The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

W.O.L.F Pack
DISCLAIMER! The characters joining the guild are bound to suffer injuries. Those include (but are not limited to): Burns of every degree, Broken bones in some or every part of the body, poisoning, cuts, dismemberment, different torture, Etc. If you are afraid to place your character in danger -do not- think about joining. No one is going to go trough this unharmed. Heck, the guildmaster is bound to get killed before the members.

In essence W.O.L.F Pack is a mercenary guild with a very strict code of honor. As a neutral guild they take missions from anyone who can jiggle enough coin to make the risk worth it. All members, after being placed into a "sub-guild" are also given a partner who is then expected to become the other half of the member. Someone who they can rely on at all times and never to get caught off guard. The idea of the guild is to make a single force of people who can organize an offensive without nothing more than a slight nod to be shared between them. Currently it's still in the planning phase and thus tho be considered WIP, but the guild is online so if you have interest in it simply contact Brimley for more info.

[Image: Cerberus_Logo.jpg]
Weaponized, Organized Lethal Force Pack.
As you enter the years old shack you notice the dark skinned Troll by the table working on a lock of some kind. He raises his eyes from his work and blows out a cloud of smoke, placing the lock on the table in front of him. "So, another blue eyed child looking to get rich quick?" He takes the long pipe out of his mouth and eyes you over for a moment. "I'll be honest. You don't look like someone I'd even consider taking in." But just as you open your mouth he raises his hand, "No, I don't need a long story about your past. How you have beaten Garrosh is a fist fight and armwresled Arthas. I care little for what people talk about. I like to -see- what you can do." He takes a long drag from his pipe and again exhales a puffy screen of smoke towards you, "Impress me and you can consider yourself a proud member of the Wolf Pack. But..." He takes a small envelope and holds it between his middle and index fingers, "Meet me at this location. Something I have thrown together myself. Beat the little test and, as I sayd, you are in." With that he throws the envelope towards you and turns back to his work. After picking up the letter you turn back to him but he just makes a quick motion with his left hand, ordering you to leave. You feel more confused about all this than when you first walked into that hut. Inside you find a little map detailing a location. With a sigh, aether out of relief or disappointment, you turn to head towards the destination.

OOC Rules.
We are looking for mature players who are willing to follow the forum/server rules.

IC Rules.

1. There is no -You-. You are a part of a pack, a single unit. Every action you take is taken by the Pack so you better think twice before starting to throw insults at people or dishonoring us. Failure to comply: Proof of loyalty. The person who dishonored the pack must cut a single digit from the pinky finger of the persons left hand.
2.Help your brothers and sisters. We are one, without eatcother we are nothing. If you see one of the Pack attacked on threatened, step in. We are your sword and a shield, trust in your pack. Failure to help brothers or sisters in need or, worse, abusing their help: Stand of honor. You against the rest of the pack to remind you our combined power.
3.Never betray the secrets of the Pack. Your brothers and sisters are all you have. Failure to comply: Test of will. Torture for a full night as chosen by the brother or sister whose secrets were revealed or sold.
4.There is no "out". You are in and you are in for good. The only retirement you can expect from here is to die in a fight or to be released by The Alpha. Failure to comply: Wrath of the Pack. The person will be hunted down and killed. If the person happens to be unlucky then the person will bi captured alive and tortured to death.

Ranks aka. Packs
The Cubs - New bloods, virgin blades, all those who are yet to work past the training sequence and are thus yet to be placed into any groups. They are considered the bottom of the food chain and thus cared little about until they can prove they are capable enough to work themselves into the pack.

The Blood hounds - The cunning. The Slick. A face in a crowd. These people are the people you meet on the street. Quick thinking people with quicker fingers. They gather information for the rest of the Pack. They have the ability to talk a mugger into giving them all his money and feel happy walking away. Rarely sent on dangerous missions unless they have proven themselves as capable to work with the other hounds without slowing them down.

Night Hounds - The hidden. The silent. The Deadly. Night hounds are the shadows that follow you wherever you go. The feeling of being watched when no one is there. They are mostly sent on missions that require the elimination of a single target or to get an item from some well guarded location. Like Blood Hounds they are expected to be able to quickly get out of sticky situations but are proven to be experienced fighters. There are no dirty tricks for these people. If there is a Shadow, plan an ambush. If there is a drink or food, poison it. If there is dirt, throw it. Knowledge of stealth is a must, along with previous combat training in whatever field Night Hounds feel comfortable with.

The War Hounds - The meat of the Pack. The strongest and bravest. The War hounds are the part of the Pack that keeps going no matter what is thrown at them. Strong fighters who are meant to eliminate every target, neutralize any threats and to guard the rest of the pack like they were guarding their own mothers. Mostly sent on the most straight forward missions that require little subtlety as it's a field these brutes do not excel at. For them there is only the mission target and everything in between might as well consider itself dead. Brewious training is a must, without it do not expect to join them.

The Fel Hounds - Mobile, agile, deadly. This is the rank meant only for the most elite. No matter what situation they are expected to survive, they will. For them there is not retreat, no surrender, no failure. These 6 are the top dogs when it comes to showing skill but there is also a downside to being a step higher above others. The M.A.D are ever changing. If someone challenges one of them to a fight they must take the challenge to defend their place. If you wish to be the best you better prove it. They also act as second in command and may be asked to help DM guild quest.

Alpha - The leader of the Guild. Through him all missions are started and finished. If he gives an order it is expected to be followed to the letter.

Ideas of what missions are to be expected.
Firstly all the members will be run trough training to evaluate their skills and to then be placed in the correct sub-faction of the guild. Members have a say as to what sub-guild they wish to join but depending on the character and the outcome of the training they might be placed in another.
Retrieve missions. The usual. Get item from a location that might or might not be guarded by hordes of soldiers/undead/monsters and traps.
Search and destroy. When a single target is chosen for the mission to be killed. The entire guild needs to help with this one as only a vague description is given along with possible location(s). Like hide and seek, only people are going to die.
(Maybe, depending on how well the guild will do) Helping other guilds with missions or offering other services like recon on defense.
More mission ideas will be added if any good suggestions are given by members/people.

In guild Character abilities.

Abilities for The Cubs.
¬Chance of success - The good thing about being new to something, is knowing that even if you fail, you just need to try again harder next time.
Once during a fight or lock picking attempt The Cub may choose to /roll again. The second roll is final even if it's lower than the first one.

Abilities for the Blood Hounds.
¬Serpents tongue - A little pressure, or perhaps a little sweet words, at the right time can make almost any person melt in The Blood Hounds arms.
Once during a conversation The Blood Hounds may choose to play this ability, making the person they are talking to open up much more, thus getting any information they have with a lot less fuss.
¬Eye for detail - A well trained Blood Hound can notice even the slightest movement of a person, making it easier to know when the person is bluffing.
This ability can be activated during a conversation and lasts for the entire time the hound is interacting with the character. Can only be activated once during a Quest.
¬Blood scent - A trained Blood Hound can easily track down any target.
When ordered to find a specific mission target, The Blood Hounds can activate this ability to quickly find their target.
¬/Pack Ability/-
Twist of the blade - United we stand, divided we fall.
When a Blood Hound is in the company of his fellow Blood hounds they gain the increased courage to fight. If two or more Blood hounds are present then all of their attack rolls get a +10 to all of their attack rolls.

Abilities for the Night Hounds.
¬Locksmith - Why spend time picking a lock when you could just as easily pry it open with a blade?
The Night hounds can, instead of picking the lock and risk getting caught, pry the lock open meaning they can save a lock pick for later use. This ability can be used once with every lock. The downside is that a lock that was not pryed open with the first try will be impossible to open with a lockpick later.
¬Trap sense - Knowing how to make and disable traps has left the Night Hounds with the uncanny ability to notice traps before they are set off.
When a Night Hound is leading his fellow Hounds trough trapped areas they can /roll to check for hidden traps. The downside is that when the /roll fails and the trap is triggered they need to make two defense /rolls to survive it unharmed. Everyone else who were close enough for the activated trap must only survive one /roll check.
¬Deadly shadows - The Night Hounds can sneak up to a unaware opponent to quickly and silently dispatch them.
Every time a Night Hound gets a drop on the enemy they may attempt to kill them with a single successful hit. But if the hit fails they leave themselves open for a strike from the enemy.
¬/Pack Ability/-
Hidden in plain sight - What's worse than knowing that an assassin is coming to get you? That his friends are still hidden in shadows.
If a Night Hound is accompanied by two or more fellow Night Hounds they can quickly disappear from enemies sight and appear behind the target. When this happens, the target becomes unaware of the Night Hound and can be killed using the ¬Deadly Shadows¬ ability.

Abilities of The War Hounds.
¬Party Crasher - Every War Hound knows how to make an entrance in style. Bash down the door and attack the first person within reach.
War Hounds can knock down a locked door, or even an unlocked door, and attack the closest enemy. In a successful attempt the enemy is surprised and get a penalty to it's defense. During a failed attempt the War Hound can injure itself and all nearby opponents get a attack and defense bonus as they are alerted.
¬Berserk - A War Hound who has got the taste of blood is a dangerous opponent. Loosing all fear and deciding to attack the enemies head on.
After killing an opponent, the War Hound may choose to berserk. When Berserking all of their successful hits will be critical and their next strike is an instant hit, but they cant defend due to loosing all thought for their own safety to kill, maim and slaughter all who oppose them. Lasts for as long as their opponent is still alive.
¬Look of Death - The sight of a War Hound is enough to make many of their opponents flee in terror.
The War hound may choose to use this ability up to 5 times during a quest. When successful their opponent will flee and is counted as killed. Cant be used on undead or characters who lack emotion.
¬/Pack Ability/-
All against one - So you are having a bad day. It's about to get worse.
A War Hound, joined by two other War Hounds, can gang up on a single opponent to kill it. All of the WHs make a /roll check. If the highest /roll is above the opponents defense /roll then the opponent takes damage from every WH. If all /rolls are higher than the opponents then all attacks are instantly critical. If all /rolls are lower than opponents then the character with the lowest /roll get counter attacked.

Abilities for the Fel Hounds.
¬This but a scratch - The fell hounds may choose to ignore previous wounds, no matter how terrible.
Once a fight the Fel Hounds may choose to get their health back. The downside is that after the fight they are instantly knocked out from the strain and need to be healed. If the FH looses all health during the fight they are instantly killed.
¬I know what I'm doing - The Fel Hounds are experts in all fields and thus know all the tricks the other Hounds do.
The FH can choose to use any other ability the other Hounds posses. All abilities may be used only once during a quest.
¬Below the belt - An injured opponent is easy prey for a Fel hound and thus the Fel hounds may choose to abuse their opponents weaknesses.
If an opponent is below 50% health, all of the Fel Hounds successful attacks are instantly critical.
¬/Pack Ability/-
I saw them do it - The Black knig.... Fel Hound -always- triumphs.
The FH may mimic any Pack Ability they have previously used when in another Hound group or noticed some other Hounds Performing. This is the high rise for all Hounds. Only a single other Fel Hound must be in close vicinity. This skill has no limit.
"Oh no, my good Sir, killing him was never the intent. I like to think of it as an added bonus."
[Image: 2vk1g0k.gif]
The pack that runs together, stays together.

...In all seriousness, this looks interesting.
I'm interested (;
Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live or die on this day.
Live or die on this day.

[CENTER][Image: 2.jpg][/CENTER]
This is interesting, but mercenary guild have a bad habit of going inactive and dead -very- quickly due to lack of events and guild leader activity. I do like the sibling mentality, it reminds me of the Companions in Skyrim.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention the fact that -nobody- ever wants to pay mercenary guilds to do anything. At least not players. so if you don't continuously come up with new events that you claim was payed for by an NPC, mercenary guilds do die -very- quickly. Again, though, I have to admit that this is one of the more appealing mercenary guilds I've seen.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Oohh how fun. Although Rarity up there has a point, no one wants to pay for much these days, let alone merc's. But I'd love to join this. I conveniently made a hunter with no story yet, so I may throw him your way if you'd be willing to have him.
Like Tyra- I mean, Princess Celestia up there, I'd probably be willing to give this a shot too if I decide to come back to the server after this weekend.
Spoiler:
Sounds interesting. I may have a character to toss in there, too. ^.^
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
This looks fantastic. I love it. The name, however, is positively dorky. :P

I'll find someone to throw into this. As a suggestion, you may want to plan a string of events in advance that consist of the Pack being hired by NPCs.
No real critique, but...

I do hope you have some stuff planned to keep people interested and loyal. The rules seem to really rely heavily on IC loyalty and extreme violence if one so much as breaths a word of disloyalty. While not bad at all, it just makes me worry about you keeping people faithful and things fun. You're going to need a big juicy carrot to go with that stick. And I'm not seeing much of that right now. Just "As a member, you better love us or else".

Basically, my point in that ramble is why would a member seek you all out to join out of all the other mercenary groups? Why does this group have (or want to have) such a pack-like brotherhood? Thinking of and writing that in would add a real spark.

...I guess that did end up being a critique.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
In reference to Sol: May I suggest the Blood Pack as a name?

Mass Effect fans, you'll love me for this. :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Oh yes. There's no feeling quite like sharing a name with an organization consisting mainly of Vorcha. Then again, they do have Krogans too, and Krogans are badass.
Spoiler:
(02-03-2012, 07:25 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Oh yes. There's no feeling quite like sharing a name with an organization consisting mainly of Vorcha. Then again, they do have Krogans too, and Krogans are badass.

The Krogan founded the Blood Back. The vorcha are just cannon fodder. :3
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
If you can get this off the ground...

I've got a quest giver PC to offer your guild, and would be willing to (if not interested in) playing DM.
In response to Roxas65: As long as activity is going to be the only problem I don't see much problems with saying it's a Mercenary guild. When I'm done with moving (I might actually do it again soon :S) I'd have enough time to keep the guild active as ever mostly due to many event already planned and a rather long quest chain going on in the background that includes the reasons why the guild was first formed and the dark secrets it brings. And back to the mercenary guild, I know most players don't wish to have much to do with them and even less to pay them but I already expected that. As mentioned before my own events should keep it interesting and as Mercenaries the locations and missions can change enough to keep the entire thing fresh.

In response to Sol: Yes, a long chain of quests and other guild related events are planned along with a murderer starting to pick of members. Good fun (No worries, no one is going to loose their character for this. We have cannon fodder to fill in the gaps.) Many of the events are indeed planned as jobs from different NPC but I'm sure other players can also help every now and again.

In response to c0rzilla: I noticed you brought up the "All stick and no carrot" that I was so hoping to slip by without anyone noticing. Well in reality the guildmaster has a reason for keeping the guild absurdly strict at all times and that he seems to offer no reward for it. He knows that the only people who would think of joining are ether the young and freckles or the people who have nothing to loose. Both of witch he so much wants. Solid pay, people who will become closer than family and a warm bed with fresh food is enough for some. As I read through this I understand that it's sounding way worse than it did when I went trough this all in my head so I cant at the time give you a better reason than this. Even if this scares off some people I cant say much to change their mind, sorry.

In response to Rowgen: I'll think about it. Blood Pack sounds good but somehow I feel the dorkly W.O.L.F Pack has a warm place in my heart.

In response to LostStranger: I'll keep that in mind and I'd be happy if you seeked the guild out online some time but right now I have several things planned for a while so it might be some time before I take up your offer. Someone to help me DM the events sounds excellent, though.
"Oh no, my good Sir, killing him was never the intent. I like to think of it as an added bonus."
That's all fine and dandy then! Also, about what c0r said, there is one group of people that wouldn't think twice about joining such an organization, namely orphans and people who have been abandoned by their families and/or friends. Money and glory for them is not nearly as important as having a group of people they can call family and it's not uncommon for them to constantly search for substitutes for a family. I think people like that would flock to an organization such as this.
Spoiler: