The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Let's be bad.
Well it's just as simple as that. I've played the good guy, the neutral guy, the insane guy, and even the mellow guy, but never the bad (Mind you the insane guy wasn't a bad insane, just had no clue how to interact with most people) But it has come time that I become the hated villain I can be. And whether you wish to be my most hated foe, a pathetic underling, the dark apprentice (Or master), or the hero in which I look down upon you, it is all up for sale.

Hated Foe- One who continually gets in my way, whether it is on purpose or accident, whether the reason is good or bad.

Pathetic Underling- Mind you I dont actually mean pathetic, but the one who would serve him/her, and yet is the closest ally he/she has.

Dark apprentice/master- The one in which he/she teaches/learns from. Not much to it really.

Hero in which he/she looks down on- The one that swore revenge, and at every opportunity attacks the villain, only to fail and end up being saved by mere chance, but will one day be the cause of this villains death.

Mind you I haven't created such villain yet, seeming as though I don't know how I should make this character, but if one was willing to help out, it would go a long way, and who know's, a story could form from something like this.
Something that's important to think about when rolling a bad character is to not just make him mindlessly evil. Every good villain has his origin, even one as seemingly mindless as The Joker (see The Killing Joke) and every good villain has a reason to why he's doing it and maybe even some sort of trademark. Let's take The Joker as an example again; he says he just wants to see the world burn and that he just wants to be fun, which is true but not all. Joker became as insane as he is from having just one bad day and he likes to psychologically terrorize people to make them as crazy as he is in an attempt to try and prove to himself that it's not his fault, it could happen to anybody. The better the person he transforms into this crazy persona, the more he feels he's proven his point. That's why he obsesses with Batman, in Joker's eyes, Batman is just as crazy as he is and what lead to it was just one bad day, just like the Joker. And he taunts Batman over and over again to try and eventually make Batman realize this fact.

Where I'm trying to go with this is; try to add some depth to the villain and not just "I'm bad herpa derpa."
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
(02-06-2012, 07:29 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Something that's important to think about when rolling a bad character is to not just make him mindlessly evil. Every good villain has his origin, even one as seemingly mindless as The Joker (see The Killing Joke) and every good villain has a reason to why he's doing it and maybe even some sort of trademark. Let's take The Joker as an example again; he says he just wants to see the world burn and that he just wants to be fun, which is true but not all. Joker became as insane as he is from having just one bad day and he likes to psychologically terrorize people to make them as crazy as he is in an attempt to try and prove to himself that it's not his fault, it could happen to anybody. The better the person he transforms into this crazy persona, the more he feels he's proven his point. That's why he obsesses with Batman, in Joker's eyes, Batman is just as crazy as he is and what lead to it was just one bad day, just like the Joker. And he taunts Batman over and over again to try and eventually make Batman realize this fact.

Where I'm trying to go with this is; try to add some depth to the villain and not just "I'm bad herpa derpa."

I love you for using the Joker as a reference. <3
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Well, he's quite possibly the best villain ever made.
Spoiler:
(02-06-2012, 08:04 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Well, he's quite possibly the best villain ever made.

Agreed fully.
Alright then, this villain shall be one who's mind was shattered due to an extreme misfortune. (A.E. The destruction of the Sunwell, baring witness to his/her families demise, the shattering of ones beleifs, etc) And will hate a split personality, but each half will know of the others existence. One will be cheery and childish, the other completely evil, yet sane. (Think Tira from Soul Caliber.) Race/gender is still undetermined, but hey, now we got an idea on what/who can oppose/help said character.
It does remind a lot of Jolly and Gloomy personalities of Tira. That's not a bad thing, though, I love Tira's personality.

It's funny, I think I only have one or maybe two characters that I played over a longer period that didn't end up the villain in the end.
Spoiler:
Hahahah but that's quite fun.

Teach me!! /beg
Just remember that split personality characters tend to be approached hesitantly, for lack of better phrasing. At least, from my experience. So make sure it's -very- well thought out and you have knowledge of multiple personality disorder, etc. People don't take well to misinterpretation and sometimes even get offended by it.

Just trying to help!
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I honestly don't know how it happened. On Coth I had a goodhearted Draenei who eventually wanted to destroy the world and she and Alywien ended up killing each other when Aly tried to stop her, I had a good aligned death knight who in the end tried to manipulate and then kill a pregnant woman just to make a certain person feel as though he shouldn't have friends because of my character and on Champions Online I had a lawful hero who ended up being a power hungry b***h who could do almost anything as long as it made her stronger. And those are just my heroes who ended up villains. We shouldn't talk about my chars who were villains from the start, since I hate myself just a lil' bit for even being able to come up with them in the first place. It seems I can't keep a character good, herpa derpa.

Anyways, just give the villain thing a go. Some people can't do it because they simply feel horrible doing it, some other people, such as me, just have a disturbing knack for it.
Spoiler:
(02-06-2012, 08:29 AM)Piken Wrote: Just remember that split personality characters tend to be approached hesitantly, for lack of better phrasing. At least, from my experience. So make sure it's -very- well thought out and you have knowledge of multiple personality disorder, etc. People don't take well to misinterpretation and sometimes even get offended by it.

Just trying to help!

Point noted, don't make an overly creepy split personel and study study study. Although I'll probably look at manga and anime that have such people. (A.E. Hellsing O.V.A.) But I will do a brief read over on those with such a disorder and learn as much as I can. Thanks ^^

(02-06-2012, 08:35 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: I honestly don't know how it happened. On Coth I had a goodhearted Draenei who eventually wanted to destroy the world and she and Alywien ended up killing each other when Aly tried to stop her, I had a good aligned death knight who in the end tried to manipulate and then kill a pregnant woman just to make a certain person feel as though he shouldn't have friends because of my character and on Champions Online I had a lawful hero who ended up being a power hungry b***h who could do almost anything as long as it made her stronger. And those are just my heroes who ended up villains. We shouldn't talk about my chars who were villains from the start, since I hate myself just a lil' bit for even being able to come up with them in the first place. It seems I can't keep a character good, herpa derpa.

Anyways, just give the villain thing a go. Some people can't do it because they simply feel horrible doing it, some other people, such as me, just have a disturbing knack for it.

Oddly enough I have such a dark and twisted mind. I end up surprising a lot of people with it. Such as this year in my English class. Did a project on Edgar Allen Poe and had to right as story in his style. It was... Rather odd, but seemingly peaceful for me to do so. It was rather creepy, and has yet to have a title. I'll try to post it up here some time so people can see into the dark mind of mine.

But thanks anyway ^^ And if either of you want, you could create a character that could rp with them. Pwease..? /puppy eyes
I suppose I could do that.
Spoiler: