating the Wiki Diethe 3 1,199 09-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn