The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Which would you be more interested in?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kidnapped, once more
18.42%
7 18.42%
Eversong patrols (The Blood Knights)
7.89%
3 7.89%
Ghostlands (The Farstriders)
5.26%
2 5.26%
Mercenary-esque mini-events (Meadowrest)
13.16%
5 13.16%
Scoops, investigations, barging in on other events (Newspaper)
13.16%
5 13.16%
Survivor/Hunger Games
26.32%
10 26.32%
Gladiators
15.79%
6 15.79%
Something else! (Post below...)
0%
0 0%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Lox Inquires: Events and Storylines
(Imitation is the highest form of flattery, Rigley!)

While I'm still absent and without real internet connection, I'd like to get some ideas/feedback for when I come back, since I want to start running events and such again.

And, well...

I currently have three guilds under my name, which would be The Blood Knights, Farstriders and the Meadowrest. Soon to join these three would be an IC newspaper that I plan on running, but I haven't been able to really write anything for any of them due to my sporadic on-and-off connectivity.

... Anyhow.

These are the things I'm considering:
  1. Kidnapped, again. Kidnapped 4, or Abducted 1. We'll see. Depending on what kinds of feelings are expressed towards another go at the Kidnapped concept, I may or may not continue with the series. I would like to DM something similar again and learn from my mistakes, but suggestions are always welcome if you guys have any ideas for locations, rules, improvements, additions, etc.
  2. Patrols in Eversong and infiltrating the Sunsail Anchorage. Blood Knight storyline idea, though we'll see if I can figure out something more for them to be dealing with. I want to involve political intrigue here, but I need to think some more about that. Mainly for Blood Elves and eventually more Horde volunteers depending on the assignments. I want to build a storyline for the guild with a set system of progression in standing with the faction (although not too high, obviously... There can only be one Matriarch!).
  3. Ghostlands, dealing with remnants of the Amani trolls and remaining Scourge stragglers along with intel. missions, espionage and picnicking in the mountains (hey, why not?). This would mainly involve the Farstriders. I'm planning on making a villain for the guild, an NPC, to make a proper storyline with a continuity. Here, I would also want to make a solid storyline where you can gain or lose standing with the faction, and it would probably not be unheard of that the Farstriders rush to the aid of smaller groups in their territory, provided they aren't busy with greater threats.
  4. Mercenary jobs, collection tasks and miscellaneous from the corporation of Meadowrest. I need to get this group off the ground, but they'll mainly be dealing with smaller jobs in public. Send people off to collect materials, barter with reluctant merchants, etc. One example of such an event I did was a Pack Kodo escape from Ratchet (because of an explosion). The team was gathered by goblins and told to go out and recollect the animals and their cargo. Fun was (hopefully) had, and money as well.
  5. Scoops for the newspaper. They'll probably be trying to attend different events to get to write about them, but I hope I'll be able to make events surrounding the group itself. Perhaps they'll have enemies from inappropriate material that they publish? Opportunities are endless. The paper will be open for articles or inputs by private actors as long as the material is submitted, and once I get it up and running, it'd be a good outlet for advertisment.
  6. Survivor/Hunger Games inspired event. Many different opportunities. It can follow the track of regular competition or survival horror (for real), depending on popular demand. Place your bets on contestants, yada yada.
  7. More light upon Gladiators! I know many people have been trying to bring some life to the arenas by enslaving gladiators (or collecting more willing subjects in some cases), and I suppose it could be a nice thing to make a bigger deal out of it. Hmm...

I mainly want to see if people have ideas or if there's interest in any of these.

EDIT: I've added a poll as well, to set a priority list of sorts.
Please, please, please have an event in December. :>

*Ponders*

Kidnapped No.4 would be what I vote for, but that's mainly because the others seem to be more centric around Blood Elves, while my main character's a Human. I am curious about Meadowrest, however, which might be an interesting concept.
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
Meadowrest is my attempt at a mafia. They have an old guild post that's been messed up by the forum transfer, so I plan on writing a new one with better information.

And the two that are more focused on Blood Elves would be the Blood Knights and Farstriders, yes. The other three are more universal, as the mafia doesn't discriminate by race so much since it's not economically profitable to exclude certain kinds of workforce... Yeah. And the newspaper is also very universal.

And Kidnapped is connected to Meadowrest, since they're the ones behind it. This wouldn't be knowledge you'd possess ICly unless you're part of Meadowrest's inner circle.
I see. . .

It is all a Meadowrest conspiracy to take over the world!
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

NIL
I'm thinking Kidnapped/Shipwrecked/Abducted/Gameshow-for-nobles with a strong Survivor-like theme. Immunities, competitions, camp-life, votes, huge prize for last standing. Less terror, more comeptitiveness for a change, perhaps?

As for the paper - open up two or three colums for editorial pieces by characters? Perhaps even a small competitions for who wins a column?

/quick-in-out
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
I am thinking. . .

The Hunger Games
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

NIL
... That pops up the Hunger Games in my head, though with less death. <.< Or that game-show we have in Sweden called "Expedition Robinson". I don't know how many others have the same concept running in their countries, but yeah.

I'm intrigued, so I'll give that some more thought.

And, yeah, the intention for the paper was that people could submit their own material. /nod

EDIT:
(12-03-2011, 04:42 AM)Zarquon Wrote: I am thinking. . .

The Hunger Games

Goddomot, you ninja-poster. >:C
So, you want to play Survivor?
That'll be interesting.
A jolly ditto to the opinions expressed already.
It seems like there's some keen interest in a Hunger Games related event, or at least one inspired by it. Hrm.

I'll see if I can design something interesting of the kind while I'm still absent. It would definitely be interesting to put people in such a situation.
I'd take part.

Although, one thing I'd be careful for is one of the main problems in the Hunger Games was survival, and most characters know somewhat well how to survive. So, that may be somewhat of a buzz kill.
(12-03-2011, 05:42 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: I'd take part.

Although, one thing I'd be careful for is one of the main problems in the Hunger Games was survival, and most characters know somewhat well how to survive. So, that may be somewhat of a buzz kill.

That just means the difficulty will get ramped up a notch.
Not sure I follow you, Binkle.
That depends entirely on which kinds of conditions and opportunities they have and what kinds of threats they face under those.

Hence, the level of difficulty. It's possible to remove or neutralize helpful tools to make survival more difficult.
/nod.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lox's Future Events Loxmardin 20 3,771 05-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Scar