The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Greetings from Imzala.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
The first two things that come to mind are that I almost always play good/light/pure/alliance (etc, depending on game) and almost never good - though I have been known to play a blood elf once in a blue moon. I'm what I would consider an intermediate player right now. I used to be much more adept however I have been away from warcraft for some time due to not having a working pc, and therefore I've lost some of my skill but not all.

Personally, I am a 29 year old female from Nova Scotia, Canada. I have alot of medical stuff going on, and frankly gaming helps to keep my mind off of it(including written RP). When I can immerse myself, it is an excellent distraction. This also means I am not working right now, and can be here quite often. With this though, it means occasionally I will be in the hospital for a couple of days and you won't see me online (*collective gasp*). ;)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Canada, and English. I can READ Spanish very, very very very slowly in SOME cases.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Frankly I don't remember. I love fantasy, and if I remember correctly it was because an ex played warcraft 3, and I thought it was really neat and thought the idea of an MMO was amazing. It was many moons ago.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
The other private servers, pardon me but - they are cluttered, boring, glitched, full of immature people who do nothing but camp others all day, etc. So far, this looks and has been reccomended as a really smooth, clean server and lots of imaginative people looking to create a storyline together.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Right now, the only kind I have done is Email/Forum based - but typically sci fi or fantasy. I am also working on a fantasy novel right now.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I am partial to Draenai, because I feel like they are sort of ethereal yet tough. I also like to play good looking characters. You will almost never see me playing a Tauren or an Orc - too stinky! I have played Blood Elf, Human, and Night Elf however. Classwise, I usually stick with Mage or Rogue - I like to hit hard from a distance and kill them before they even get close(and then laugh).

What are your expectations of this server?:

Just a fun place to play, with an immersive world where I can play with imaginative people. There are so many possibilities within the WoW universe for RP, yet I haven't been able to find a home where I can enjoy this.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I seriously sighed a breath of relief when I saw "Maturity." I am so soooo tired of kids harassing me and cursing at me for shock value and camping corpses on other servers. I am not a child even though I game, and though I don't mind playing with children specifically, I am looking for a more mature approach to the game. Don't get me wrong - I'm sarcastic and have a huge sense of humor - but after the seventh your mama joke, even I don't get amused.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I have a great piece of writing to share with you. It's frankly not an RP piece but it illustrates quite well the graphic and vivid style of writing I use.

The still of morning, gently everything is waking. The air has a damp chill to it, the kind of air you only get on a springtime breeze.

I look out over my two bedroom settlement window to the still harbour. Lights still twinkle like disco stars in the dawn light. A single graceful crow flies over the building, I hear his feathers - Flap. Flap... The gentle woosh is peaceful.

The sky criss crosses in a herringbone maze with clouds this morning. On the horizon, above the bank of sleepy houses and brightly twinkling lights, the horizon is stained a pale peach and rose, much like the skin of a delicate female. Subtle purple streaks of clouds dress the horizon as if readying for a celebration. The trees are still, there is no movement.

Several lazy ducks float slowly by on the glassy morning pond, heads tucked safely into their wings, waiting for warmer temperatures. Minute by minute, the horizon lightens as the new day approaches.

Towers shine their lights on the hill across, matching the pink of the sky with their ruby red. The black silhouette of a cat dashes through the yet dewy grass. I hear crows cawing, waking each other for the new day.

I yawn, and I stretch, and I think what a great time to be allive, on the turn of a new day. Endless opportunities await after sleep claims me for a few hours, hopefully.

Such peace in the morning, peace unlike sunset, when everyone is scrambling to get together and force the ruse of relaxation with their choice of weapon. I choose the weapon of silence and word on this morning.

Lightening now, above the rose coloured sky is a streak of pale yellow, and I wonder, why is it that the sky lightens from the top down like that? I only wonder for a moment, until I realize that I don't care to know the answer. The gentle morning is magic and I prefer to leave it that way.

I hear the low hum of the city, not quite of cars, or buildings, but almost a reverbation of the multitude of life that this city has. Another crow now, probably going to meet its mate for morning wigglies.

Some of the lights are powering down, and there is a brighter, yet beautful swash of red streaking from the sky. It is a cloud which looks like the stairway to heaven, tinged with a golden edge, warm and inviting.

I again stretch, shiver, and reach over to close the window while smiling.

Like the city lights which guide us each evening, it is also my time to sleep. Like a guardian of the night, my job here is done. I can close my eyes, it is safe, the light will protect us. A furry grey mass jumps onto the bed infront of me, swashing a fat puffy tail in front of me, and then settling down. For the cat, it is time for her to rest as well. I wonder if perhaps my survival skills are more in tune with the world than those who sleep days. Perhaps, I wish it were true. Perhaps it is true.

Brighter yet the sky creeps in, and I begin to hear distant noises of deisel engines powering down on the highway. I imagine for a moment being the driver, on a long haul job. Just getting into the city, having driven all night.

He is with the ranks of those who sleep through the daylight as well. Modern day vampires who drink not of blood but of the darkness of night. Those who deliver best when not touched by sunlight. In simpler terms, just not a day person..

I wish I could relay a better picture of the mornings here. Of the sky, of the feeling that we are nothing more than a little fishing town, and a feelling that we are large and sprawling with industry at the same time. It is strange to me, yet comforting that we are uncomfortable in either role. I am unsure I would want it to be either way.

Sleep, peaceful night, and when we awake we will stand as warriors of the dark together. Fetching Moon shall come out to play, and Dashing Sun will have his set.

Now, i fold myself into the blankets, wrapping them around me closely. The cat purrs, and I softly stroke her, wishing for dreams to come. I see the sun peeking out of the bright slash of orange and I know my time has come.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Just that if you need more RP focused writing, I am on three ships, two of them active, as a RPer on www.star-fleet.com. I'd rather not reveal my character names here, but If anyone who is admin would like to take a read, I can share that in private. Thanks for having me. *bow*
First of all, my sincerest apologies for the (somewhat) long wait. Usually the team gets to these in a day or so but it seem alot of people are on somewhat of a hiatus. But in spite of that...

Welcome Artemissa!

If you haven't done so yet, please head on over to the Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and maybe even read a few of the approved character profiles while you're there!

If you have any questions, do no hesistate to ask them on the forums or simply send a PM to me, other forum helpers or the GM team!

I hope you will enjoy your time here on the server!

“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa