The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

From Light to Shadow: A Notebook of Insanity
BEWARE: The stories/experiments you will read are not for the faint of heart. They contain violence, alcohol and sexual matters that may not be suitable for all readers. Viewer discretion is advised.

((Please don't post in this thread. If you have any comments, please PM them to me.))

From Light to Shadow: A Notebook of Insanity

[Image: 05coverj.jpg]
The name Brother Vande Siftale is written on the first page.

Spoiler:
Day 1

I do not know why I decided to get this journal. Brother Alfred thought that it would be a good idea to write down my thoughts, so that I could keep them somewhere when I need them. Not that I really need to, after all, my mind is a notebook. Regardless, I respect Brother Alfred and will write my thought processes in here.

I am Brother Vande Siftale, deacon of the Gilneas Cathedral and worshiper of the Holy Light. I am devout and an excellent parishioner.

Today, I helped Sister Mariza study. She was having problems understanding one of the concepts, Tenacity, and asked that I help her. Later the night, after reading and going over a small portion of the idea with her, I noticed her discomfort. I asked her what was wrong and she started to cry. Naturally, I consoled her and told her that when she was ready to speak, I would gladly listen. She thanked me and let me know that she would sleep on it. As I left her room, I felt... Reluctant. I wanted to stay. However, I shrugged off the feeling and continued my day as per usual. I helped Brother Mirlo with the evening mass and I spent the rest of my evening reading in the Library.

Books have always interested me. Whether it was about the Light or about nature, it didn't bother me. I just enjoyed to read and learn new things. My main focus was biology and anatomy. I liked to see how the human body worked, so that I could heal it even further. I also enjoyed reading about psychology, so I could understand how the human mind worked, in order to help convince those who do not follow the path of the Light.

Regardless, my life is pretty normal. A follower of the Light, living his life to help others. That is how I plan on living now and forever. I do feel, slightly better now that I've written everything down. I suppose I'll thank Brother Alfred tomorrow morning. For now, sleep will take me.

May the Light Bless.
Spoiler:

Day 5

Sister Mariza and I studied together again... For the fifth time this week. This time, we didn't just study, though. When I saw her remove her clothing, I knew it was more than what I thought. We were in love. And it felt amazing. Unfortunately, I cannot confide in anyone other than you, my dear notebook. My fellow Brothers and Sisters would not approve of such a dealing in love, especially amongst an unmarried priest and priestess.

However, I cannot deny my feelings. My heart bounces when I see her beautiful, curly auburn hair. Her tanned skin and her cute little freckles make me grin. Her face, reminiscent to a princess, and I cannot control myself. Tomorrow, I will go and speak with her about making our affair public and, if she accepts, we will marry on the fourth of next month. I imagine it already, the full of the moon as we enter the Cathedral for a glorious ceremony. My friends, family, Brothers and Sisters will all be around us to support our decision. It will be glorious.

I wrote a poem about her. Truthfully, I have no talent with poems or songs, however I tried my best...

I dreamed that we held our hands together,
When Winter turned to Spring,
And gentle odors kept our steps forever,
Mixed with sounds of waters moving.

I agree, it is not perfect, but I am sure she will love it, as she loves me.

May the Light Bless.
Spoiler:
Day 15

Mariza has accepted my proposal! However, the Church will not be pleased to hear of our arrangement. I had a 'hypothetical' conversation with Sister Isabelle about what would happen. We would be ostracized and looked down upon, by not only the clergy, but the whole city would see the Church as some sort of 'love-making' embassy for the wicked an unlawful.

As advice, she told me to find a hobby and perhaps it will clear my mind.

I think it is a joke. Who are they to say who can and can't marry? Who are they to say that I cannot love?

I was too upset and decided that it would be wise to calm my feelings, with a good book. Why not, right? I found a book called 'The Elements: A World in Nature'. Naturally, I was curious about such a strange title and what I discovered enlightened me. A new hobby, I found.

Alchemy is a very strange science. After all, nature is something that you cannot control. You cannot change. You cannot halt. However, Alchemy allows you to take what is in the physical world and change it into something else. Wild plants into potions of beauty or of death. Earth into Water. Fire into Shadow. The possibilities are endless.

Tomorrow, I plan on taking my first experiments with the local flora. See if I can cook anything up. As for now, I will head to sleep. My head is weary from the stress of recent days.

May the Light bless.
Spoiler:
Day 19

Today, I created my first healing potion. The healing potion, however is extremely volatile. Direct contact with flames will cause it to explode. An... Interesting result, nonetheless. The wild flora in Gilneas seem to be disadvantageous, in the sense that they are not as genetically solid as other flora from the other Kingdoms. Regardless, they will do for now.

I have also discovered that if I cook it for longer and add a pinch of Peacebloom root, I can turn the healing potion, into one of death. Actually, it is more of a weak poison, derived from one meant to heal. If I were to guess, the healing potions turned into poison are weak compared to ones that are a combination of already deadly flora. However, with time, we will see.

I haven't been to mass in several days and Brother Alfred came and asked me what was the matter. Naturally, I told him nothing of the sort. I believe that I would become even more ostricized if I told them of my hobby and my affair with Mariza. In the end, it is not so important. After all, as long as I enjoy myself and have Mariza, nothing can go wrong.

May the Light bless.

Spoiler:
Day 26

Brother Alfred approached me this afternoon. He was told of my experiments from Mariza. Apparently, she worried about what I was doing, but that gives her no right to reveal my secrets. He told me that the art I practiced was not one supported by the Church. I should be spending my time preaching on the streets and not in my room fiddling with plants. I told him to shove it. Who is he to tell me what to do? What to think?

He didn't take too kindly to my attitude and forbade me from continuing my studies and forbade me access to the library. I must find another way to gain more knowledge on the subject. And it must be done delicately... After all, I noticed other clergy members eyeing me with disdain and whispering behind my back.

My Mariza, will be punished for her transgressions, in time. However for now, I suppose I need to think. A pleasure as always.
Spoiler:
[u]Day 31[/u]

Silverpine Forest is a truly beautiful place. I'm very disappointed with myself for now leaving Gilneas City sooner. After all, it is full of liars, cheats and fools. Especially the damned Church! But my revenge is taken care of, after all.

Mariza continued to tell Brother Alfred about my experiments and they threatened to remove me from my position. How dare they think to stop me, especially my love. Thankfully, I dropped a combination of Gloomweed and Mageroyal, mixed with various chemicals found naturally in the hills surrounding the city, into their water bowls. At this point in time, it is the deadliest poison that I can create. By now, Brother Alfred and Sister Mariza are surely dead.

Oh, Mariza, my love. You shouldn't have been a stupid little b***h. If she was simply f**king me for giggles, well she truly made a mistake. I would have enjoyed peeling the skin off her flesh myself and throwing them around her room, however that would be ill advised. My poisons will do the trick.

Regardless, I make for Lordaeron. At least there, I will be able to restart. It is a regret that I will need to purchase new alchemical supplies, however in the end, I will be able to continue my studies in peace and quiet. For now, I give this blessing to those who died in Gilneas tonight...

f**k you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In The Shadow Of Elune Duraza 4 2,708 01-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Duraza
  The Light Casts a Shadow ImagenAshyun 17 3,697 02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Lessons in Shadow CappnRob 0 808 11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Danger Lurks in the Shadow Piken 3 1,305 10-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Piken
  Slipping into the half-shadow Kirabo 0 673 05-04-2013, 01:06 AM