The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Demon Hunter and Friends Changes In
So, this is just officially implementing the stuff in my Blog. Here's the full list of policy changes. (Hopefully one of our Wiki-monkeys will handle any necessary changes in that end.)

1. All profiles which require private discussion approval (Demon Hunters, Felsworn, etc.) now require THREE GM approvals before leaving private discussion.

2. Upon leaving Private Discussion, profiles go into SPECIAL PROFILES and are then approved there.

3. Demon Hunters are now restricted to the following races: Blood Elves and Night Elves.

4. Already approved Demon Hunters will need to submit their characters through the system again. I know, a pain, but we'd like to ensure that everyone playing them is doing so well.

While not new, the usual rules apply for these characters: be a grunt, in other words.

I may be forgetting something, but that's the list for now. Consider DH profiles officially back open, with these new limitations in place.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I have a question: Will characters that have been submitted in the past, but not yet okay-ed fully, be reviewed until they accrue the necessary amount of Okays?

Or do they require re-submission even though they haven't been approved yet?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I would suggest bumping the appropriate priv. discussion thread. That should be alright.
(02-17-2012, 07:22 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: 1. All profiles which require private discussion approval (Demon Hunters, Felsworn, etc.) now require THREE GM approvals before leaving private discussion.

Is there a concrete list of classes other than the two presented (Demon Hunter and Fel Sworn) that will require GM approval? Or is that something that will be decided on a case-by-case basis?
Part of the reason Priv Disc forums purpose is to pass ideas that may or may not be questionable. For now, the only things that are strictly required to be there are Felsworn and Demon Hunters. More things may be added in the future. (In fact, a little bird is telling me that there may be a possible addition to that list coming rather soon.)
This seems to imply that it's now possible to apply for a prestige class via GM approved special profile without doing prestige training. Is that a new policy?
We are working with a variant system, which allows people to roll variant classes (some if not most of which were previous prestige classes.)

Some special classes such as Demon hunters, Arch(X class) and Dragonsworn were taken out, but as you see here we've let Demon hunters back under strict ruling.
It's not a return of the prestige system, because the old CotH interpretation of the prestige system essentially allowed these people to be stronger than the average character. This is just making it more difficult to play some of the more unusual and "out there" concepts, but still possible. But they'll still be no more powerful than anyone else.

A lot of the old prestiges were reinterpreted as variants, this is pretty much covering some of the left-overs.
Thanks for the heads up, Grak!

Following up with a discussion that evolved from one of the demon hunter threads, will there be a general outline of what abilities a demon hunter possesses? There has been a lot of contention recently and something fairly concrete may provide direction. A lot of it tends to be the result of conflicting lore sources, the evolution of the class over the course of a number of games, books, and supplemental material, and the adaptation of personal preference as lore.
I really dislike setting definitive lists of character abilities. This strikes me as both stifling and defeating of the purpose of dumping the prestige system in the first place. Their abilities in the games' flavor them essentially as the melee version of warlocks, so I would keep that in mind. Also, if people are drawing abilities from the d20, that's bad.
i may need the definition of felsworn exactly, but aren't most if not all BE warlocks fel users? Perhaps this is two different things? Please clarify for the less knowledgeable like me :)
All Warlocks are fel-users to a certain extent, but a Felsworn is someone is ingests demon's blood, usually at a high rate, and essentially goes on their way to becoming an all-out demon(this process would take a decent while, I believe, and is not allowed on the server).

http://www.wowpedia.org/Felsworn
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
(02-19-2012, 06:51 AM)Piken Wrote: All Warlocks are fel-users to a certain extent, but a Felsworn is someone is ingests demon's blood, usually at a high rate, and essentially goes on their way to becoming an all-out demon(this process would take a decent while, I believe, and is not allowed on the server).

Actually, I think they just need to be sworn to a demon master.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(02-19-2012, 07:19 AM)c0rzilla Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 06:51 AM)Piken Wrote: All Warlocks are fel-users to a certain extent, but a Felsworn is someone is ingests demon's blood, usually at a high rate, and essentially goes on their way to becoming an all-out demon(this process would take a decent while, I believe, and is not allowed on the server).

Actually, I think they just need to be sworn to a demon master.

Not necessarily. There've been un-bound Fel-sworn in the past, as merely people that took in Fel and it changed them. A Demonic Master is simply the easiest way to explain where they got their training and the blood that they drank.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
The definitive aspect to being a felsworn, as they are now, is alignment with the Legion; transformation into a demon true, be it partial or total, has been forbidden.

...Your baseline warlock, for example, enslaves demons.

A felsworn warlock, however, is enslaved by demons, beholden to an infernal master of their own and receiving minions by Faustian pacts or as "gifts" for good service.

In exchange for this sacrifice of independence, probable blood bond to a master with unfathomable contempt for their existence, and excruciating et cetera...

They get some nifty powers, knowledges, and equipment?

Kind of works like Dragonsworn, truth be told, as they were last restart.

(...While there are felsworn that've gone way of Kael's felblood elves, such require CMC shenanigans.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demon Hunters Kretol 22 4,633 02-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  Fel Sworn and Demon Hunters Krilari 33 7,487 12-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Last Post: LostStranger