The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Just.. Hate..
Below is my feelings on this absence. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
YOu ever get that feeling in you? You know, the one where the people you live with are total pricks? And then they start blaming you for things that they themselves don't understand? Well, just so happens that that's what I'm going through. I may be 18, but I'm stuck in my parents house till I get the money to move out, and that'll take some time. My mother, a total b***h, thinks that she knows everything about computers and the internet and assumes that because her download is taking quite some time (Downloads take time no?) that it's my fault. her answer to it all? Block my WoW. For what reason? One she herself doesn't understand. When a download takes time to download, it's cause the fucking thing is a large fucking download and it takes fucking time to download it.

Sadly, this means until she
Spoiler:
Gets that fucking giant stick out of her fucking ass
has a clear head, I'm not able to go online. I'll still be on skype, and on the forums, but today is my last day. Sorry mates.
...To your mother's defense, WoW does take up bandwidth that could be used to speed up said download.

My advice? Chill out, mang. CoTH will be here when you get back, I know it's frustrating but such is the way things go.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

No, it's just she likes to try and control everything about me. This is one of two escapes I have, and Rae is in Florida right now so I can't go see her.
...Not that I'm a GM and can call people out for this kind of thing buuuut...

While it does suck that this happened and you'll be missed, I think it might be wise to think about directing the conversation away from your mother.

We await your return! Shame the One Piece attempt was cut short. Seemed fun.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Runsanfaise, my bandwidth is only 420 kb/s wide.

When I run WoW and have a download on at the same time, the download caps at 400 kb/s. Which means WoW barely drains 20 kb/s of data, if even that much, because backround programs nom up bandwidth as well.

But yeah. 'S kinda' silly. I remember back when I was in fifth grade, my folks'd threaten to take the PC's cables away. /snicker. In the end, they didn't.

Chill, walk around a little, do some stuff in the real world. I usually take long walks(I love long walks/hikes) when my 'net's borked. She'll come around. They all do, eventually.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I don't think I'd have much interest in running the Freewind Gypsies without you so I may go to another guild if we can't get it up and running ICly.

Hope you get into a better situation soon. Sorry you have to deal with this.
(04-14-2012, 02:02 PM)flammos200 Wrote: Runsanfaise, my bandwidth is only 420 kb/s wide.

When I run WoW and have a download on at the same time, the download caps at 400 kb/s. Which means WoW barely drains 20 kb/s of data, if even that much, because backround programs nom up bandwidth as well.

But yeah. 'S kinda' silly. I remember back when I was in fifth grade, my folks'd threaten to take the PC's cables away. /snicker. In the end, they didn't.

Chill, walk around a little, do some stuff in the real world. I usually take long walks(I love long walks/hikes) when my 'net's borked. She'll come around. They all do, eventually.

True, but her argument isn't that baseless, hehe. And I get where you're coming from Kage, but she probably doesn't mean to ruin your day. She might not be happy with you and might be giving you hell too, but, it's what parents do.

My oldest will tell ya "Daddy yells sometimes." It's... both darling and saddening, but very very true. Heh.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(04-14-2012, 02:08 PM)Rensin Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 02:02 PM)flammos200 Wrote: Runsanfaise, my bandwidth is only 420 kb/s wide.

True, but her argument isn't that baseless, hehe. And I get where you're coming from Kage, but she probably doesn't mean to ruin your day. She might not be happy with you and might be giving you hell too, but, it's what parents do.

My oldest will tell ya "Daddy yells sometimes." It's... both darling and saddening, but very very true. Heh.

Not to sound rude, but there's quite a bit going on with my family that yours -hopefully- doesn't. She has a lot going on to deal with, but she takes it out on her kids, and quite frankly it's starting to piss me off. But yeah.. I still hope that she's doesn't mean to..
*Sigh* I suppose this should be changed to a less active. She was just having a bad day.. I feel horrid now..
Hon, I understand what you're going through. I'm 25 years old and I am instilled the same house rules as I was when I was 16. It matters not that I have a job, nearing a Bachelor's Degree, a boyfriend, and generally a life of my own. However, this is mostly due to the cultural upbringing--so to speak, we're the kind of family that even if you do marry and make a six-figure income, family comes first and you have no say against your parents. At all.

Nevertheless, I do encourage you calm down and relax a bit. Indeed, it's not the end of the world, and your situation will eventually improve. We still have Skype, after all.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(04-14-2012, 07:26 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: Hon, I understand what you're going through. I'm 25 years old and I am instilled the same house rules as I was when I was 16. It matters not that I have a job, nearing a Bachelor's Degree, a boyfriend, and generally a life of my own. However, this is mostly due to the cultural upbringing--so to speak, we're the kind of family that even if you do marry and make a six-figure income, family comes first and you have no say against your parents. At all.

Nevertheless, I do encourage you calm down and relax a bit. Indeed, it's not the end of the world, and your situation will eventually improve. We still have Skype, after all.

Are you related to my wife? Haha. A lot of families are like that here and now, because who else can you trust? Without getting preachy, I can say it's a scary world out there, and mom likes to think she knows best... usually because she made the same mistakes.

I agree with this. It might be a good idea to relax a bit, and later on, give your mom a hug. I've gone through stuff with my own that honestly I hope -never- happens between me and my kids, so, while I may not be in the same situation as you, I can relate to how much parents can suck. I can -also- relate as the parents. Kids be frustrating. Sure, my oldest is only three, but he has the personality of an early teen some days.

The hardest thing people getting towards adult age can do is put themselves in their parents shoes, only because at that point you want to be anything -but- what your parents are at that time, you just want freedom...

Dagnabbit, I got preachy. Good luck Kage, sorry you're going through it. Good luck, I hope for the best for you.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Don't worry, dude. We'll all be here waiting after you get stuff sorted out in your life. Listen to the advice given here, take a deep breath, and just relax. She's not out to intentionally hurt you, I promise. She's just upset, and I can only assume (even if I dislike assumptions, despite being guilty of doing it) that she's more upset about something else and it's coming out now, because it's the straw that broke the camel's back. And this issue is, obviously, a straw, but one that is breaking her back regardless.

I'll share a story with you! Two to three years ago, I was the angriest little bastard you could imagine (this is before I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and everything else. That's another story for another time). I suffered from bouts of depression, because I wasn't a very aggressive person, so all that rage was directed inwards. Then, eventually, someone asked me to take out the garbage. I exploded into a screaming vortex of puppy-eating hate. All due to pent up rage inside of me. Another day in the future, I was upset. My sister asked for another slice of pizza. I, being an idiot, tried to cut it on top of a stove, so it was falling through. My father said he'd do it, and I exploded again. This time, I had a knife in my hand. I nearly stabbed him.

What's my point? My point is, don't take this argument with your mother at face value. There could be a lot of other issues going on right now, and she's just not telling you, or something. I can't exactly be specific, as I'm not there, but just try and put yourself in her shoes.

Avon out.
From my experience, issues likes these can easily be solved by having a nice, long discussion at the right time and the right place.

Good luck.
If only that were the case
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
At least you don't have dialup. One connection at a time at only 48.2kbs. Yeah. Kbs. Your mom's what I call "high speed spoiled". It happens when 10mbs becomes too slow.

And WoW doesn't take up much bandwidth since I can run it on dialup with ease! Though constant access may cause your ISP to slow your connection. They're asses like that.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I HATE SCHOOL Djura 22 3,921 09-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Djura
  I Hate It Here Rosencrat 11 1,818 05-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Last Post: dastmo
  I hate everything. Loxmardin 31 4,457 07-06-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Harmonic