The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Dark Detour
As the day of Torr's doom drew near, Aryeon set out for the Eastern Kingdoms to see what other aide he could find before time ran out. As he trekked his way back to Booty Bay to board the next ship back to Kalimdor, he sensed a great, powerful evil off in the canyons of Deadwind Pass. Suspecting the worse, he set out to investigate, and came across an evil that dare be as powerful as that of Torr's...

WARNING: The following RP log contains vast amounts of hammy theatrics, over the top special effects, and lots and lots of villain-hero speeches. People known to be boring sticks in the mud or are allergic to fun or cool things are advised to loosen up a little bit and enjoy the log anyway :D

Spoiler:
Sangreala huffed slowly, chanting softly to herself in a language that would be most foul to the mortal ear. Around her is a glowing runic circle, fading softly with her words, in and out. She would be a easily noticealbe presence to any Sin'dorei.
Aryeon comes walking from behind the cliff walls, through the pass. His breath fogged from his mouth as he squinted his eyes. He knew the evil presense he felt was here.
Aryeon stares Sangreala down.
Aryeon makes his way up the hillside cautiously.
Sangreala suddenly stopped everything. Her closed eyes snapped open as the darkened orbs glinted gently in the dark of night. She turned her head to Aryeon, a shudder running down her spine. "How... Facsinating." The circle persists though.
[Aryeon]: ... demon. I knew there was an evil here that was not befitting the rest of this dire place.
[Sangreala]: Sin'dorei. It's funny how your kind is always drawn to me like a moth to a flame... And yet, they are surprised when they get burned.
[Aryeon]: I am drawn to you for entirely different reasons.
Sangreala simply unfurled a menacing smile. Her lips cracking gently at the action as she smiles coldly. "Is that so? And what could -you- do, puny mortal?"
[Aryeon]: I was making my way down to the Vale to get the fastest ship back to Kalimdor. Instead, I pick up the most sickening taint I have felt in centuries.
[Aryeon]: And what can I do? I can erase your vile stain from this world.
[Sangreala]: Funny. You Elves were so close... So close to seeing -true- power... And yet, you turn your back away from it to that which abused you. Funny creatures, you mortals are.
[Aryeon]: True power is not for us to wield.
Sangreala laughs gently, almost iconically. Slowly, her tongue takes the sound of Thalassian. "<Ah, but by the Light of the sun how foolish you were! Denying the master's gift like such! Like sheeps this Light of yours herd you to the slaughter!>"
[Aryeon]: It comes at too dire a cost. For what purpose does it serve, if it turns us all into abominations like you?
[Aryeon]: The Light will pierce through your darkest magics, wretch.
[Sangreala]: Abomination? Oh my dear, such hard language you use to a creature such of my stature. You are an insolent little whelp, as the rest of your kin. Your pathetic excuse of a god will not save you when my claws grasp at your heart and -tear- it out.
[Aryeon]: Any who fell to you before me, fell because they were fools. Not because of the Light.
[Aryeon]: Then tear out my heart, wretch! It is but flesh and blood! Weak and soft!
[Aryeon]: It will not be my flesh that defeats you.
Sangreala laughs softly. "My defeat shall never occur! I am immortal, you fool! You have no idea what you deal with, do you?!" She spread her wings, her voice shifting to a roaring growl. "The might of the Legion knows no boundries! And you are but a maggot---
Sangreala | our heel! Observer the fallen worlds and tremble before me!" She hissed in delight to the theatrics. In that motion, she tried to cast fear at the high-priest to cause images of the ravaged worlds, during the ravaging, to flood at his mind.
Aryeon whips out his staff from underneath his draping cape, and holds it forward at the demon, bracing himself into the ground as Holy energy protects him from the seeping madness!
Sangreala hisses slowly, eyeing him. "You believe your light can protect you here? Oh no, priest... You have delved far too deep within the shadows to emerge. And behold as they consume you in eternal agony." She attempted to cast a curse of agony upon him.
[Aryeon]: Knows... no... boundaries... and that, is why! You will all fail! With no boundaries, you know not your limits! Without limits, you can not adequetely anticipate your undoing!
Aryeon extends his staff outward and redirects the curse into the ground, burning away at the already dead plantlife at his feet, his brow furrowed and his voice straining.
Sangreala growled in anger. "A wisened foe, perhaps? Let us see what that of Azeroth can weild against my might!" She moves her hand towards him as suddenly the ground beneath him would explode beneath him in a harsh hit of shadows, not only damaging but both---
Sangreala | stunning at impact in attempt.
Aryeon falls back from the blast, stumbling down the hill for a moment as the momentum of the attack slams him down.
[Aryeon]: Arghh!
Aryeon kneels down.
Sangreala huffs gently, a bit of blackened sweat dripping from her forehead. Even to her being this would be a hard sustain.
[Sangreala]: Blasted... Cretin! You are nothing! An ant beneath my heel!
[Aryeon]: And you but a faceless curr of the Legion! None shall remember your name!
Aryeon rises to his feet and shoots forward a barrage of holy pennace at Sangreala!
Sangreala hissed before a blood curling scream escaped at her lip. The Light seared brutally at her flesh, sending her smoking and cursing aloudly in Eredun. Soon after, she suddenly thrust both her hands forward to steal Aryeon's magical energy to fuel her own.
[Sangreala]: You will pay for that!
Aryeon grits his teeth as the energy saps at his own, straining to erect a barrier to deflect the attack off of him.
[Aryeon]: You'll... have... to do... better than that!
Sangreala soon took the energy, slowly balling it in her hands as it turned to a sickly ball of green flames. "As you wish!" Her lips parted in a maniacal smile as suddenly she hurled a bolt of utter woven chaos to strike at Areyon.
Aryeon yells out as his flesh is burned from the bolt, turning over as he loses his focus, the barrier dissipating.
[Aryeon]: Yargh!!!
Aryeon kneels down.
Sangreala growls heavily in effort, both in unholy rage. "Weak! Pathetic! This is what your race was and always will be! Addicts to that which they can not have! Even now, you bound with your addiction to the taste of my power!"
[Aryeon]: My people have fallen, yes... but they were once proud!
Aryeon stands to his feet and conjures holy fire in his hands.
[Aryeon]: And they will be proud again once more some day! Hyraaah!
Sangreala counters that with setting her own claws ablaze with green flames.
Aryeon blasts his energy towards Sangreala!
[Sangreala]: You were nothing! Pets to the human pigs until we took you in!
Sangreala hisses in wrath, blasting the energy to create a rather bright explosion to hold it off. "And you repay us with your pathetic betrayel! Worthless leeches!" Suddenly, tried casting a curse of immolation on the Elf.
[Aryeon]: We were never pets! Just too fool enough to never accept friends! And we will never be taken in by your kind!
Aryeon holds out his staff once again and chants holy power to deflect the evil fire away from him!
Sangreala tried to tap into Aryeon's life-force and leech to it so that she may heal her own wounds. "How does it taste to feel the same infliction you have brought to the Legion?! Vengance is sweet, as your demise shall be!"
[Aryeon]: There is no affliction that can not be cleansed!
Aryeon slams his staff into the ground and chants a powerful prayer, surrounding himself with blinding Light to recover his own wound!
Sangreala growled, the seared bits of her flesh slowly recovering. "You can not fight forever, Elf! Lay down your staff and accept death!" She sends a mere shadowbolt to attempt to strike him.
[Aryeon]: Ladies first, wretch!
Aryeon deflects the shadow bolt away with his staff and begins advancing on Sangreala, focusing more holy power in his hands.
Sangreala doesn't quite wait for him to draw upon her. Suddenly, with a might flap of her wings she sends herself in a form of a lunge near him, both of the wings suddenly sending a cone of purple flames towards him with a single flap. "I grow tiered of you!"
Aryeon bellows over as the cone sears at him, taking a moment to regain his composure.
[Aryeon]: Argghh!!
[Aryeon]: And I have long since been tired of you and all your ilk, and the misery you bring to my loved ones.
Sangreala slowly paused in actual interest... Her horrid smile returns as she slowly huffs. Her hair a bit loose, and slowly she tilted her head. "...Your loved ones? Pardon?" As if the fight never occured.
Aryeon stumbles back to his feet and squints his eyes at Sangreala, gripping his staff once more.
[Aryeon]: I've lost many to the Fel. Removing you from the world is but one small step to bringing justice to their souls.
Sangreala slowly squinted her eyes looking at him. Suddenly, a screeching cackle escaped her throat. "Why if the nether consume my essence... You look just like him! But no... It surly isn't?"
[Aryeon]: Surly is not what, wretch? Your attempts to sway my heart from my suffering past will get you nowhere.
[Sangreala]: But your past is here, isn't it... Yes, the other sides... The twisted mirror. Such cruel hands is fate equipped with, is it not? Is he your father, or your son? Your brother, or your friend?
[Aryeon]: ...
Aryeon pauses as he begins to realize whom Sangreala is speaking of.
[Aryeon]: It does not matter! You will not take him!
[Aryeon]: Not you, not Torr, or any other demon!
Sangreala hisses slowly, ravishingly enjoying as she takes her sweet time. "Oooh, yes... You know of whom I speak..." Slowly, she hisses out the name in a dark and savory delight. "Urameil."
[Aryeon]: He is lost to me. But, one day, perhaps he may be found again.
Sangreala laughes gently in a mocking way. "Oh, but alas he will never be! He will become one of us... He has no idea of the path he descends to, and down that path he will find nothing but to his own will forever lost! Not only is he lost..."
[Sangreala]: But I will -take- him from you.
[Aryeon]: You will do NO SUCH THING!
Aryeon yells out loudly, and swings his staff forward at the demon before him. Holy fire burns from the staff's trace, creating an inferno of divine energy!
Sangreala lets out a screeching scream of agony as she drops to her knees after the inferno. Burnt, injured, but laughing out of her mind. "Yes! Yes! Look at how your rage consumes you! Nothing more then a demon, aren't you?!" She suddenly hurls a---
Sangreala | ball of green woven shadows. This would not only attempt to strike at Aryeon, but also drain him of his health, and force his mind to suffer delusions of fright. "I will take him! He will be my gift to the Legion!"
Sangreala kneels down.
Aryeon extends his staff and redirects the shadowball away, dissipating it in the holy storm surrounding him.
[Aryeon]: Rage? My rage is lost extinguished, wretch.
[Aryeon]: This... this justice! Nothing more or less.
Sangreala huffs, still at her knees, unable to move at her injuries. "You have lost him... It was your fault..." She cackled gently, teeth baring to him in a wide maniacal grin. Her facy awfuly scorched alongside her whole form.
[Aryeon]: I feel no anger, no foolish hate. Just the burning desire to right what is wrong! And to do that end, I shall best you!
Aryeon extends his staff outward and the fires focus into a blinding white light, focusing it on Sangreala, sending a horrible purging pain through her body!
Sangreala screams aloud, enough to actually wound the reguler ear as she writhed and flailed wildly wailing in agony. Suddenly, she broke the spell through sheer resistence, slowly standing at her feet as her eyes burned with absolute hate. "Enough!" She roars
Sangreala in--
Sangreala | anger, hurling another cone of purple flames at Aryeon's body to scorch him badly.
[Sangreala]: Do you believe you can best me?! You are nothing! Nothing!
Aryeon stumbles back, the purple flames surrounding him as he encases himself in a holy aura. He stands his ground in defense.
[Aryeon]: I believe I already have. If I am nothing, then why do you not just destroy me in one strike?
[Aryeon]: Who is truly the nothing here? The mortal who defies and harms you, or the immortal who can not even best a single "pet of human pigs"?
Sangreala smiles in her own agony. "Because I needed you to be close." She suddenly gives another winged leap at the nearby stone, perching on it like a gargoyle would as suddenly fire began descending upon Aryeon in the form of small meteors.
[Sangreala]: You are special, my foe! I shall grant you to that privelage... But you are nothing but a failure! Your brother has already fallen to the grip of a force better... And soon, so shall all you care for!
Aryeon is barraged with the meteors, barely holding his ground as hellfire rains all around him.
Sangreala simply laughed wildly, sustaining the rain of fire upon the Sin'dorei. "Perish in the flames of which you sparked!"
Aryeon grits his teeth and extends a single arm outward, the other holding his staff in hand as he braces on his knees. He fires out another barrage of holy power towards his assailant!
Sangreala let our a rabidous snarl as she had to re-direct her attention, and soon both spells have ended. She huffed wildly, wheezing... The crystals at her body seems to have dimmed out. "You were wrong, priest... My name will be forever remembered..."
[Sangreala]: I am Sangreala Skysearer Saumerian. And I will become the very bane of your existance. I will haunt your -dreams-.
[Aryeon]: Your name...
[Aryeon]: Will die with me in the centuries to come.
[Sangreala]: You think that your worthless memory is all that serves me? So many others will know of it... And soon, all of them... Your precious Urameil, will be chanting it to the highest of heavens as we bring about the coming of a new age.
[Aryeon]: Millenia from now, the world will look back at us.
[Aryeon]: And all they will see is that good destroyed evil.
[Aryeon]: There will be no Aryeon Sunsong. No Sangreala Skysearer Saumerian.
[Aryeon]: That is both of our legacies, demon.
Sangreala laughs gently. "There will always -be- a Sangreala... And I will forever be there. While you will wither and grow old, I will remain strong and powerful... Until next time, Aryeon Sunsong... Fret for your life." She suddenly hissed as she dissapeared---
Sangreala | in a sheath of green flames.
Aryeon pauses as the demon dissapears into thin air. He exhales loudly and lowers his staff, body burnt and dripping with sweat.
[Aryeon]: Wither and grow old?
[Aryeon]: Idiot monster. I am already old.
You let out a hacking cough.
Aryeon walks back down the path he came, to return to Kalimdor.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Thoughts Thoradin 0 592 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Dark times... ruwendje44 25 4,167 04-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Last Post: ruwendje44
  An Account, of sorts, of Dark Events. Nostra 3 933 01-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Last Post: DrinkArizona