The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

TLE Event Ideas
A. Job Fair (for all occupations, not just matchmakers) Done!

B. Game/Sports Fair Done!

C. Culture Fair (for educational purposes)

D. More romance-centered parties

1.) Profile Interview day
              2.) Match Meet

E. Music Festival

F. Cooking Contests

G. Animal Shows and Competitions

H. Mount Shows

I. Anti-War Gatherings

J. Romance Lessons and Counselling

K. Animal (pet or mount) Grooming and Veterinary Care

L. Engineering Show

M. Blind(folded) Dating

Just putting this out there. I won't be doing any event planning until I graduate. Anymore ideas and suggestions, or which of these seem the most interesting to you, go ahead and leave a reply.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Should have a mass profile making day, and the next day they are matched up with someone if possible. :D
Added! :)
(05-03-2012, 09:54 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: C. Culture Fair (for educational purposes)

I have the fixin's for a Gnomish Heritage Day!

(Also, unrelated -- I want to throw some characters into The Love Exchange. Lemme help with things <3)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
If I'm gonna do a Culture Fair, I'll have to take care of how it'll be run. These sort of things, in my experience, seem to draw in unwanted conflicted. Imagine holding an Orc day and then Night Elves rush in. Or vice versa. A nice touch of drama, but otherwise unwanted OOC. I'll have to think of what can be done.

It may also defeat the purpose of educating other races if I have an Orc Day and literally only orcs arrive but no non-orcs to expose culture for. Ah, well. I'll see what I can do.
...Alterac culture fair. Frostwolves, Stormpike, and Alteracians all get a chance to show themselves off to the other races. Of course, there would be Sapta, Grog, and Wine galore. Speaking of... If anyone tries to stir up some trouble...

[Image: 32833087_400x400.jpg]

Cheese courtesy of the Stormpike's own rams of course...

That being said! It's a good reason for any race to be there. Horde to get to know their Warchief's clan better, and for the Alliance to get to know that the traitorous Alteracians aren't as bad as they think they are. At least not the Syndicate... Dwarves are just an all around plus, since they bring the party to them.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Cultures within races seem interesting! And I like that a lot. One of my biggest gripes on how authors construct worlds is how one race seems to have only one culture. If I'm gonna do an orc or human day, I better damn well see Frostwolves and Warsongs distinguished as would Stromgardians and Alteracians.
Stormwind day would be the best day.
>CRISTOVAO HOSTS LORDAERON DAY
>JARED CRASHES THE PARTY WITH THE BLACK HARVEST
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(05-07-2012, 11:43 AM)CappnRob Wrote: >BLACK HARVEST HOSTS LORDAERON DAY
>CRISTO CRASHES THE PARTY WITH DALIKAN

Fixed.

Quote:If I'm gonna do an orc or human day, I better damn well see Frostwolves and Warsongs distinguished as would Stromgardians and Alteracians.

Don't worry, Voragh will handle the Bonechewer stand. He'll be selling delicious hot dogs.
(05-07-2012, 11:44 AM)Sol Wrote: >BLACK HARVEST HOSTS LORDAERON DAY
>CRISTO CRASHES THE PARTY WITH DALIKAN

[Image: 132693809044.jpg]
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Of all the events I wanna do, I'll probably do a Job Fair first so I can recruit new helpers. They can be pre-existing characters or ones rolled just for the guild. I'm willing to take in just about anyone as several characters are either retired or the players are no longer active. I'm also okay with short-term helpers or non-guild affiliated matchmakers.

Boy, I better make that employee application form. Oh, wait, here it is. DERP.
Can we apply multiple characters? (Not necessarily getting both hired, of course)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
(05-10-2012, 03:20 PM)Caravan Wrote: Can we apply multiple characters? (Not necessarily getting both hired, of course)

You sure can, and having more than one character in the guild is absolutely allowed :). I do this myself, as I alternate between Kapre, Kantado, and Tibalan in managing the guild/business OOCly.
>Trying to recruit new helpers
>Still hasn't fully brought Jezzan in
> D:

As for events, how about something like a Troll rave?

Nobody sees how trolls get down these days. We need dancing round bonfires, great hunts and feasts of the creatures we've hunted. Sacrifices to the loa. More dancing. It'd be a blast.
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]