The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Tribes: Ascend
Yeah, it turns out this game is really, really fun. To explain it, it's like that Olympic sport where you shoot targets with a gun while you ski. Now, add in a ton of explosives and jetpacks for everyone. Also melee weaponry. Now, make the targets other people who have the same objective as you and add in game modes like Team Deathmatch or Capture the Flag.

This game is a sci-fi FPS. It's really, really, really fast-paced. I recommend you all play with me.

I'm Mezrin in game. Remember, it's free!
If you see a player named Velo in there, tell him Reigen said hi and to lay off the Vodka.

Buncha people I know have been playing the game since they offered alpha testing. I've heard nothing but good things from it but have no will to play it myself!
Probably won't run here.
[Image: tumblr_mhvoxjHaqC1rzearvo2_500.gif]
Casually humorous
I'm not much for PvP... But it looks fun.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
This game is epic and you should play it.

Reg here to pass some XP my way. /snicker. Just in case you're feeling generous: Clickies!

Only downside to the game is no female models. If they appear, they'll likely be paid skins, which irks me - because all previous Tribes games had female chars. Eh... It's still gallons of awesome.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I decided to try it out. Flammos and I have been known to have very similar taste in games. Unfortunately, I already had an account, so no free XP!
Spoiler:
Meeh, I might give it a try. I'm a sucker for FTP games.

I still even play APB here and there, and, bleeeh, APB? Blech.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I've been watching this for some time. I know it wont run on my computer but it looks incredibly fun.
Sadface. Anyhow, what do you lot 'main' as a class?

I mostly go Sentinel. Setting up little bases with claymores 'n jammers on hilltops and ripping through the enemy at insane range is so much fun.

I can do Pathfinder too, though rather than using it for its intended purpose(flag capper/chaser), I use it as a close-combat class. Zooming around stuff at breakneck speed and trying to shotgun/spinfusor the everliving Shazbot out of 'em.

Not all that great at other classes.
I play Soldier, but now that I've unlocked Doombringer, I'm going to be playing a lot of that. Chain gun? Yesplease.
If it's fast, then probably pathfinder once I start playing. Fast gameplay is one of my niches.
Spoiler:
(04-15-2012, 05:29 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: If it's fast, then probably pathfinder once I start playing. Fast gameplay is one of my niches.

All of the Light and Medium classes are arguably fast. The only slower ones are Heavies, and they're usually meant to be Heavy On Flag(A Doombringer with the Superheavy perk. They stand on top of the flag. When a player comes in to cap the flag at a really high speed and they smack into the Doombringer atop the flag, they die from the impact. Also, they put mines and shields around the flagstand and on it), or serve as indoor defense or vehicle killing.

Sentinels, Pathfinders and Infiltrators are, by default, the fastest classes(and equally fast among themselves, with the Pathfinder able to buy a thrust pack that allows for a speed burst, though, as well as use Impact Nitrons to go really really fast instantly - so you could say it has the highest 'acceleration').

Soldiers, Raiders and Technicians come next, and they really are equally fast among themselves, if I remember it right.

In the most brief of terms,
Spoiler:
Pathfinders are meant for a high-risk, high-reward play-style, either capping flags and running off with them, or blasting things apart at close range. They even have grenades that knock the flag out of enemy hands. They have a Shotgun, a Spinfusor(Gun that shoots explosive disks. The staple of the Tribes universe) and a Bolt launcher, I think it was called(It's a crossbow with explosive bolts anyhow), and a Light Assault Rifle.

Sentinels are the snipers. They've a moderately safe playstyle. They kill things at obscene range, use jammers and such to avoid being picked up by enemy sensors(so they don't appear with chevrons above their heads and their textures are blurred somewhat), and use claymore mines and the like to prevent things from entering their base or hidey spots. They have a couple of sniper rifles, an overpowered revolver that shoots ricocheting bullets and an SMG.

Infiltrators. They're the (you guessed it) spy-like guys. They're awesome at killing the enemy generator and sneaking into places where they shouldn't be. Also, backstabs and sonic punches. Their safety depends on their remaining energy. They've got a stealth spinfusor, an SMG, the Jackal Launcher(a sort of small grenade launcher that shoots 3 grenades before popping them), a pistol and some throwing knives, if I remember it right. Oh, they can also get smoke bombs and sticky grenades.

Soldiers are the usual Jack of All Trades. They can work at pretty much everything, but won't excel at anything. Armed with an assault rifle and thumper(medium-range grenade launcher) at first, they can end up with a Spinfusor and Eagle Pistol(same OP gun that the Sentinels wield), and have armor that increases survivability, and a utility pack that gives them a truckton of grenades.

Raiders are generally an AoE class, that deals primarily with clearing flag-stands of defenses(and pesky Heavy On Flag-s), ripping open base defenses and dishing out punishment to vehicles. They have a couple of grenade launchers, an SMG, a shield pack(damage goes to energy rather than health), whiteout grenades(flashbangs, basically), a Jammer Pack(same as the Sentinel's), and EMP Grenades.

Technicians are a class that usually deals in base defense. Their place is normally either at the helm of vehicles, or in the generator room. They have the most to worry about Infiltrators coming to get them. Their loadout consists of an SMG or a Thumper, an improved repair tool to repair base structures and vehicles, a pistol that shoots supersonic rounds, a Sawed-off shotgun, the ability to deploy turrets, motion sensors and grenades.

The Juggernaut deals in long-range bombardment. They have extremely powerful mortars that can kill most medium and light classes in a single hit, if the enemy is caught in the center of the blast. They're usually used to shell(bombard over a period of time) base defenses, sniper positions, and flag-stands, but their heavy spinfusor and LMG also allow closer-range combat. They have health regen packs, which only add to their immense survivability, they have Heavy AP Grenades, and they can throw spinfusor disks with their hands like shurikens.

The Doombringer is designed primarily for Heavy On Flag duty, killing vehicles and high-flying enemies, and ripping through anything that gets even close to your base with a chaingun. They have the aforementioned chaingun, a rocket launcher that can only be fired once it locks onto something, and a heavy bolt launcher(basically a big-arse crossbow with explosive bolts). They can deploy force-fields that severely damage(and can kill) enemies that pass through them, mines, and of course, frag grenades.

The last class is the Brute. They're generally an anti-infantry heavy class, meant for midfield combat and area denial. They've got a heavy spinfusor, automatic shotgun and a rather large revolver. They've got Light Sticky Grenades, and Fractal grenades(they're their primary area denial tool. Toss one and it'll make bright green fireworks in the area they're in, damaging enemies caught in the blast continuously. It also works well in revealing Infiltrators). They also have shield packs, which allow them to take damage to their energy pool.

Hyup.
Just played my first game. Played a Pathfinder and got loads of assists, some kills and one flag. Not bad.
Spoiler:
The grind is kind of a pain though, haven't dared log in since it went live in case all my stuff is gone.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Played a few more matches. 1.0 W/L ratio FTW. I love throwing the pathfinder grenade at the defenders before swiping in for the grab at 160km/h
Spoiler: