The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wanderlust: An Adventure Across Azeroth
Maybe some of you have seen or read my thread, Wanderlust, the IC thread for my paladin, Cristovao. If not, that is fine, because even if you do not know Cristovao (IC or OOC), this can still appeal and apply to you!

What -is- Wanderlust, Exactly?

Wanderlust is not an event in the traditional sense. What does this mean? This means there's no real ultimate goal or objective to accomplish. Characters who join are not obligated to stick around and stay, they may leave and return as they desire, and walk-ins are not only allowed, but are encouraged.

BUT CAP THIS IS SO STRANGE AND BIZARRE AND UNLIKE ANY EVENT I'VE EVER SEEN HOW DOES IT WORK.

Relax, skippy, just take a seat and I will explain the premise and setup!

The Story So Far...

Cristovao di Silvio, human paladin from the destroyed kingdom of Lordaeron, has dedicated his whole life to serving the Light, to fight evil wherever it may be found, and has done so with great fervor. However, now that he's found a time of peace where he can settle down, he's anything but at peace. His heart yearns for going out into the dangerous world once more, and so he readies himself to go out, unsure of what the world might offer him once more...

For further story fun, follow the Wanderlust IC thread.

The Premise

Wanderlust is adventure role play, to the purest form. I'm talking DnD tabletop adventure, here, albeit less structured and planned out. There is no single main story, but there may be as many ministories as there are people involved. The idea is that those involved will be setting out to wander and see the world, and along the way they will encounter others also wandering the world, where they will make friends, enemies, rivals, and lovers, and who knows what else more. This is, at its very core, the miscellaneous adventures of a bunch of misfits. One day you might have to fight off a Darkiron hunting party in the Wetlands, another day you'll run into the Amani trolls of Lordaeron, another still you'll find a creepy old man on the side of the road who wants you to travel into the heart of Alterac's ruins, and more. Who knows what we'll find out in the world? Well, you certainly won't unless you get out there and see it for yourself!

The Purpose

Why have random adventure Role Play? Well, why not? There are a myriad of reasons behind this...

1: Reduce OOCC idleness. Have a character that you just don't know what to do with? Then set him loose out in the world! Everytime a Wanderlust RP occurs, LFG will advertise it as a mini-event where aaaanyone is invited.

2: Get the role play out of the cities and into the WORLD... of Warcraft. Ever wondered how all those blood elves got to Booty Bay? They had to travel there. Ever wonder how all those tough guys sitting in the Stormwind and Orgrimmar pubs got all those battle scars? They were out there in world. Wanderlust will promote people getting off their arse and having some good old fashioned fun.

3: Promote conflict... and friendships! When out in the world of Azeroth, you can meet anyone. Will the Second War human veteran run into the young orc upstart stationed at Hammerfall? What of the blood elf who sympathizes with the Alliance? Or the Forsaken assassin looking out for his own skin? What if all of these characters ran into each other while ogres came down on them, forcing them to look past their differences to survive? And what happens after they survive? Will they go their own ways out of mutual respect? Or will they just as quickly turn their blades back on each other as soon as they'd look at you? Who knows! Wanderlust will promote both the much desired Alliance-Horde conflict, as well as bonds between characters of their own faction (maybe the Wildhammer dwarf comes to save the Second War human!), and their opposing ones (perhaps the Forsaken assassin and the human veteran were friends in life!), and maybe even conflict within their own faction, too (could the young upstart orc distrust the elf and forsaken, them once being sworn enemies of his people in the past!).

4: To have fun with everyone, anywhere, at any time. Wanderlust has no obligations or long term goals, people who travel with each other can come and go as they please. It's stage is the whole world, inviting players of all time zones, races, and classes to join in on the fun. Adventure awaits you all!

When does the adventure begin?!

Calm down, skippy! We have no set date... yet. Right now December is jam-full-packed of GMs hosting bigass events, so we'll let the RP dust settle some before we get started. Look forward towards Christmas/New Year's time probably for the adventure to begin! Most Wanderlust minievents will occur on the weekend, but keep your eyes open every day of the week just in case I manage to pull off a surprise!

So, grab your sword and armor, ready your magic tomes and incantations, and get ready to satiate your lust... for adventure!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Adventure be delayed for Dia! I'm focusing on Sickness in the Sands, the Defias story, and Path of the Horde (all roughly done consecutively) when you launch Wanderlust.

Have fun, Cristo :(
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Wanderlust hardly counts as a loose collection of mini-events. You can join in your down time.

It'd be dumb of me to even try to do a RP while an event RP is going on anyway. ROLE PLAYING BY MYSELF IS EXCITING.
Good idea. I'll be sure to keep an eye out in-game.
I really, really like this idea. I have to admit that one of my favourite kinds of RP, if not the most, is adventure (especially random ones). I'll definitively join in as well, when possible!
Yeah this is pretty much what I'm looking for with Rofupi.

Can I signs him up?
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
There are no sign ups! It's all spontaneous adventure RP! Expect it to start maybe near the end of this month.
reading this turns me on. I will join in at some point or another.
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
Grenalin Coldwind of the Coldwind Expeditions approves of this idea, and sets up the first Wanderlust Event Faction; Coldwind Expeditions. When in Northrend, ye can request for something from the Expeditions and you just might get it... *Durrhurrs*

But yah... I like the idea. I hope to see this grow.

BRING ON THE FURY

Good day.
Wanderlust is now -OFFICIALLY- starting! Look forward to ADVENTURES ACROSS AZEROTH the week following Christmas, most likely New Years Weekend!
I would love to join in if its past this weekend. I have a good character for this, maybe two if I can write my seconds character profile!
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
THIS ISN'T DEAD.

BUT ALAS.

I AM NOT IN A GOOD POSITION TO ACTUALLY PLAN OUT A STARTING RP.

So instead... just keep a look out for calls to RP in LFG chat channel.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Adventure! [Event] Bitlordman 10 1,506 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos