The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Mortem Aeternus
''From the producer of the Red Vanguard, I here by present...''

[Image: mj8zeq.jpg]

MORTEM AETERNUS

What?

Mortem Aeternus is a project I just started. It is an academy of sorts, and a scientific cult at the same time. It has many sects and many types of people, but its main goal is to find the secret of creating Forsaken, and perfecting them, but like many other organizations, it has its own black sheep. Others simply thrive for power or progress in their own projects and the challenge to become an apprentice is tough.

Our school and Adminstration system goes as follows:

Masters - These govern the cult and oversee the acolytes: Acarus, Aeterni Magister, Master of Necromancy

Apprentices - Each Master may take an apprentice to school, personally:

(Caretaker: Peroido)

Guardian - These are our honor guard:

Acolyte - Our fanatical cultists:

Upon joining Aeternus, you choose your research path.

Necromancy

Shadow Magic

Apothecarism/Alchemy and Herbalism

Fel Magic and Demonology

The classes we currently accept are; Warlock, Mage, Priest (Shadow), Warrior (Guardian only), Death Knight (Yet to plan)

The guild is now allied with Argus Wake. Wake is a de facto owner of the guild, where as we can still operate nearly independently.

Uniforms?

Uniforming is under debate, but expect to see traces of unifying clothing in the recent future.

Feel free to ask questions and point out fatal flaws, in constructive mode.

P.S: This is my weakest guild post yet, I am tired. Though this finally has a logo!

Well the D.K.s could be about anything. Although you'd expect them to be more of a guardian based on the way the class normally is. Although I like this. A school is something I haven't seen yet so I would do this, and I happen to have a D.K. with.. Well nothing yet. So this would be nice ^^
Great! I'll be ingame on Acarus, if you wish to contact me.

As for allowing DKs for other ranks, such as learners, I considered it for such things as Necromancy, but then thought ''meh'', becouse I am not sure how lorewise allowed it would be. I will have to consult people.
I find this to be an exceedingly intriguing concept. I'm not too certain about the structure (I've always been a little wary of the idea of making a 'school' of sorts in Warcraft based off of prior experiences), but the goals of the organization are very interesting! The master/apprentice relationship should bring about a lot of fun roleplay opportunities -- especially since a seemingly-less-than-good organization like this would breed a lot of political machinations and I could see a lot of efforts to subvert the apprentices of political/intellectual rivals or even to steal them.

Potential! Potential!
Thank you!

Now, the 'school' is kind of secondary. It is more like a challenge, a place for the masters to choose their apprentices from. This is more of a research project than school, too. I should propably even change the post a bit. The acolytes are more like researchers than students. It seems I am repeating myself. End of edit.
Piroska, are you referring to something similar to the Sith hierarchy from Star Wars? Because that -would- be interesting.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I hadn't considered it, but there's potential for that as well. The parallels are there: it appears that Mortem Aeternus has a one master/one apprentice relationship and it has a decidedly less-than-good slant given the goals regarding the creation and perfection of Forsaken.

There's a lot of good possibility in an organization like this. You could have people whose sole interest is in the completion of the guild's goals, but there's a lot of wiggle room for other types of characters. People pursuing their own interests and power, people looking to settle a score, people looking to attain a position of power over others, and so forth. The potential for political intrigue within the organization alone is really appealing, but I tend to enjoy subtle battles and the weaving is a good, solid political rivalry that can easily span months or years of roleplay.

... bugger. I might actually have to install another copy of the game in order to pursue this concept.

And apologies, Dareksar, if it appears that my comments are deviating from the intended purpose of the thread!
No problem, and you really gave good ideas! That could be what the Mortem thrives to be!
Well the dragon quest for my dk is glitching out to hell so I'm dead and stuck. So it may be a bit befor I can do much.

~edit~ To that whisper thing. That and I'm still in school so I just check on Coth now and then.
Edited minorly, by changing some single words into the way Piroska suggested!
My interests are in this... Though I don't feel like rolling any new characters. I'll offer my Shadow Priest as a temporary test subject. Have fun with that :>
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
(01-12-2012, 02:56 PM)Dareksar Wrote: Edited minorly, by changing some single words into the way Piroska suggested!

D'aww!

I'm a busy little bee right now, but this -- of all things -- has sparked my interest enough that I most likely will be returning to a somewhat active state in Conquest of the Horde. I'll make the effort to start installing a second copy of the game today and then (re?)create an account and character.
Totally for my own benefit, is this guild concept still moving forward?
Yes! We have not died off yet and recently joined forces with the Wake and a few other guilds.
Oh we have? For some reason when I get on no one else is..