The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Beginning
----------------------------------------------------------------------
A Hunt Lost

Soft footed, he weaved threw the trees as he stalked his pray. A short bow strung over his shoulder, the young man was no more then twenty two years old. His hair short, a crew cut, was a dark brown almost black, his eyes shared in the color. He wore a light brown linen tunic which a padded leather vest stepped over it. His slight gut lay rolled over a black leather belt, hung from it was a short sword and a small hunting dagger. A pair of dark breeches and tall leather boots finished his attire. He had been tracking his pray for nearly two hours now, the buck had just come to rest in a small clearing in the forest. He crouched taking his bow from his shoulder and knocked an arrow. The animal was not a large one but would produce enough meat for at least a few days, that was his reasoning anyway. He marked his target as he drew back the bow string back.
"Adran!"
A voice shouted from some where in the trees behind him.
He let loose the arrow as he looked back towards the voice startled. The buck started off in a full out sprint at the sound of the voice and the arrow whistled past the animal. Adran turned his head back to his pray and frowned as he slammed his fist into the ground.

"Blast it, Finiarel!"
His brother Finiarel then came running out from a dense pack of trees. Adran upon seeing his brother bent over both hands on his knees panting. Adran got up from his crouched position and walked over to his brother cuffing him in the back of the head.
"You fool, there goes our meal!"
Finiarel was two years younger then Adran and besides his hair which was shoulder length he looked exactly like his elder brother.
"You darted off like a mad man! I couldn't keep up. Would you have rather me get lost in the woods? I don't know them like you do." Finiarel said in protest, with a huff.
Unlike his brother Finiarel preferred to spend his time in study, this was his first time accompanying his brother on one of his hunts.

"I would think not, seeing as you've always got you head caught in a book." Adran said in a calm voice.
"Never the less now the day is wasted." He said, his right hand moved up to his chin rubbing the stubble.
"Well now come on get up we have a long walk back to camp."
"Can't I have a moments rest?" Finiarel protested again.
"The sun will leave the sky soon, sure you can rest here awhile, if the dark should over take you before you get back to camp, be wary of the wolves and bears."
Adran smirked as he let out a chuckle.
Finiarel rose to his feet,
"Fine, lead the way" a frown upon his face.
"That a boy." Adran took the lead starting their trek back threw the forest to their camp.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new land, a new beginning. TheFungineer 0 979 11-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Last Post: TheFungineer
  A new beginning. ruwendje44 4 1,362 07-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ruwendje44
  Goldrinn - A New Beginning. sunday12321 0 780 08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Last Post: sunday12321