The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Breaching the Hold (12-17-2011)
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/calend...calendar=1
Date: 12-17-2011

Breaching the Hold

The Details

To minimize OOC chatter when the event begins, this thread will explain all that you might need to know. For info regarding the event, or general questions, please PM me (Rowgen) or Dareksar, and we'll try to answer the best we can. The event will be held at 11 AM Server Time, at the 17th of December.

The event continues the story of the Red Vanguard's previous event, the Assault of Bloodfist Stronghold, and will be DMed by me and Dareskar. To keep the number of participants to a manageable level, we've unfortunately decided that the event is restricted to members of the Red Vanguard and Hand of Sylvanas, unless there is enough spots for a few more. If there is, it'll be first come, first served. We hope you understand.

Post questions, sign-ups and comments below. Feedback and constructive criticism will also be welcomed warmly later, as both me and Dareksar are pretty fresh when it comes to hosting events, so wish us luck. Hopefully we won't suck too much. Anyway, we hope you'll enjoy it!

And now for a Star Wars-style intro:

The Story

A dark structure casts a long shadow over the dead forests of Zul'drak. Erebius has been left unchecked for far too long, and there are still those of the Lich King's old followers who refuse to die with him. They still haunt the dreaded halls of the Necropolis, under the leadership of the Lich Thul'zalar.

Many months after the Lich King's death, the evil within Erebius has finally reawakened. The Scourge forces have already made a move against Bloodfist Stronghold, but were thwarted by the combined efforts of the Red Vanguard and the Hand of Sylvanas. However, the victory didn't come without cost, and Tardunk, a mighty warrior of the Red Vanguard, was captured.

Now it is time for payback. The Red Vanguard has called upon the aid of the Hand of Sylvanas once more, to board the Necropolis, save Tardunk and end the threat of Erebius.

The Combat

Most combat, apart from bosses, will be done in Trust. Combat with Ghouls, skeletons and zombies will be done in Trust, unless they are part of a boss encounter. In that case, they will act in a similar fashion to a Death Knight's Army of Dead ability, being the boss' attack. The options would be to either be swarmed by ghouls or to manage to fight them off in that scenario. All bosses do damage to everyone within reach. During Roll fights, a Raid Warning will tell you whose turn it is, and what the roll to beat is.

You will also occasionally be told to roll over a specific number outside of combat, and might take damage despite there being no actual combat. This is mostly to add a sinister atmosphere, and to counter this, healers will be appointed at the start of the event. As for healers, their role will be slightly different from that of the rest: Each encounter, they will be given the option to heal for 1 to 3 HP. When they decide to heal, they use the command /roll 3 instead of the normal /roll. All healers can do so one time each boss encounter.

In case a character reaches 0 HP, they will be rendered incapable of combat. They may choose to continue with the others, or be knocked out. Either way, they are no longer able to fight. The safest choice would be to retreat out of the Necropolis.

The Cast

This is a list of all the participants in the event. People that I need to double-check whether are able to participate are marked with (?), and I'll need them to confirm that they'll join before the event starts. If any of you are angered by my doubt, feel free to yell at me before the event. Spots can/will be added based on the final player count.

The Red Vanguard:
  • Kotorr Hellaxe - Dareksar.
  • Gol'grosh Bloodmane - Rowgen.
  • Grazmot Windseeker - ghaskan.
  • Ren'aji Darkspear - Ozewse.
  • Gok'tar Wolfson - 13kira13.
  • Tardunk Heartsplitter - Ebenezer.
  • Logar Boneshatter - Lunaxy (?).

The Hand of Sylvanas:
  • Allen Mchelmer - Lendri (?).
  • Jared Richter - Sol (?).
  • Blaudia Nihil - Mayjk.

Others (?):
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Being the complete derp I am, I noticed I'd put up the event on Friday instead of Saturday. It's now fixed! :D
The event was pretty neat! It was quick while being exciting, which is always a great thing! The only thing I would suggest is making the enemies more dynamic, with some twists other than good ol' "makes damage". For example, stuns/fears, mind controls, bleeding/poisons, etc... just some pontual stuff to add the dynamic without getting too complicated. However, since this was your first time DMing an event I believe it was fair to be more up to the point, still, you asked for suggestions to improve and here is mine. :D
HERP. I missed it D:
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
To ghaskan: That is exactly the kind of feedback I wanted! Thanks! I'll get to find some way to work out a fair and balanced system where we can apply buffs, debuffs, poisons, fears, stuns and similar effects to the participants and to the enemies, as well. Also, I will try to work out ways to keep track of HP better, as the event got a bit chaotic. :D

To Immy: I'm afraid the event was restricted to the two guilds unless the required amount of people didn't show up. As it were, we had full house, so... Not to be mean, but I'm not sure if you could've joined anyway. :(

But you get a hug for having wanted to join! Hug

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Strong Hold to Break a Blade. Spiky 1 853 02-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Last Post: flammos200
  Sickness in the Sands (12-18-2011 - 04:00 PM GMT+3) Rosencrat 0 670 12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Assault of Bloodfist Stronghold (Horde!) (10-29-2011) Dareksar 1 808 10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  The Bison Banquet (10-30-2011) FlyingSquirrel 0 616 10-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Test Event (09-17-2011) Kretol 3 1,030 09-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel