The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Bandwagoning
So uh.

I just noticed that two days ago was my two year anniversary here.

And I've still never done one of these threads.

Better late than never though, I suppose.

I never saw the point originally, to be honest. "I don't really need to see 'that was good, keep it up!' or 'Your character's cool. /nod'. It doesn't help me improve, so what's the point?" was my line of thinking. I've become a bit more open-minded, and less abrasive (hopefully), than I was when I started here, and I've realized, from critiques on my writing and such from other mediums (including working in customer service), that I'm interested in what people have to say, specifically in the negatives more than the positives, but I certainly value both.

I've never been terribly active, either on the forums or in game, though I'm hoping to rectify both once my schedule frees up (can't happen soon enough). But, until then...

You know the drill. Me/my characters/my writing (which is slipping in quality, I'm disappointed to say, but my two IC threads are Reflections of a Weary Soul and Seething Shadows, chronicling the (mis)adventures of my two most active characters.)

Speaking of...character list.

Anaiya: My oldest. Belf hunter. She's had two IC birthdays, which makes me smile. She's changed so much since I rolled her.

Zalthiel: Still an Evil Witch. Lots of things have changed with her (including allegiances, several times), but never that.

I'd call these ones my less active characters, but that would imply the above two are active. Which they're not. But anyway;

Oberoth: Oldmangoat. RP'd him all of...twice? Three times? But he's here for completeness's sake.

Aharu: Unlucky moocow. I'm more mean to him than I usually am to my characters (I'm horrible to Anaiya), but he's been fun to play.

Kairos: My (Word Bearer) orc Felsworn, whom I've RP'd all of once, which is incredibly disappointing. I have speeches written for him and everything. This is more of an advertisement than a feedback request for him, really. I'd really like to get him involved in something. He'd be a great PR rep.

So...yeah, fire away, if you like. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Well, I could idly banter about how much flaws you have until the day is through, but that would just leave a sour taste in your mouth. Keep in mind good criticism acts as a mean of encouragement, to know that you can go ahead and roll on, feeling secure.

I'll be brief, because the bush has been beaten around enough.

The good - Your characters have always interested me, and they always seemed to have a good motivation to them. Round and wholesome personalities, so to say. Your plotting with Zalthiel was part of my own inspiration down the path of villainy, and I always found it admirable how far you could pull off each scheme. Out of character, you're a pretty cool guy and fun to just idly talk about and plan with.

The bad - You seem to always corner yourself away in seclusion, only speaking when spoken to. This creates an air of unease about you, which kind of seems to act as an isolating factor. A great deal of the time with Zalthiel, you left her without any useable weakness, being immune to any psychological effect and being a cold calculator at all times. It felt as if it was made to make her invulnerable to the usual downfall of a villain.

To sum - You're a good roleplayer, and an excellent friend. But your seclusion and lack of socializing makes you a bit secluded and hard to reach. Your grasp of a good villain seems to be distorted to that of the most -efficient- one. I think that could use some ironing out.

Cheers, for another year.

*Raises glass*
Yay! I must get in on this!

Anaiya - Anaiya is the character I've most RPed with, having been guildies with you for most of my time here on CotH. I've always loved her depth, her story, and her stoic demeanor. She has an excellent blend of steely gaze mixed with a big heart when she wishes to show it.

Zalthiel - As we've extensively discussed her in the past, and I haven't RPed with her much since we did, I won't beat the dead horse here XD

Aharu - I love Aharu. The poor guy can never catch a break, and you play it off so entertainingly. I need to bother him on Penandion and Diby more.
Not sure if it's considered crass or not to comment on my own thread (in my class reviews we generally shut up until everyone is done talking about your work), but:

(03-29-2012, 11:59 AM)Psycho Wrote: The bad - You seem to always corner yourself away in seclusion, only speaking when spoken to. This creates an air of unease about you, which kind of seems to act as an isolating factor.

I was wondering about this. It stems from the issue that I, more often than not, will just log in to OOCC, then alt tab and get some work done, whether it's writing a paper/studying notes/what have you. I'll tab back in every so often to see if I've been pinged, but like you said, I generally don't initiate contact if I'm working on something (which is quite frequently the case). Granted, if I'm that busy, I probably shouldn't log in at all, but if I only logged in when I had nothing to do...I'd never log in at all, heh.

It's kind of funny how that turned out, actually. I originally thought idling there would make me more approachable, not marking me as someone that only logs in to RP with a select few and then logs right back out, but uh...seems it didn't work. Well, food for thought.

Thanks for the feedback, you two. Much appreciated.