The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Farstriders and Rangers UNITE!
Some of you might have noticed my most recent creation on CotH, Ranger Riael Wyrmsinger that I've roleplayed frequently the last few weeks. He is a farstrider and being the old elf he is have been part of the organization since they were officially formed.

I have OOCly forged some past connections, far back and more recent ones but I feel like this can stand to grow larger. Just like the Blood Knights have an in-game guild there is one for us Farstriders, but that is not what I had in mind. (Just a heads up!) This is NOT a guild post, but rather means for characters that have a common past to connect.

My idea and vision is;
  1. To make a compilation of all characters around that are part of the Farstriders but those that once was part of them.
  2. Form warbands, past ones and current. (3 - 6 in each)
  3. Determine mentor and student for those rangers that weren't around when it they first formed.
  4. Weave relationships, who has fought alongside who, which ranger dislikes which or fancies the other. The possibilities are endless!
  5. And lastly make memories of past glories and battles, the thing I most of all look forward to.
But let us not get ahead of ourselves, lets establish a foundation first. Here is the stuff I think you should post to being with;
Form Wrote:Full Name:
Ranger nickname: (a nickname given for a trait or a feat that also acts like a codename, are formed like tauren adulthood names Wyrmsinger and Bloodletter are two examples)
When he/she joined the Farstriders:
In what conflicts did he/she fight:
( When he/she left their ranks or died: )
(NOTE: The Farstriders were officially formed year -500 but that kind of rangers have been around since the Troll Wars.)

I'm way to motivated to stop now! So another thing that would be of importance are the bands we know of, former and current members.
Warband Wrote:Year or event of formation:
Current members:
Former members:

(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Name: (Ranger Captain/Overseer) Acserin Dawnsend
Ranger nickname: N/A
When he/she joined the Farstriders: Soon after it's foundation. He was a ranger since before and joined up with the organization rather early.
In what conflicts did he/she fight: Not many. He's been very local and only cared for the lands of Quel'thalas, meaning he only spread as far as the current Ghostlands with his operations. Hence, he was only ever involved in the local conflictes and strifes (including struggles against the Trolls). And the Third War, of course, and everything that came with it.

Acserin is also the leader of the Farstrider guild, in-game.
Full Name: Riael Novalight

Ranger nickname: Wyrmsinger

When he/she joined the Farstriders: At their official creation, was taught in the skills of the ranger by his skymistress before that.

In what conflicts did he/she fight: Second War, Third War, sin'dorei events in TFT, the events around the re-lighting of the Sunwell, the war in Northrend from very early on, including the Nexus War.

Mentor(s): Skymistress "Undecided"

Students: Liarin Dawnflame, Amdirion

(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.

Name: Fin'thori Dawnspear

Ranger nickname: Fin

When he joined the Farstriders: Year 6

In what conflicts did he/she fight:

Sacking of Quel'thalas (Second War)

Invasion of Draenor

Burning Crusade

Nexus War

When heleft their ranks: One year ago.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Very cool idea.

Name: Anaiya Sorrowleaf

Ranger Nickname: Trollbait

When she joined the Farstriders: Year -90

In what conflicts did she fight: Second War, Third War, Burning Crusade events concerning action against Kael'thas's forces, SSO raid on the Sunwell Plateau, War against the Lich King.

When she left their ranks: In the weeks following the fall of Silvermoon. Conflicts after the Third War may have been fought alongside Farstrider forces (like the Sunwell Plateau).
Warband Wrote:Year or event of formation: A few years after the organization formed.
Current members: Riael, (Quennath)
Former members: Jidaeo, Lhindiel, Amdirion, Colphan

Spoiler:
Lhindiel, Amdirion, Colphan are all NPCs that I've created for stories. Do you want these part of something somewhere else, let me know. They are all dead.

Full Name: Amdirion "Undecided"
When he joined the Farstriders: Undecided.
In what conflicts did he fight: At least in Northrend, Nexus War.
When he died: Caught in a magical explosion during the Nexus War, killed instantly.

Full Name: Colphan "Undecided"
When he joined the Farstriders: Undecided.
In what conflicts did he/she fight: At least during the Scourge Invasion during the third war, before they reached Quel'Thalas.
When he died: Died outside Andorhal around the time the city and Stratholme fell.

Full Name: Lhindiel "Undecided"
When she joined the Farstriders: Undecided.
In what conflicts did she fight: At least in Northrend, Nexus War.
When she died: Caught in a magical explosion during the Nexus War, killed instantly.

I do not have a Belf, but now I would like one. This idea is pretty awesome!
[Image: Lirshar_zpscaa814f0.png]
(03-01-2012, 06:00 PM)ChampionMouse Wrote: I do not have a Belf, but now I would like one. This idea is pretty awesome!

Hehe, you are very free to join awesome rodent. I'd suggest you try and fill in a gap in the connections people describe, if you want to. Like a missing slot in a warband, a mentor or student and maybe even a presumed dead ranger coming back?

Oh CotH, don't slow down on me now?!
I know there are more rangers out there; Liarin, Alandris, Quennath, Faelara, Jidaeo and/or Vega Tialis.

Name: Faelara Sunsong

Ranger name: Fae

When she joined the Farstiders: 23

In what conflicts did she fight: N/A

When did she leave ranks: 24, after she lost her eyesight in an ambush by the Scourge.
Full Name: Ranger Captain Meline
Ranger nickname: Mel
When he/she joined the Farstriders: Roughly 600 years ago.
In what conflicts did he/she fight: Third war, second war, had a skirmish in the first. Was in the first siege on the Frozen Throne, in the joint forces between Kael'Thas, Illidan, and Lady Vashj. Participated in some Northrend battles. Currently active in the campaign in the Ghostlands.

Full Name: Tyesh Ashwalker
Ranger nickname: N/A
When he/she joined the Farstriders: About a century.
In what conflicts did he/she fight: Third war, second war. Patrols Eversong.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Name: Askari Ambershine

Ranger Nickname: Sawbones

When did she first join the Farstriders: Year -95

What conflicts did she fight in: Various skirmishes and brushfire wars against the Amani remnants and then the Second War, mainly serving as a combat surgeon through both.

When she left their ranks: In the immediate aftermath of the resolution of the Second War in Quel'thalas, when she was recovered from an Orcish interrogation awfully crippled and disfigured.
Full Name: Krian Duskbinder
Ranger nickname: Junior (Served in his grandfather's warband. After he died, Krian took over after the next commander proved to be an idiot and nearly got them all killed.)
When he/she joined the Farstriders: 20.
In what conflicts did he/she fight: Second War, Third War, Wrath of the Lich King(( Dunno the name for that one! ))
When he/she left their ranks or died: When the Blood Knight order was formed, he swiftly applied and joined their ranks.
Full Name: Liarin Dawnflame
Ranger nickname: None, yet.
When he/she joined the Farstriders: A few years before the second war.
In what conflicts did he/she fight: Second war, third war. Now patrols Eversong by her own.
[Image: tumblr_mhvoxjHaqC1rzearvo2_500.gif]
Casually humorous
Quote:Full Name: Lynda Sunsong
Ranger nickname: Nomad (Lone wolf and skilled at mounted archery)
When he/she joined the Farstriders: Creation, was a solo ranger prior
In what conflicts did he/she fight: Second War, Scourge of Lordaeron
When he/she left their ranks or died: Still active.

Notice: Lyn is a WIP side character for the Song of the Sun storyline. She's yet to be RPed, and is a collaborative character between me and Immy.

BUT THERE YOU GO.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.