The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thirty Days
30 Days Remain...

Kapre woke up. He yawns, the blanket falling off his chest while he sat up as the sun peeked through the windows of the cabin. Looking down to his side, he sees Celes sleeping, their fingers still intertwined. There is a warmth in his heart, a smile present there as well as on his face. He lowers himself to kiss her tenderly, his lips gently pressed onto hers. He's happy. She has returned to him, safe and sound, since the crash of her ship in Northrend. Alive. Well. In one piece. Kapre wouldn't know what to do if she truly left him alone, even with their daughters. He wouldn't know if he'd carry on. It was hard enough with.....

........no. He will not think of her name. It's time to move on. He squeezes Celes' hand while stroking her face with his other, the back of his hand trailing across her face. He gets up, slipping on a robe before he quietly steps away from the bed. He approaches Melodia and Aria's crib, his large arms resting onto the rail. There they are, sleeping soundly. Aria curled up on her belly, her tiny bracelet-adorned hand gripping onto the blanket below her. Melodia, on the other hand, is on her back, her hoof rested atop of her sister. They snored a little, but they were tiny, tender snores. Kapre smiled. The sun poured onto the little ones, bathing them in morning light. He's happy now... with a mate and children to love. A family. A home. He couldn't ask for anything more. He is truly happy.... truly hap-

"Papa?"

"Kapre, the orcs!"

"My love... you've come for me, right?"

"Brothers to the end..."

"Brace yourselves!"

"Fine.... then this is the end. Goodbye, Brother. Burn in Hell."

Kapre blinks. He's on the floor now. It's morning still, the females of his family sleeping. He's shaking, the light of his eyes flickering. What in the Nether is that?

He looks at his hands. He's paling. He wasn't sure what he just saw... what he just heard. His heart is racing now. A feeling of fear. There shouldn't be any reason for that. He's happy for now. Happy.

He gets up and makes his way to the kitchen. Time to make breakfast. Time to prepare for the "Love Is In The Air" event. No time for foolishness. Time for love.

The hex..... has made its way to him.

Thirty days remain until.............
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
29 days, he ran off the stage. 28, he couldn't sleep....

Something was wrong.

27 Days Remain...

Everyone noticed Kapre's strange behavior. On the opening day of the festival, he was in a panic in the middle of the auction and ran off. The next day, he couldn't get any sleep at all. Day 3 of the festival, he arrived pale, sweaty, shaking.... his eyes were heavy with rings, and the lights of his eyes grew dim. He was tired......he couldn't stay up.

He passed out. Dr. Galleani recommends he goes home to rest. Panic and fatigue due to stress and lack of familial emotional support. He's telling him to go home. Home to The Love Boat. Everyone agreed. Jof'waz even carried him. They said their hellos and goodbyes. Then Celes came.

Celes..... you don't remember me?

The hex..... has made its way to her. The headaches came and went. They will not stop. More and more, her memory digresses. Recall lost. She could not remember her children. Her mate. Their love. Jof'waz and Raynoltz tried to get her to remember. The troll even made up cover stories. She reacted with fear. The children... she thought they were products of kidnapping. She took them, and Kapre and Ray fell in the water in an attempt to stop her as she boarded her craft. A short rescue was made, and the female fell into the water as soon as the hex struck again.

It will not leave. It has only begun.

She cannot remember....... and her memories are falling further and further back.

I almost lost her once......now I may lose her forever.

Twenty-seven days remain until.............
Spoiler:
OOC Notes: This is not written by real time. I can end the 30 day period within 30 days real time or longer if I chose to. Forgive me if it seems to confuse you.

Kapre... what's wrong with you?

26 Days Remain...

Mahen'tosh knocked on the door with a tray on his arm. Atop of it was a was a warm meal of roasted quail and sweet nectar, ready to eat. He even cooked with spices on the meat. He leans against the door, knocking again, his voice bellowing from the other side. "Kapre? Runt? Come on, now. Let me in, I want to check on you."

"Go away, Mahen."

"Now you're being moody. Don't make me break the door down and smack you with the splints," he says with a chuckle.

The draenei sighs as he opens the door. Despite having rested, he has not gotten any better--his azure skin turns nearly milky white, black rings under his dimmed eyes, and violet hair ragged and mussed. The elder orc nearly dropped the tray, shocked by the sudden change in his friend's appearance. "Kapre! What's gotten into you?! You look horrible!"

"Guess why." The draenei slumps against the doorway, fingers combed over the ridges on his forehead. "I couldn't sleep. Not at all."

"Because of Celes?"

"Because of.... I don't know. Is she still here?"

The orc shook his head. "She left already, I'm afraid. Here, Kapre. Sit and eat. Don't force me to tie you to the chair to feed you. I'll do it, you know."

Kapre narrows his eyes at Mahen'tosh then grins. He chuckles as he wipes his brow. "I am so sorry for this, friend. It should be reversed between the two of us. I should be taking care of you instead."

"You did that alre. Consider the favor returned."

"You said that when Celes turned missing."

The orc grins. "Favors don't end between friends. Now sit down. Let's eat."

Do you remember, my friend?

Spoiler:
Quote:Kapre stood atop of a rolling hill, the wind blowing through the tall, tall grass. The clouds moved, the sun smiling. She was smiling. Mahaala held Saya in her arms, the small, eggplant-colored boy hiding into his mother's silvery hair. The mother and son pair ran up the hill, everyone smiling. Kapre looked down, a sword in hand and a shield in another. He was adorned in armor, a shield on his back. The was shining over them all. They were smiling.

At a distance, they heard yelling. War cries. Swinging axes. The earth thundered, the skies turned red. They were coming, roaring, shouting. Blue blood staining their blades and maces. Draenei begging. Fires started. They wouldn't stop.

He backed away. He froze in place. He was scared.

Kapre? Kapre?

Mahen'tosh stood over the draenei, his beard hanging over the blanching face. His eye is wide, horrified. "Kapre! What's going on with you?!"

"Rakkas orc! Aman kar no z X alar raka shi!"

Lighting blasts from his fists, bolts lighting the lanterns around them. The ship rocked, smoke lifted, the plates crashing onto the floor. Mahen'tosh fell back from the sudden rocking, taken aback from the abrupt attack. His hands lit up in response, his mouth agape as he roared. Kapre swung his fists about, lightning sparking from his hands as he flailed in fury. They fought in the dining hall. Crashes and crunches, chairs breaking and the lanterns breaking. They shouted. They cried.

The babies cried. They were frightened by the fight.

Both men stopped. They came to realized what they were doing. The flames and lightning died down. They looked around. Everything is destroyed. What happened here?

"I'll..... get that," Mahen says, sighing. "You can... um....get the girls."

"....I will."

Kapre climbs up. Mahen'tosh peers over his shoulder, watching his friend leave.

Something is wrong.

What is going on?

Twenty-six days remain until.............
"Boooooossssss, we're back!"

25 Days Remain...

Kapre cringed upon hearing Kantado cry out from below the planks. Upon leaning out, however, he sees that Kenny is bruised up. His cupid costume's pauldrons are scratched, with one of the lights put out, and both his boots were ragged and dirty. "Kantado... what happened to you?!"

"Ran into some trouble at Gadgetzan," the young druid says as his tauren friend Tibalan steps forward from behind. "Apparantly, I was short on one copper for the purchases on those pink ridable rockets for the racing winners. The goblins flipped their shit. I was nearly shot." He pauses as he glanced at Tibalan before he continued. "I tried to fly away in Flight form, but one goblin was sharp enough to net me and throw me in a cage. A strange wandering blood elf had to free me by offering 50 silver 50 copper for my release."

"Where were you this whole time, Tibalan?!" Kapre says in surprise. "Were you not with Kantado?"

Tibalan bowed his head, feeilng rather ashamed for not being present when his kal'dorei friend was attacked. "I....was.... getting....the......rockets....packed. I....am...sorry.....Kenny....was....hurt."

Kapre groaned as he leaned on the railing. Mahen'tosh stepped forward, the two draenei babies sleeping sounding in his arms. "Trouble, Kapre?"

"Not for me. Kantado and Tibalan. Long story short, goblins."

"I'm sorry to hear...why don't you come inside? I'm cooking stew. You'll like it."

The stew boiled warmly as vegetables and bits of beef floated at the surface amidst popping bubbles and rising steam. All of the matchmakers were undressed out of heir costumes, with Kantado in a simple robe and Tibalan in trousers and a poncho. Kapre held Aria and Melodia in his arms as he sat with his employees, the girls wide-eyed and curious over the bracelets they wore. They giggled. They cooed. The two employees smiled as the girls played with their bracelets, Kantado even cooing in unison. They were all playing as the food was becoming ready. Kapre watches them all and smiled.

"Papa.... can you say 'Papa'?" He says. He leans over the girls, his face not far from theirs.

Melodia was the first to attempt. "P...... P- ...P-.."

Then it was Aria. "A-.....A.....A..."

"Papa." Kapre says, slow and soft. "Papa. Papa. Papa. Papa."

"Pa-....pa....pa....Papa."

"They did it!" Kenny says with glee, clapping with the Shu'halo as they congratulated the girls. "They said your name! They said 'Papa!"

Kapre smiled once again, the corners of his mouth liftnig despite his paleness. He turns to the table not far from them and takes hold of a frame photograph. He holds it to the girls. A picture of their mother. Her hair was curled to a bun on top with the rest falling down her back, Celes's smile as bright as Kapre remembers her. She may not be here, but she is still in her mate's heart. "Her, now," the father says. "Ma-ma. Mama. Mama. Mama."

"M-...M.....A-....A..."

"Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama."

"M-..."

"Mama."

Spoiler:
Quote:"Mama?"

Mahaala held her son high in the air, the tiny boy now big enough to speak. She smiled, happy to hear that word escape the child's mouth. "At last! He called me 'Mama'! Oh, Kapre! Saya's first word! Let's have him say 'Papa'. Go on, Saya. Say 'Papa'."

"P-....Pa...."

"Papa," Kapre says as he stood close to Mahaala. He smiled the biggest smile he ever has, his hand close to the child's. "Papa. Papa."

"Pa..."

"Papa."

"Papa." Saya smiled, his tiny hands in the air. "Papa!"

"He's learning so fast!" Mahaala says as she hands the boy to his father. "He can say 'Mama' and 'Papa' now. I'm so happy!"

"I am too."

"Mama....Papa."

Kapre couldn't stop smiling.

Kapre stopped smiling. In fact, he was crying.

"Boss?" Tibalan says with concern. "Are you all right?"

"You're blanking out," Kenny says as well, his head turned to face his boss. "Don't tell me it's happening again."

"...........it is happening again." Kapre stood up, setting the girls down to their crib. He stood up, hastily taking his costume in a dressing bag then a backpack for travelling supplies. "I have to go. I gotta get ready for ther races tomorrow. I must hurry."

"But you're not better yet!" Mahen proclaims as he held up a ladle. "You're even more horrible than ever! I'm going to get Diwaata here to check on you."

The draenei stopped on his tracks. His face of horror returns, but now for an entirely different reason. "No! Don't tell Diwaata about any of this!"

"But Kapre..."

Kapre turns to Mahen'tosh, now bellowing. "She is not to know what's going on! If she finds out, she'll drag her big bubble butt from wherever the hell in Azeroth she is and probably lock me up in a room again! The last time I told her I was ill, that's what she did, and I missed Aria and Melodia's births as a result. No. I am not letting her imprison me under the guise of familial care as a result. I have work to do. She will not lock me up again."

"Kapre, she locked you up because you were infected with fel. We didn't purify Torr's horn well enough. I'm sure she won't lock you up this time."

"You're not calling Diwaata."

"I am calling Diwaata."

"I forbid it!" Kapre shouts again. "I'm fine! I'm absolutely fine! I don't want any letters sent to her telling how ill I am. Do you hear me?!"

"Fine," Mahen says as he rolled his eye. "At least have some stew before you bail."

"I'm going."

"Kapre-"

The draenei races out.

".....you runt."

Tibalan scratched his chin. He looks between his friends then to the tiny children. His eyes lowered, his brows furrowing as his expression saddens. The girls look around at where their father bolted. They were confused.

"................Papa???"

The bull shook his head. He points to behind Kantado's shoulder, where the writing desk is. "Can.....you...get.....me...paper....and....pen....Kantado?"

Kenny blinks. "...Kapre doesn't want us to write to his sister."

"We're....not. I.....am....writing....to....mine."

"......................right."

Twenty-five days remain until.............
23 Days Remain...

The festival was over... but he didn't return home. Not right away, at least. He was glad, though... the business made a lot of money from auctions, tickets, and sales. He'll be paying his employees soon... but right now... back to work.

He thought about Celes. He thought about Aria and Melodia. But he can't go home. Not yet. His heart was heavy with trouble, and he didn't know why. Something is wrong, but he couldn't pinpoint it. He was close, though. Like someone was following him. Something? What could it be?

He turned around. There was nothing... but he felt like he was being followed.

"Whe' to, mon?" A troll mage says as Kapre approached him at the Broken Keel Tavern. Several silver coins were set at his hands, paid by the overworked draenei. Arcane streams formed from his hands as he begins conjuring a spell. The draenei thought hard about where this is going... it's been days since the festival, but he has deliberately avoided Mahen'tosh and his children. What kind of father does that? Kapre would have a lot of explaining to do... but he is not ready for it.

"Dalaran," he says. "I have important business there."

The arcane stream spins, then a picture... a garden. Kapre would see Dalaran on the other side. He nods to the troll with a simple "Loa bless you" as he slips a hoof on the other side. Carefully, he steps the other, then his tail. His backpack hangs over his shoulder as he manages to reach the other side. The portal closes up, staying only long enough for the draenei to walk through. He didn't even have enough time to thank the troll properly.

Loa..... Loa of Love. Heh. Jezzan is no longer fooled... no bother to keep it up.

He went on his merry way, straight for the the Legerdemain Lounge. The blood elf lady waited for him there. Noria Duskbonder... Duskbinder. Whoops. He got her name wrong.

The interview went as planned. She seemed to be fairly aloof, though straight to the point with what she wants... I hope to find her a match, Kapre would think. Sadly, his mind had drifted here and there as the interview went on. Steamy romance... heheh. Who doesn't like that? Kapre surely does... steamy. Romance. Steam.... romance....

No. There is more to him and Celes than just steamy romance... but her words haunted him. "It's like we're pretending to be a couple," she said to him when they saw each other in Ratchet. That hurt. In fact, those words practically stabbed him in the heart. Kapre never doubted her love, nor did he ever doubt his own... but she doubted his.

Now she's gone, forgotten about his own existence. What went wrong?

Oh. Interview. Yes.

A business card. Ms. Duskbinder mentioned she used the Shadow as a means of therapy. Huh. That sounds promising. It sounds different from the typical methods of talk therapy, Light healing, even spirits-based healing... but...Shadow? Would his people approve of this? He's not sure.

But he'll give it a shot. Time to go home.

He goes to the trade district, hopeful to find just any mage who is willing to accept a coin for a quick portal home. As he steps onto the wavy cobblestones, he watches a father scold a boy for hitting his sister. Heh. It's no big deal.... children need to learn not to hit each other. In fact, Melodia will have to learn that biting her sister is not a good way to get more room for herself in the crib. Even Kapre had to learn-

Spoiler:
Quote:--hitting is not the way to go.

"But Diwaata hits me!"

"She shouldn't hit you either."

"You're not punishing her!"

"She is being punished, dear."

"I don't see it!"

"You're not supposed to see it."

Kapre threw a tantrum. He started kicking a footstool, then he grabbed the back of a chair and start thrashing it violently. The Matron didn't like it. She grabbed Kapre's wrist tightly, enough to bruise him a little. She pulls on him hard, the fussy boy screaming and shouting. She then takes him to a corner, where he is forced to sit on his bum. Alone. For a time.

"That's it. No toys, no playtime, nothing for twenty minutes. I don't want to hear you scream, shout, cry, or holler during that time, or I will increase it by five minutes. Do you understand?"

Kapre nodded obediently.

And there, he sat. Twenty minutes is a long time for a child to sit by himself, alone. It was empty. It was dark. It was lonely. He looked up and around for a clock. He can't tell how long he was there. It could have been longer than twenty minutes. Or only five. If he hollered to ask for the time, he'll surely get punished for it. So it's time to sit. Time to think.

Hitting is not good. He'll never hit again.

"Sir? Do you still need a portal?" a mage asks Kapre as she watches him freeze up.

The draenei looked around. How in Azeroth was he able to remember that? For the longest time, Kapre couldn't recall any memories prior to adulthood--that's too far back. He looks down. The mage was awaiting for him. She hasn't summoned a stream of arcane just yet. She was waiting to be paid first.

"No," Kapre says. "I think I'll stay around here for a little bit. Thank you."

He needn't to go far for the mailbox. He readies a letter and slips it inside. Time to rent a room. Maybe a week sounds good.

It's not time to go home yet. Kapre is too afraid to see his children only to flip out again.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:Dear Ms. Duskbinder,

Greetings and hello.

I remember how you stated that you treat your patients via Shadow by manipulating their memories some. Well, I have been undergoing so much stress as of late, my own memories are starting to haunt me. But I do not need this. I hope, perhaps, we can arrange for an appointment.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,

Kapre

Twenty-three days remain until.............
((An OOC notice.

The storyline has been going on in-game, and in general, I've lost all interest and motivation to type down Kapre's thoughts throughout the whole process, even though all I could do is just summarize what went on in-game. Why? To be frank, translating IG RP to IC posts is a lot more time consuming and arduous, as opposed to, let's say, "How the Serpent Lost His Legs", in which the scenarios are coming straight from my head to the word processor.

Now, for those who are reading this because you just wanna get to know Kapre more as a present-day character, or you find yourself genuinely concerned for him because of his curse, feel free to come meet him in-game or at least via Skype or AIM RP. To those who are reading because you just want a good story, well, sorry.

But if you're reading this because you want to know more of Kapre's detailed background, I may or may not write up a more detailed story for the IC forum. If I do, it'll cover Mahen'tosh and Diwaata (and perhaps other Draenor-era folk) as well. In that case, I want to wait until I finish Part I of "How the Serpent" before I get around to Kapre/Mahen/Dia's background story.

I'm very sorry if you're hoping to see a proper conclusion. If you'd like me to, you can go ahead and PM me as a form of request. If I get enough PMs asking me to provide a proper conclusion, I'll just make a summary of events of what happened since Day 7.

Thank you for reading.))

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The days never spoken of... Zenethen 0 873 08-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Ten Thousand Days [Completed] Anski 15 3,024 11-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Anski