The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Aisha's silly event-invent
Why hello there! How are you all doing? Hmm? What do you mean who am I? Oh right... well, this tends to happen when I am so inconspicuous. Anyhow, enough about me; on to the business at hand.

I welcome you to my little event planning extravaganza!
The purpose of this is to plan an event or maybe more than one (depending on how it goes) and my first one in fact. However, due to what I've seen a lot of events do not receive the interest they should or could. So this is where all you happy peeps come in. We're going to see and plan out what you yourselves want.

Yes, yes... I know you can't please everyone. It's impossible, but bare with me on this, because even if this pleases a few it's already more than enough seeing randomly plopping events often results in poor interest. And we can always make a few other events to please the others.

So. What I want from you is to find out what makes an event fun for -you-. But also take the time and answer a few questions I personally wish to know:
Does it have to be long/short?
Does the story have to be single or change course depending on the choices made by the characters?
Do you like to see more time spent on fighting or traveling or solving some sort of puzzles or other (your ideas welcome)?
Do you prefer the simple roll combat system or something more in depth that allows your character's talents and class spells be used in more detail?

I have a few possible storyline sketches in my mind and we'll see if any of them even come close to what you wish to see. So... What are you waiting for? Write up a whole poem about what you like in events so we can get this going!
Moved to GenDisc. Being as it's polling for opinions of events in general, it'd likely be better off here to get more opinions and thoughts (and visibility).
Hmm, I'll weigh in here.

1. I like a long storyline. I don't really care at all about the length of the events themselves, but I like having lots of events centered around one theme/story.

2. Can be either. Changing is cool, but if for the purposes of some epic stuff happening it must be linear, then that's just as well. It -is- immersion-breaking when my character 'can't' do a lot of logical things for this reason though, so I do

3. Variety! Moderation in all the things!

4. I guess this depends on #3. If combat is a main portion of the event, something a little more complex is probably called for, as that is the feature. If there's less combat and more puzzle solving/exploring/other stuff then simple roll combat can help speed things up.

I hope I helped a bit!
Long storylines with varied events - I would love events that do not revolve around combat.

And ponies. They make everything 20% cooler.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Okay. Great! Just could use some more imput from others.

"Any more takers? Anyone? ... Guys? GUYS?! ... ... Uhh... Joke's over? Seriously? ... ANYONE?"

*crickets*
Spoiler:
[Image: foreveralonehighres.png]
Spoiler:
[Image: troll+face.jpg]

Time to answer some questions.

1. Medium Length...Picky but yeah...a mid point tends to work best, unless a event is an important one such as the finale of a event chain.

2. A simple course for the event chain means less hassle but yeah...less impact for the characters involved. I say a chain that changes depending on what happens is the best. Improv! And Improv Hard!

3/4. Honestly...I'm more a fan of Adventure than anything in regards to rp...I find that the less combat is involved that involves that /roll command, the better something is. Combat should be the climax of what is going on, the thrilling finale...Not the cause, action and ending.

And that's all I've gotta say. Hope it helps Aisha!
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

(01-14-2012, 02:45 PM)Avitz Wrote:
Spoiler:
[Image: troll+face.jpg]

Time to answer some questions.

1. Medium Length...Picky but yeah...a mid point tends to work best, unless a event is an important one such as the finale of a event chain.

2. A simple course for the event chain means less hassle but yeah...less impact for the characters involved. I say a chain that changes depending on what happens is the best. Improv! And Improv Hard!

3/4. Honestly...I'm more a fan of Adventure than anything in regards to rp...I find that the less combat is involved that involves that /roll command, the better something is. Combat should be the climax of what is going on, the thrilling finale...Not the cause, action and ending.

And that's all I've gotta say. Hope it helps Aisha!
Thank you for trolling, because in all honesty. Why is it people I know that actually /care here?

Wouldn't be much improv on the hard decisions as I would just divide them into paragon (good guy) and renegade (bad guy) actions (that is totally an original idea and not trolled from some game trilogy by a company that rhymes with MioWare) which leaves only two pre-planned outcomes. Yes, some situations will not be generalized as much as that and will go improv, but I honestly think that it's better to let the people pick if they for example want to kill someone or not.

Anyhow. All is noted and shall be added to the cauldron for mixing into this awkward potion we shall call an event at some point.
Alright, here I go:

>Does it have to be long/short?
Mid/Long is the sweet length spot, if you ask me. It also can't be too long because people will eventually grow bored and just drop the event all together.

>Does the story have to be single or change course depending on the choices made by the characters?
I believe it should change it's course, but you also have to watch out, because it's possible for the players to completely de-rail the event.

>Do you like to see more time spent on fighting or traveling or solving some sort of puzzles or other (your ideas welcome)?
This is really hard to answer. I mean, it's obvious that if the event is about ogres harassing alliance camps then fighting will be the main point, one way or the other. But if it's about, say, thieves in stormwind then it should probably have more puzzles/social interaction.

>Do you prefer the simple roll combat system or something more in depth that allows your character's talents and class spells be used in more detail?
Honestly, I'm okay with both, but I'm pretty sure that most people prefer the actual combat to rolling, plus it's much easier to screw up with the emotes and in some cases it promotes god moding.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silly (Maybe) Question about Signatures! Dilly 1 699 05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Okay, I feel silly asking, but ... Celeania 2 766 10-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Celeania
  The Stormwind Ambassador is silly! Secrettom 6 1,114 08-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Kainue
  I have a silly question Lucheiah 7 1,316 07-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Lucheiah