The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Briarthorn Fondation for 'The Cure' (No, that's not our name)
Quote:Currently Recruited Researchers & Methods:

Light-Techno: Annabelle Greene
Light Only: ????
Arcane: Reigen
Titanic: ????
Druidic: ????
Shamanistic: ????
Alchemy: ????
Dragon-flights: ????
Naaru: ????
Gods & Higher Powers: ????

Quote:Scientists, Magi, Alchemists, Tinkers, Scholars and the like,

Greetings. Now, I am no scientist. I fancy myself well educated, but I know little of the scientific, magical, or even alchemical arts. What I am is resourceful. While I do not tout a noble-mans wealth, I do have room in my finances to act as a benefactor for any scientific mind who may be interested in perusing a very specific goal that some would call 'impossible'. Even blasphemous. It pains my Light loving heart to think that.

For me to act as your benefactor, I would require your undivided attention on this task. I can provide you lodgings, I can provide you money, and I can provide you security, for I myself am a most capable warrior.

Due to the nature of what I seek, I dare not say here what our goal is. All you need know is: Should we succeed, we will forever change the face of Azerothian politics. We will spit in the face of Life and Death. We will be the salvation of thousands. And the enemies of many many more who dare not abandon their ill gotten 'gifts'.

We will bring a kingdom back from the grave.

My requirements for all inquiring minds is below:

Requirements

~No Affiliations with the Royal Apothecary Society - if it is discovered you have coordinated with them, I shall seek you out with extreme prejudice.

~Experiments will not utilize Shadow and Fel magics.

~Breaking of Laws must be kept to an absolute minimum.

~No sentient test subjects

~Must have intimate knowledge of the Living, Dead, and Undead anatomy.

~Must work in secrecy - it is of vital importance our work not be blabbered out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry on the street.

~Must coordinate with me and respect my wishes.

If we are successful, you may take all the glory you wish. Enjoy any wealth that comes your way. Do as you please.

My only vested interest is in the fruits of your labor. Nothing else matters, not even my personal safety.

Signed,
Sir Anonymous

Greetings CotH! I'm just gonna be blunt here: Clovis seeks A CURE TO UNDEATH!

Quote:Holy crap, are we actually gonna do this?!

Probably not! The only known cure to undeath is the 'Wish' spell of Titanic origin. That comes from the RPG Books, and Blizzard has already flip flopped on the RPG Book issue several times now.

Quote:"It's not canon!"
"It is canon!"
"Wait, no it's not!"
"Ok, well, SOME of it is canon!"
"If I wasn't getting paid for this job, I'd be a bad fan-fiction writer!"

-Metzen

Quote:What exactly do we do then? What do we gain?

For me? This is an excuse for further character development of Clovis.

For you, this is an excuse to actually have your super smart scientist/tinker/mage/alchemist person actually do something productive. Rather than just make up experiments they'e working on at the time. There will be rp between us. Your character is free to persue whatever path they wish will lead them to a cure: Druidic Magics, The Light, Fancy Potions, Study of the Titans, Arcane, Whatever floats your boat! Clovis will be coordinating with your character often, if not in person, than via letters.
Quote:Will we hold events? Is Clovis going to only support one person?

Clovis will support as many researchers as he can get his hands on. I will be more than thrilled to DM any events we can conjure up - securing resources, exploring ruins, performing tests.

Hell, if we get enough people in on this, we could even form a guild!

Quote:How do I contact you?

If you are interested, send me a In Character PM written in the form of a note. Our characters will coordinate through this, arranging a meeting as soon as I am OOCly available.

Feel free to include your OOC questions/feelings/ideas at the bottom of the letter.

Anyway, that about sums this up for now. Feel free to ask any questions here, and I will answer!
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Color me interested. I know the tauren of the Spirit Rise of Thunder Bluff already seek a cure to undeath, so in theeeeory there is possibly something we might can accomplish.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
If you need GM assistance, I can offer Diwaata and Dr. Dino.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(02-10-2012, 12:29 PM)CappnRob Wrote: in theeeeory there is possibly something we might can accomplish.

Nar, but one does not always need to succeed. Sometimes the most affecting stories are ones that don't end on a high note.

On a separate note (and I made mention of this to Clovis via PM) I am actually planning a world event with some relevance. I'll probably pitch it once I finish writing and find someone to drag into it as an aid, though, so this is likely coming first.
Annabelle, of course, will help her purple buddy.

So, where is this request displayed to be seen?

...And the Apothecary Society bit made me snicker.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Reigen will aid via researching/alchemy. It will be very interesting to see how this will turn out.
I am thrilled about all the interest this has garnered so far! I'm sitting here in gamestop at the moment while I wait for my moms train. Ill reply to people in greater detail when I am home around 6pm server.

I should also mention that Cloves is trying to maintain his anonymity, so working with people he knows should be....interesting.
...Er, is this publicly known as The Briarthorn Foundation? Because...I think a number of people only know one Briarthorn...

Clovis isn't good at subtlety.
No. It isn't publicly known as anything. Hence "Sir Anonymous".
Ok. Nice edit to the title, by the way.

Can't wait!
Actually, if you want to use Titanic-ish stuff for some research, Grenalin Coldwind, MAH DORF, is in Storm Peaks ICly and investigating several titanic structures... WE COULD WORK TOGETHER, YES, YES.
(02-10-2012, 04:57 PM)zenethen Wrote: Actually, if you want to use Titanic-ish stuff for some research, Grenalin Coldwind, MAH DORF, is in Storm Peaks ICly and investigating several titanic structures... WE COULD WORK TOGETHER, YES, YES.

Pfft. Ranzel beat you to it!
Fascinating idea. Colour me intrigued. I'm not sure if I have a fitting character to help with it (although I may blow some dust off Stephen, hmm . . . ) but I'll be following this with interest either way. :D

If you're ever in want for player villains to antagonise your fine fellows in an event or small storyline, give me a shout. The Black Harvest appears to be full of people who think undeath is really cool and that life is what needs to be cured.
I plan on having 'Sir Anonymous' begin meeting his new contacts soon. I'll approach anyone who has applied thus far for RP sometime soon, ideally this weekend.
Quote:Currently Recruited Researchers & Methods:

Light-Techno: Annabelle Greene
Light Only: ????
Arcane: Reigen
Titanic: ????
Druidic: ????
Shamanistic: ????
Alchemy: ????
Dragon-flights: ????
Naaru: ????
Gods & Higher Powers: ????