The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Lore education through events, take two!
I'm still here, yet still partially inactive. I've let off RP, profile checking, and event coordination/hosting so I can concentrate on graduating school, job hunting, and work itself. Also, well, quite honestly? I don't have a laptop that allows me RP before 10 PM Server. The main reason I could RP more frequently before, especially during peak hours, was because I had a laptop with WoW installed to carry around between courses and work. When I get a second job, one of the first things I'm gonna pay for (besides the carlock) is a new laptop with better performance.

Until then, I'll just have ideas thrown out and hopefully get them started as soon as I have an available date.

Here are a list of events I have in mind that I hope to launch once free time becomes existent:

THE LOVE EXCHANGE:

1.) Matchmaking Events. Day 1 would be Profile Day, Day 2 would be Matchmeeting Day. How this works:

-Profile Day would have singles profiled en masse as opposed to chance or pre-arranged meetings. The profiles will be posted, and players can look at who's available.

-Matchmeet Day would be where players have their characters meet matching singles in a large party. Games would be made available then.

2.) Culture Festivals. This is meant to be educational on my part as well as the rest of the server. This can be devoted to a single day or a whole week; if a week, then certain days are devoted to certain parts of culture (history, cuisine, fashion, etc). Culture Festivals can focus on one race at a time, two (one per faction), or all at once. If opposing factions are to have their culture festivals simultaneously run, they will have to take place in different locations and time slots to prevent social and political conflict. Like HELL I want orcs ruining Night Elf Day or vice versa.

RED GLOVE:

1.) Attack/Defend the Un'goro Base. Storyline event, and combat centered. Lions are to break into the base, free prisoners, and destroy the base while Gloves defend the whole thing. THIS HAS A TIME LIMIT, determined by DM roll rounds, and the battle can fall into either's favor.

2.) Bounty Hunt Runs. Available for both Lions and Gloves, certain characters are rolled to be set up for kills or captures. These types of events rely on the in-game party system to play a game of hide-and-seek, again timed. Key characters can be killed off and place the story at end. I am unsure if I can have Lions for targets, as it may scratch along the new resurrection rules.

WORLD AND LORE:

I've promised myself that I'd help out the other GMs' event lines, and I intend to keep it.... when I am available (Cry ). Besides the Dragonsworn, Solidarity, and the like, I have one lore event chain I hope to do something for:

1.) Gnomeregan. Some individuals came forth suggesting we do something for this, and I hope to follow through. Strangely enough, of all the Cataclysm lore I looked up, I became the most familiar with Gnomeregan. Although I'm still rusty, I think I can otherwise pull it off as long as I have help. But if interest wanes, then it's a no-go.

2.) Path of the Horde. Yes, I still hope to do this event chain. But I may have to rethink of how to do this if I am to maintain interest.

That's all I have for now. In addition to all these, I have a side project inspired by Filipino myth and COTH RP... but that, my friends, is a story for another day ;)

WHATCHA THINK?
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(05-09-2012, 10:46 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: 1.) Gnomeregan. Some individuals came forth suggesting we do something for this, and I hope to follow through. Strangely enough, of all the Cataclysm lore I looked up, I became the most familiar with Gnomeregan. Although I'm still rusty, I think I can otherwise pull it off as long as I have help. But if interest wanes, then it's a no-go.

I would very much like to see this! I feel that gnomes are often a forgotten race, both on the part of the player and Blizzard.
I agree with Piroska. If you need any help on any Gnomish/Gnomeregan business, let me know. :)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
(05-09-2012, 10:46 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: Like HELL I want orcs ruining Night Elf Day or vice versa.

But that sounds like tons of fun!
We can always do for a little more War in our Craft, especially if its on the level of punch spiking and practical jokes. :P
Gnomes are indeed seemingly forgotten, and the Gnomeregan story in itself is an underrated tragedy. A shame too, because this story can be hauntingly close to home, urban/environmentally-speaking. Or just think a nearby nuclear reactor gone wrong and all your friends and family gone ill/mad from the exposure :( .

(05-09-2012, 11:36 AM)Dae Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 10:46 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: Like HELL I want orcs ruining Night Elf Day or vice versa.

But that sounds like tons of fun!
We can always do for a little more War in our Craft, especially if its on the level of punch spiking and practical jokes. :P

...that actually sounds like fun XD
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(05-09-2012, 11:39 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: Gnomes are indeed seemingly forgotten, and the Gnomeregan story in itself is an underrated tragedy. A shame too, because this story can be hauntingly close to home, urban/environmentally-speaking. Or just think a nearby nuclear reactor gone wrong and all your friends and family gone ill/mad from the exposure :( .

Sounds like a plea to their Kaldorei allies. My Druid (Nature-business) and Soldier (Alliances) would both have the heart to help the little blighters.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
If any Gnomeregan Events are taking place... I would bring Bingles, my most gnomish well behaved Gnomes! :D.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Yay Gnomes. ^.^
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
(05-09-2012, 10:46 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: RED GLOVE:

1.) Attack/Defend the Un'goro Base. Storyline event, and combat centered. Lions are to break into the base, free prisoners, and destroy the base while Gloves defend the whole thing. THIS HAS A TIME LIMIT, determined by DM roll rounds, and the battle can fall into either's favor.

2.) Bounty Hunt Runs. Available for both Lions and Gloves, certain characters are rolled to be set up for kills or captures. These types of events rely on the in-game party system to play a game of hide-and-seek, again timed. Key characters can be killed off and place the story at end. I am unsure if I can have Lions for targets, as it may scratch along the new resurrection rules.

I might be the only one posting for this .o. But yay! Dem Silverfangs'll be Lions! And Bounty Hunt's? If it works, woot.
(05-09-2012, 10:46 AM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: RED GLOVE:

Yusss. Drogan is getting antsy.
Characters:
Drogan Granitejaw - Veteran Mountaineer
Grokmagrok Limbsplitter - Warsong Berserker
Matthias Renault - Twice Dead Ice Knight
Reuben Renault - The Child Paladin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanna help me improve my lore? ImagenAshyun 38 6,996 12-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Mathias