The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Crew
The Crew

[Image: Fight_over_a_gambling_gameSteen.jpg]

Quote:You just got off the Tram from Ironforge, doing a hard days work peddling your wares. You're covered in soot and grease, the hazards of someone in your profession. You're not looking for a fancy place to get some food, but more of a place that has that certain atmosphere... and no dress-code. You look at a few bars, nothing special. They all feature Dwarven ale, and some even some crappy elf junk.

Till you get to "The Growling Rat Resthouse". You look at their sign. First thing you see is the drink special, "Trollpiss". You cock an eyebrow, now slightly more interested, and pan your eyes downward to the menu. Gruel, fancy gruel, slops sandwich, and grilled pork-snout. You smile, thinking that this is the place for you, especially noticing the bikes parked out front.

You walk in the door, and immediately the smell hits you. It's not a disgusting smell, but one of a damned good BBQ, actually. And strong, strong liquor. You look around, seeing some fellas drinking, singing, and notice a lot of them have on the same tabard. A friendly place! A bar where people actually know eachother, and well.

You go up to the counter, and a man with a red head, and red goatee looks in a cup, spits in it, and wipes it out. You nod.

"Troll piss and snouts, please." The man smirks at you, going and filling up a glass with almost every combination from the taps, taking the time to stir it with a bar of soap. He sets it down infront of you, and you take a whiff. You almost fall off your chair, but still maintain the courage to get it past your nose, and down your throat.

It burns like hell, and does taste like piss. Next comes the snouts, smothered in some sauce. You dig in, and find that it's darn tasty. You finish your drink. That's all you remember before waking up.

You stammer, and stutter about the good food, before noticing you're in a circle chalk outline, with a bunch of people cheering. Across from you, is that same Redhead. He's walking around you, fists up. BAM! One hits you right in the face! You react quickly, putting up your own fists, tossing in the ol' one two! You strike him, and draw a bit of blood! The crowd cheers, and you feel exhilarated. This is fun! And the alcohol makes it so it only hurts a lot, instead of making you reel in pain!

You sidestep his next two blows, starting to work on the crowd yourself. However, the man takes advantage of it, and sends you on your butt with a sucker punch. The rooms starts to spin, and you white out.

The next morning, you wake up in a nearby alleyway. A rat chews on a piece of paper that sat on you, along with a gold piece. You take the letter away from it. On it is scrawled...

"Welcome to the crew, mate. Come back again, we'll give you a shirt. Remember, what happens in Growling Rat's basement, stays there."

You smile to yourself, then spit out a tooth.

"Aww chyeah, I'm a regular now!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q's that I think will be FA'd.

What is the crew? It's a guild run by Rensin Redjaw, that operates out of the tavern in the Dwarven District. The aim of the Crew is to enjoy life, by excess and violence. This is a guild that loves to drink, eat, fight, and oogle ladies or visa-versa.

Sounds okay, but, aren't you not allowed to claim areas? Welp, to a degree. If other people are in the tavern, RPing it as some random location, we cannot go in there and say that it's our tavern and they have to do things our way; basically first come first serve. That is the location we will try to set ourselves up in, however we -have- to share it with the server. This is a rule of the guild, which I'll get into later.

What's the point?
To hang out, and teaparty, but without the tea, and throwing in basement fistfights. I will have jobs available, (Including a manager position! Details coming up next.) give awards for the fighting, try to set up a betting scheme, and even try some events that could pertain to the crew, depending on how things go.

So, about that manager position... Officially, I'm the head of the guild along with Cressy. What I need the manager for is to run things along side us, such as coming up with events, tending to the patrons, recruiting, managing other aspects of the guild, -whathaveyou-. I'm looking for this because I'm -often- busy, and though I'd like to see this guild made again, I know for a fact that I can get overwhelmed by IRL issues, so I think this is a solution that could help Cressy and I.

Great! So how do you hire people? We'll have IC applications. In all cases, we'll judge the character based -not- on experience, but actual IC personality, and fit for the guild. The manager position, we may have to take other things into account, such as who the person is OOCly, and how active they are. As much as that might stink, it's to preserve the guild long-term.

Isn't there a risk of having such a thing in Stormwind? It's a fightclub.
It -is- a risk! That's part of the fun. The Crew is subject to C&D letters, inspections, and even possible forced closings for weeks at a time, something that can hurt business. That's why there will be some IC rules to enforce how matches will go, and where they happen.

Where do I sign up? In game. Meet me, or Cressy in game. I'll post more details here when we get a larger Crew together, and designate recruiters and let you know who the Manager is.

With that all said, da rules!

1. This is not a "Let's burn Stormwind" guild!

What? Rensin doesn't wanna raze Stormwind? There is a disturbance in the force! What this means, is that the intent of this guild isn't to cause problems for other humans. While we are doing things that are "Illegal", I'd rather it skirt the laws than outright smash them to pieces. You can get kicked out of the bar if you do something rediculously illegal.

2. No fighting in the bar area.

I know! The picture above suggests otherwise, but hey, you thought it was cool! Don't lie!

This is something I should have monitored better in the past. All fights -need- to be in the basement, or specified locations outside of the bar such as non-populated areas. The reason for this is strictly IC... a guard hears a loud rowdy bar, he's gonna check it out. Chances are that if the fight is in the basement, it won't be -as- loud, and while it's still a risk it's less of one due to that.

3. No fights will be held without Rensin, Jean, or the Manager being online, and on the character to officiate/run things.

Simply put, would you want people doing this stuff in a place you own when you aren't there? No. I may designate "Officiators", or the manager will, when we get more members. Till then, this is the official rule.

4. There is no Crew.

How fightclub! But, really, this is a smart rule. Going around bragging about how cool it is to have fistfights in the bar is a great way to get us noticed by guards, and would the the fast lane to getting inspections quickly. You want to invite a friend to the guild? ...Take him to the bar! He'll find out what it's like on his own.

5. After all fights, the dispute is settled.

Dude stole your girl, and you wanna punch him a bit? Fine, do the fight, and get it all out. Afterwards, it's settled. You got your punches, and so did he. You both have officially made up in the Crew's eyes, and anything else is just whining or bitching!

6. IC fights -must- be consented to, and discussed beforehand.

This is probably the ONLY OOC rule I'll have, considering that I assume you're going to follow CoTh's standard rules. But! When you are going to have any fight, discuss it with the person first. Make sure you know the rules you agree to. Is it trust? What are the types of rolls? Are their crits? The only thing I really want people to stay away from, especially if it's trust... is having a pre-determined winner. I don't want to hear how you're prestige has the upper hand. If that's the case, I don't think would want some big strong owning badass taking all the glory from his guild. This Guild is about -everyone- involved, so I want everyone to have a fair chance.

Types of fights.

This is the final section of this post. There are going to be a few different types, and all revolve around fist fights and brawls.

Title fights:
These fights are for the "Title" within the guild of "Belt Holder". What belt is yet to be determined, but there are perks associated with this. ICly, you drink for free, and obviously have bragging rights. Even to Rensin. Right to his face. Yeeeah.

These fights will be heavy betting ones, however any and all odds may be complete BS, since I suck at math.

Anyone can challenge the Belt Holder, as that's how these matches are started. However, you -have- to be a member of the Crew to do this, not some random patron who wants to walk off back to Hearthglen with our belt!

Random bouts:
Someone in the guild pissin' you off? This is a guild where it's fine to end these disputes by shattering the other dudes jaw. These fights also have bets, however it's more of a "on the side" scenario. Since these are often random, there's nothing really official about it. Keep in mind the rules, however, as you need one of the heads to be present, and also keep in mind that -after- the bout your debts are settled.

Prize fights
: These are event ran fights, that will feature prizes such as gold and items. Prize fights -can- be held as title fights, if the champ is present, and will be reserved as the last fight of the night. This will be the fight where I will try to get the best odds together, and see if I can't put out some big payouts for when the underdogs win.

"Cage" matches:
While there may not exactly be a cage, this is a every-man-for-himself sort of fight. These fights are rare, as they are hard to put together OOC, but it will be an event match like the prize fights... the winner of the multi-man brawl will receive prizes. This is the -only- brawl where there will be more than two people involved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final words.

Okay. So, I'm looking forward to see what kind of response I get here. I want to have fun with this guild, as it's intended to be nothing more than a glorified tea party, as I stated before. I want you lot to have fun as well, and understand... this is for whoever wants to join. This guild is about you. The glory is attainable, and losable. I'll reserve more space for this as well, when we work out a job-list!

Thanks to everyone who wishes to help/join!
Jobs!

Manager: To be determined.

Head Cook: Jean (Cressy)

Bartender: Piken (Piken! Duh.)

Assistant Cook: To be determined

Waitress/Drink Wench: Celesia (Killazer)

Greeter: Pygan (Sersay)

Busboy/Busgirl: Stanley (Kenshiro)

Bookie: Eradion (DaveM)

Healer/Nurse/Doctor: Victoria (Krilari)
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Starting to hire people in game, while on Rensin I'll be posting in LFG about the pamphlets around town, that indicate that the hiring process is currently underway. If you see me on 'Sin, and -didn't- see me post about pamphlets, feel free to whisper me and I'll get you all interviewed. I -won't- be hiring every person I interview, hehe.

So! See you lot in game.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Reserve me the bartender! Just for a little bit until I get things straightened out. D:
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Are Rensin and Jean the ones in the Crew waaay back, or are they reset to a Crew-less time?

Also: Krent, right?

Also: Can has >1 bartender, non?
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Well, Sin's been retconned, and so has Jean, so, this is a whole new crew. Rofupi is actually not involved with it at this point.

As for the bartender? Come in and apply! There's a lot of positions still available.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I might throw my gilneas in this! Well, one of 'em. It all depends on the job he's gonna get.
But again, my damn GMT might get in the way. So it all depends on that. Again!
Three positions avaialable. Cressy and I will work out a plan for some sort of "Grand opening event" if possible. I'm thinking the initial Prize/Title fight, for the belt.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

The Gnawed Rat has been foreclosed! Due to lack of interest, and no solid customers, the bar has gone under, and to pay off the bank, Rensin let them take the bar.

Guild will be disbanded.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△