The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Baldur's Intro
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I am a Hardcore PVP player and have been playing wow since it's release date. I started role playing in wow starting in the 2.4.3 patch. Then in WOTLK is when I began my raiding experience. Out of everything I have tried in wow role playing seemed the most fun out of all. I really dislike the typical mary-sue story lines that a lot of people tend to create but I can tolerate it to an extent. I like unique well drawn out character's with just as much originality into the rest of there life.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in Canada and my grandpa and grandma came here from France on a ship called mayflower, maybe you heard of it? I speak English, Hablo un poco de espanol, et bien sur je parle francais. That's English, Spanish and French for those of you who didn't understand.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I played the first Warcraft game on the crappy slow computer's with my army of spear men demolishing those ugly humans. Then I played Warcraft 2 for my PS1 and again went all out with my orcish army of troll beserker's and ogre magi with a few death knights at my disposal. Then I picked up the Warcraft 3 battlechest and again went all out with my orcish army only this time I used beserker's and raiders depending on my situation. Then of course I bought World of Warcraft and my adventure through the world of Azeroth was that much more epic. For the horde!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Well plain and simple I wanted to RP and your's looked more laid out and alive then all the others. I found you VIA Google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Doesn't really matter to me as long as I have a good time and loads of fun role playing. I do however prefer romantic themed role play considering I write a ton of poems and I watch a lot of romance anime I like the whole love genre, but knowing me I will be role playing kingdom RP's till my fingers are bare, but it doesn't really matter to me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Well my favorite race and class is hands down an Undead Rogue, My main was a undead rogue in retail so it would always be my favorite race and class. For role playing however I prefer a blood elf hunter, mage, warlock, w/e class doesn't really matter I usually randomize thing's and create a story line before I enter the game, otherwise I would be staring at the screen all day wondering what color hair I should choose.

What are your expectations of this server?:

fairly high given the amount of time and effort you put into it. At least it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it, you could have just copy pasted everything in all your guides and what not but it doesn't really matter i'll find out soon enough, unless this gets declined in which case I will find out later enough HAHAHA.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

To be perfectly honest I never read any of the rules on any server or game because i'm pretty sure that it's common knowledge. Considering this is a role playing server I would have to guess that you wrote down some role playing rules to go with that like the whole metagaming, godmodding, etc. etc. But just because you asked I will now read your rules, by that I mean skim through them and find the one that appeals to me the most.

I would say the Humility one appeals to me the most because I actually hate being in the spotlight so it's no problem for me to step into the shadows. Most of the time when I RP I tend to listen to what everyone else is doing and tend to not really get all that involved. I love the creativity of another persons mind, after all, I already know what I'm thinking, good rule.

I don't really like the keyboarding skills rule because my grammar is terrible and my spelling is equally matched. Thank god for right clicking all my spelling mistakes. My vocabulary however is vastly superior but I guess if I don't know how to spell any of my word's that I think of it doesn't really help in my role playing a intellectual blood elf mage does it?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A story? is this a actual role playing story for a wow character? alright then.

Alright I will just make up a role playing story on the spot right now so you can see how quickly I can come up with a story line in a short amount of time. We will start by saying he is a Blood elf.....mage, OK so blood elf mage.

Tisk...tisk went the long black hiss, The leg of the arachnid five times my being. red, dark, musky sky. one part too cold, the other too hot. This outlandish wasteland of acid and waste, the filth of the brutal fiends rotting corpses as vultures feed upon thy flesh. The caw of the crow perched on a wooden cross. How far I have ventured through the dark portal, unafraid, and all alone. Damn my search for knowledge as it clouds my judgement, how my selfish thirst for power will be the end of me. I can not go back, I can't bear to go forward. The darkness in my soul consumes me and begins to corrode my flesh like acid. This unbearable pain...must keep moving, can't give up now. Every step I take is another step to my death, if I stop I fear I will collapse. The air seems thinner, getting dizzy, my head is spinning, how much longer can I go on, how much further is it. Almost there now, I am running empty on blood as most of it is left behind on a trail, a trail of bread crumbs for a beast to follow and finish off my weakened state. I see it, my entire reason for venturing thus far, a few more steps and it will be within my grasp. I fall to my knees, but that doesn't stop me, inch by inch I crawl, all I need to do is touch it, touch it and I will be free from this wretched pain, deaths curse will be gone. I fall to my stomach, the pain, the pain is too great, I can't even move. The poison from that damned spider was too great. Damn it all, if only I was poisoned a few second later, I might have....

Well not the greatest or the longest and sorry about the tragic theme I didn't mean to write it, I just saw all of that in my head so I basically wrote what I saw. I didn't write his name because that would be pointless seeing as he's dead now and how short it was as well. I can write a lot better this is like a rough draft.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not really, maybe will you ever upgrade to cata? I don't really care if you do or not since I'm re-installing the wotlk but it would be nice to have two new races too RP with. Also what kind's of RP happen on a regular basis and what can I expect when I start my adventure's? are there any custom housing, or custom guild halls or towns? do you have your own story line for your server where certain thing's change? do you follow only the lore of WOW or can we make certain things up? and if someone is role playing a vampire do i have permission to cut there head off stuff garlic in there mouth and rip there ears out?
Hello Baldur! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

I want to make a note about the Keyboarding rule. As long as you do your best to adhere to grammar rules and spiffy up your spelling, we generally won't complain, hehe. Would you be receptive to friendly pointers or corrections, if there's certain things you feel you're likely to miss up on?

And, whether you have perfect spelling or not won't matter for what character you play. You can play a perfectly fine scholarly character without having perfect language skills. It's all in our imagination either way, so we have to take what we really see and add a fair dose of imagination to that. So I'm sure it'll be fine either way, as long as you do your best.

As for your other questions...

1) Cataclysm.
At the moment, we don't know when we are upgrading. Sometime. Somehow. But not at the moment. And we have no set timeframe for it, either. So we're just going to wait and see until a good core pops up that we can confidently switch over to, so the fiasco with downtime when we switched to WotLK isn't repeated, heh.

2) Regular RP.
Well, most of our regular RP is very circumstancial. It depends on what people feel like doing at the moment, and the general crowd moves to where there's RP at the moment. If there's no RP that interests you at the moment, most tend to stick around the OOC area and just hang out until someone starts up something (or you do it yourself). It's everything between adventure RP, arena RP, tavern RP... It really depends.

3) Custom housing.
Nay, there is no custom housing. Or, no housing in the form of buildings that are reserved by or customized to anyone in particular. All buildings are for open use by anyone and no one can claim a building for themselves. You can say that a building is "your home", but if someone else is there RPing before you get there one day, you have no right to run them off as the building isn't actually yours. It's only "your home" while you're the one RPing in it. There are also no custom guild halls for the same reason as the one above. We haven't built any custom towns this time around, but we have decorated some of the existing ones with stuff like doors or furniture in some buildings that lacked it, and zones like Hearthglen have been opened for RP. So I suppose we have some custom areas, in a way, but not to the extreme.

4) Storylines.
We have storylines going that the players have made up by themselves, and a few by GMs. Nothing truly major, however, besides the Argent Crusade stuff. I believe. You could look around the Storylines forum if you want to read up on more stuff that's going on.

5) Lore.
We follow WoW lore as strictly as is reasonable, with certain leniencies in some areas so to allow more possibilities for RP. What you can make up is very limited by already established lore. You can make up your own concepts within the limits of what we've seen is otherwise possible (and if you have an idea you're not sure about, there's always the "Private Discussion" forum where you can discuss directly with the GM team and they'll give you feedback on your ideas).

6) Vampires.
Kill them with fire. If you ever see one. I haven't seen a single true vampire character in my three years on the server. I might just've been lucky, though! But, vampires are not allowed since there's no playable "vampire" concept established in playable lore. (Even if there was, we probably would kill it with fire on a stake anyway.)

I hope that answers most of your questions!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin
Thank you very much for answering all my question's, and I will probably read up on some of the story lines here to get a general idea of everything and everybody. About the keyboard thing, if only there was a wow add on called RP check or something, that tells you when you've spelled a word wrong. I forgot to ask one more question, do people play horde or alliance more? and can I RP with the opposing faction? if the second question is yes then the first question doesn't really matter to me, but if I can't RP with the opposing faction then I will most likely go to the one with more people.
The two factions can interact with eachother, yes.

And they vary in overall activity depending on what's going on at the moment, so it's hard to say which one is "larger"... ^.^
BLOOD ELVES HUMANS. BLOOD ELVES HUMANS EVERYWHERE.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
In that case I will RP a troll on the horde and a dwarf on the alliance.
A troll. Wise words, good sir.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
I've seen a lot of gnomes and draenei lately, as well as trolls. Actually, I was on a human character and noticed that there were more of either one of those first two than humans, night elves, and dwarves combined!

A lot of it depends on any major individual or group push; the inception of guilds, events, or groups can temporarily sway the balance one way or another. Blood elves, however, tend to be fairly prolific
I figured there would be a lot of blood elves. I made a undead rogue for now just cause i'm so used to playing as one, and got some part's of his story together. I assumed that night elves would be the preferred race. When I RP'd as my Dwarf hunter there were always two or more night elves everywhere I went. Thanks for the Info.