The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Feedback for Hawk. Round 2.
/shamelessly joins bandwagon

I figured I should maybe make a thread and see if I'm doing anything lately that's making people want to rip out their hair. Or if you're absent of hair, your... ears? Anyway, this one's less focused about event hosting and more about my characters, and to a lesser extent, myself as a player. But I'd rather have feedback on characters than myself.

So here's a list of characters.

Tzekel
Mokaku
Draknir
Lladimore
Navares
Zetugo
Kargus
Krohn
Ulysses

I have a couple of others, but they're used so little they're not really worth mentioning. So yeah. HIT ME. In particular I'd like feedback on Tzekel, as I'd like to keep him for as long as possible. He's hit a dry spell since Kidnapped as everyone who goes to Hearthglen is at the event, so he might make more appearances once the event's concluded.

I'd also like any feedback about myself. That's about it really.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
6.5k posts and still a nub!

AHEM. Well, I don't think I've ever given you feedback on anything hawk. Honestly, I think that's because I don't know what to say about you. In the many, many years I've known you I don't remember ever really RPing upfront with you, or I have and I never realized it was you. You act so funny on the forums, that it's interesting that you play your characters so seriously. That's actually a good thing, as I tend to fall into the category where I speak seriously in the forums, but become silly with my roleplay.

As for Tzekel, I haven't had any interactions beyond the "Oh God, what is that? Is that a troll? Why is everyone hugging on it?" reactions, so I'll touch on that a little. It's wierd to me to see people so friendly with the giant, even if he is himself friendly. That's less a criticism on how you play him however... and more how those seem to treat him. You'd think the reaction for a long while would be fear and ignorance considering he's so different from the norm, but more often than not I see him in the middle of a group of ladies who treat him as if he's a cute widdle pet of sorts. To me, it's almost surreal. It's like hugging on a hippo or a tiger that's a bit passive, while the rest of the world is like "Why isn't that on a leash" or "When will it maul that lady". Granted, he's not feral and has emotions, so, from what I observe I could be seeing a fairly complex relationship that's had a wide span of time to build up the trust involved in such matters.

BACK to the original topic! I think you are a nice guy, who likes to make jokes here and there. Sometimes, I think you use things in a manner to irritate people though, without knowing it. I used to feel this way when you had prestige classes, like when we both had arena characters, or like when you point out now that you have a high post count. I understand that you do it jokingly, but after a while those things can come off as... bragging. I do it too, I know, with the whole "I'm an oldie, kiss me!" type stuff, but again it's just something I observe.

Don't take it to heart though. All in all I think you are one of the people that attracts others to RP, and everyone that's had long-term interactions with you seems to treat you as if you are an integral part of the server, kind of like a brother to the family. It's neat to see people treat you like that, as it shows a lot about your character.

Anyhow, I hope this is helpful! It may come off as random bits, but I'm hungry, tired, and waiting for a tornado! Sorry I couldn't formulate my thoughts better.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm now going to take apart your post quote by quote and tell you how you are wrong in every way.

Well, not really.

But it's true, you know. We've never really directly had our characters interact, which should change. I think I've got a character that could join The Crew and all!

Regarding Tzekel, I've sometimes thought the same thing. I find it both strange and hilarious. I don't know if it's just because of the character itself that makes everyone "D'aww" that more people aren't scared of the big ugly lug, but I just roll with it. It gets him RP, and at the end of the day that's really want for him, hehe. I actually get more of a kick out of people who are terrified of him than the ones who melt over him, but I still welcome the silliness that surrounds him. It's fortunately not strayed over to the outrageous yet.

I will take note of the accidental bragging, though. I was actually wondering to myself "Am I coming off an ass there?" the other day, but I just naturally do it for a laugh rather than to rub it in people's faces. I'm generally a mellow guy (I'm told), so I didn't really linger on the thought too much.

Maybe I subconsciously do it to COUNTER THE BAD ROLL JOKES. /rageface

Quote:All in all I think you are one of the people that attracts others to RP, and everyone that's had long-term interactions with you seems to treat you as if you are an integral part of the server, kind of like a brother to the family. It's neat to see people treat you like that, as it shows a lot about your character.

This made me smile.

Thanks a lot for the feedback 'Sin! It was defninitely helpful, and I greatly appreciate it.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Yeah, you need to borrow Rensin's darn lucky rolls for like a month to dispel those jokes.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

You've no idea what it's like maaaan!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Feedback for Hawk. Specifically, Camp Mojache. Hawk 6 1,227 11-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun