The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Strawhats!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1CRXqaOFTGXNGz0ydWVK...Si20FZ1pi7]

Across the sea. That's where I plan to go. If your willing, help me conquer this sea. Help my name go down in history, and with it, your own shall as well. We are pirates by heart, warriors by name. Let the Strawhat's be remembered as the most powerful crew in history!

==OOC==

The guild itself is purely comical. If you know the manga, you know that it's rarely serious, and completely hilarious. The reason behind this post is to fill the roles that the manga has. I shall form a list here on who is who, and once it's filled, we shall rp to our hearts content.

There are no devil fruits, so were adapting most of this to WoW lore. Each character has a specific class and race.

Mind you you do have to be on the same playing time. Mine happens to be around 12 noon server time, so then would be best. The current list (Including pictures of the crew) are as following.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRchvY-zSzLsP9dMjKuk7M...Vub41dm0Bg] Luffy-Captain (Human warrior)- KageAcuma

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbyxUSJgT_JqIwrg3U5jN...uK9uZb9LeA] Nami-Navigator (Goblin, No specific class)- (I forgot her username, but she should be accepted once she goes about making the intro)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh1A6RiTBadKdcn5y9TNP...ltpDgp3xHA] Brook-Musician (Undead, Warrior)- (My brother. He's trying to make a profile, but he wont until he gets his own computer again. He doesn't need to be played right of the bat)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6xZ8aeLB0rg_pHRs7Zq-...8xmRkzMTjw] Zoro-Swordsman (Any race, warrior. Don't expect to use the third sword)- (sabRZ1)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4PQ-vslfmpdwCDdUsydv...mtw30SXj40] Sanji-Chef (Any race, any class)- (wsemler)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB7f4SakVwfwHPA32HlEg...6shtavNkQQ] Chopper-Doctor (Tauren, Druid)- (Unfilled)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4zdo4-kRTqMZk82aaH3w...Oz3Z2ySxNw] Franky-Repairman (Gnome, any class)- (Unfilled)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgINWp6rfY9ni3GgJ0Jxw...tE-dv3P2oA] Usopp-Sniper (Any race, Hunter)- (unfilled)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQotrKCoxkkVppuRxMyUJu...bLyulwCerQ] Robin- Archaeologist (Any race, Any class)- (unfilled)

Feel free to PM me or whisper me ingame on Krest. I hope ta fill this out, it'll create quite the interesting rp. And for those who are thinking about the fruits, we're simply replacing them with a weapon usage. Save for Brook. Undead kinda fits his fruit anyway.
Well..

I... ah...

Good luck?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(04-13-2012, 06:29 AM)Xigo Wrote: Well..

I... ah...

Good luck?

I'll say thanks :o It's an anime thing. If you've read one piece and ignored the bad artwork you could see where I'm getting at.
I must be one of the few who liked that series' artwork, then.

It's not bad. It's different.

... Though let's not go off-topic.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
.. Wow, two are filled! (Whodda thought right? Seems so unorganized.. But anyway!)
So. This is... effectively one-piece RP? But uh, just translated to WoW?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm a big freakin hardcore fan of One Piece. Mansopp Usopp is love.

But quite honestly, the world of One Piece calls for zany action in epic proportions--something which may not be WoW compatible (it's zany and epic for other reasons). Or just COTH compatible.

That's just me. I wouldn't mind if this takes place outside of COTH. And in that case, dibs on Usopp.

Or Brooke. Gotta love skeletal dirty old men.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(04-13-2012, 09:03 AM)Rensin Wrote: So. This is... effectively one-piece RP? But uh, just translated to WoW?

It's exactly that. Personality wise, their the crew, but fighting wise, similar, but realistic to WoW.

(04-13-2012, 10:57 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: I'm a big freakin hardcore fan of One Piece. Mansopp Usopp is love.

But quite honestly, the world of One Piece calls for zany action in epic proportions--something which may not be WoW compatible (it's zany and epic for other reasons). Or just COTH compatible.

That's just me. I wouldn't mind if this takes place outside of COTH. And in that case, dibs on Usopp.

We're going to -try- to make it Coth compatible. If we can't off site it is, and perhaps we'll make our own crew instead right?

(04-13-2012, 10:57 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: Or Brooke. Gotta love skeletal dirty old men.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO218b_X11BCHu9-oFwB9...krQTuk-9sj]

-edit-

Gah, it's tiny. It says 'is a pervert' below Grim Reaper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNyP3uzgRhA

(04-13-2012, 10:57 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: I'm a big freakin hardcore fan of One Piece. Mansopp Usopp is love.

Or Brooke. Gotta love skeletal dirty old men.

I'm with IMAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN on dis wun. While One Piece is awesome, taking anything directly from one medium and trying to adopt it into another just doesn't...work. You can make a pirate crew, and you can have 'em be about going on advenshures, but lifting specific arch types / cast-members from One Piece and molding those characters around them just doesn't sit well with me. I dunno what it is.

So dats mine 3,00,000 belli.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Keep in mind that the staff recently nixed a recent guild and character concept that was based on another medium. While part of the issue was that the concept didn't translate well into the Warcraft universe, there was some concern with the idea of plagiarism since the original concept wasn't the player's. I think that the stance maintained was that being inspired by something from another medium is very different from porting it over.
Well, I'll try what I can. The names wont be the same, and the fighting styles, similar. Personalities shall though, seeing as though it would be fun to play.
(04-13-2012, 02:10 PM)Piroska Wrote: Keep in mind that the staff recently nixed a recent guild and character concept that was based on another medium. While part of the issue was that the concept didn't translate well into the Warcraft universe, there was some concern with the idea of plagiarism since the original concept wasn't the player's. I think that the stance maintained was that being inspired by something from another medium is very different from porting it over.

That was the issue, yes.

But converting central ideas of pre-existing work into the WoWverse? Even Blizzard does this.

But bear in mind the difference between paying an homage or borrowing pre-existing ideas is not the same as plagiarism. I do warn, however, against full-out ripping off. There were instances where I spotted a certain player playing her characters as if they're Zelda goddesses, even though they are WoW-translated.

If you want a One-Piece styled adventure where characters are based off the central Strawhats, I encourage borrowing the central idea... but not outright playing the characters in WoW skins.

Either way, I still would rather not have this take place within COTH. I'm not outright discouraging the spirit of the idea, though. Because the idea of playing an Usopp or Brooke-styled character is rather fun (though I must admit... Arnaldo is sorta a depressing version of Brooke, down to his spry agility and fencing skills).
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Fair enough then. This can easily become a Skype rp. Just add Kagetheshadow (hurr hurr for redundancy) and we can set this up.
So, no rolling a Blood Elf running into people houses, throwing their pots against walls while rooting through their dressers, and going out to tall grass and spinning in a circle while going "YEEEAH CHYEEEAH!" either? Damn, and I already had the profile written. Leenk will have to wait, I guess!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Where is curly brows? ;o