The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Initial approval request/question.
I have a small question about the Initial approval, Why is the forum here? They say so another GM can look over it but wouldn't it be smarter to just keep it in the same forum where the GM's look at when the Profile is already almost complete, Instead of doing it in an initial approval where some people were requested to change one little thing and have to wait a week for it to get a reply but when they would just keep it at the normal thread it would get a reply in 1-2 days?
It would clog up the main forum; which nobody wants. Initial is there so that the system doesn't bog down on the main profile page, and so that profiles which have questions to be answered can all be grouped together.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Yes, But why the long waiting time for trade, When that are the profiles that are almost ready :P?
To make it clear.

Intial Approval forum is obiously so things aren't complicated. Because if they keep the "Intial Approval" applications in the same section as the non-previewed applications it will become a big mess (ex. Try to combine the two sections and see how many applications you'll have in one section. Then count -how- many of them are for Intial approval and how many are non-previewed yet).

And when they transfer it in Intial Approval, there they have all the applications that must be checked again, so they know where to look at. It's just so they don't get things complicated.

It's just a way they "name/rank" the applications. Nothing more nothing less. Simply trying not to get mindf*cked when they're in the "Application" forum-work.
[Image: iyn1uq.jpg]
Made by me ^^
Some people are entitled to be stupid, but some are abusing the priviledge
Yes yes but my question is. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend some time on the Initial approval too? As much as the normal profiles since the Initial once require less work since they are almost done anyway.
I can also see it is more clear ETC.

Edit: So the question is: Why spend very less time on the initial profiles. (the one that just need a look over) And spend most time on the profiles that are there for 1-2days and still need work.
They do, but they just have to get everything there. I see where your frustration is, but please, just be patient. The GMs and FHs have plenty of other profiles to tend to.
Patience is the virtue though.
[Image: iyn1uq.jpg]
Made by me ^^
Some people are entitled to be stupid, but some are abusing the priviledge
I suspect that the gripe is that those profiles that end up in the Initial Approval Forums are handled slower or even with less priority than those in the main Forum, resulting in a curious situation where something that had already obtained Initial Approval (Thus suggesting that it's halfway cleared) might be cleared slower than something that started from zilch.

. . .or something along those lines. :3
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something
Attractive to save
- Soup Star Joe

Ongoing Personal Projects:
NIL
I reference to you special profiles, some of whom have been sitting there for close to a month. So yeah, it may take time, but wait your turn.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I might know something about this.

The Initial Approval forum serves as a midway point for profiles the Initial-er is uncomfortable about approving. Either something is in there that they can't quite put their finger on to point out, the abilities need a second opinion, or the profile only has one large-ish improvement before approval.

The reason they are kept in a separate forum - well, this is a system before my generation - I suspect it's because most GMs and Forum Helpers don't bother looking at a profile in the main section if another GM or Forum Helper has posted on it. We often glance over them all just to be sure, but if Reigen, for instance, told you to make X, Y, or Z change, I will assume she has read it over and it doesn't require my scrutiny.

The Initial Approval forum is there for the sake of saying, "Hey, guys, look at this for me."

Spoiler:
Reading profiles takes a long time, and just because one Helper or GM has the free time to do it, that doesn't mean they all do. We all work on different schedules, and are motivated to work at different times. Sometimes it crawls at a snail's pace, but we are only volunteers, after all.
Expanding on what Delta said!

Initial is also a way for us to go, "Well, this seems perfectly fine but I'm not so sure about Dreanei lore.". I would initial the profile because I, from my view, see no current problems from it but know that that lore is not a strong point for me. Putting something in initial is basically me yelling out to other GMs/Forum helpers that "Yo dawgs, space goats man, I'm not too sure 'bout them. Someone who knows space goats come here and tell me if I missed something horribly obvious that I should feel bad about." I also tend to do it when I'm iffy about a skill/ability a person lists and want other people to check it out.

I try to weed though it every now and then but I don't go to profiles I put there because that defeats the point of me asking someone else to look over it. Also, just because a profile is in initial doesn't really mean its 'halfway done'. In some cases? Yeah, in others? Not really. I have seen and dealt with profiles in initial that have some sort of glaring flaw that needs to be taken care of because the initial-er didn't know much about X lore. We still have to read the profile over as if it was brand new to the main section and we still have to point out anything we see that causes an issue.

As for the section being slow? Yeah, it is. Partly because many who check profiles poof in for a few moments then go on to do their own things and partly because it's one more click away. I'm very guilty of going on a spree, knocking off a few profiles, then jumping off to go play Skyrim on LoL. The only suggestion has been said many times, to wait it out.
Ohh I see, Thanks :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request for something (In-Game!) Jaella 21 3,125 11-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Request for rpitems! Miah 1 697 09-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Approval 3 1,083 03-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Wiki Profile Approval? Lynoa06 10 1,791 03-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  How do I get my Workshop page into the Intial Approval sec. ThomasBusteed 1 830 03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Last Post: HelveteSong