The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Sheath For Swords&Daggers/Walking Animations Request
Is it possible, perhaps, for new anims and possibly a 'sheath' model for swords and daggers to be made?

By walking anims, I mean walking with the character's hand resting on the pommel of a sword, or arms crossed, or etc? Some variation of it, at least?

And by a sheathe, I mean... well, a sheath.

... I want the server back.
If I had a cookie for every time I made a mistake, I'd probably be the size of a whale...

[Image: whatcolor_isblack.jpg]

Kittens!(Characters!)
Spoiler:
Lientos Shadevale
Veris
Eirsoleth Palchimer

So if Arthas wasn't killed off in WotLK, wouldn't he have been able to decimate Deathwing in about five seconds? So by killing Arthas and wrecking the Scourge, the Heroes of Northrend actually screwed the world over by allowing the Cataclysm to occur.

Talk about major fail.
We can only do what spells are in the server. If you know or find one that is like that, then we could possibly turn it into an item.

If not...We can't. :C
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I would check the wow model viewer to see if an animation exists altogether. If it's not a part of the game itself, I don't think it'll be close to possible. Not to shoot it down.
Probably the closest you'd get is a skin of a weapon that appears to be a sheath, however, I've never seen one personally.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

To my knowledge there is no other way, unless someone can hack into the game and somehow able to modify the codes and models itself which would take very long and might be difficult. Sorry :/
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
If you look very hard, you might find a custom patch with something similar. Keep in mind that you'll be the only one seeing this change. Also keep in mind that doing this on a folder for retail WoW is -not- a good idea. Blizzard will hate you for it.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I would suggest you scour the addon sites for visual mods that add something along these lines. If something looks really great you can suggest that the server add it to their data so everyone will have the visuals.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(05-16-2012, 02:17 AM)Bovel Wrote: I would suggest you scour the addon sites for visual mods that add something along these lines. If something looks really great you can suggest that the server add it to their data so everyone will have the visuals.

In game Addons can't do stuff like this. It would have to be an animation already in the game, or a custom patch.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Well it would be more like a skin item. For instance, you take a cape but instead of a cape you make it a simple black tube at the same angle and width of your sword. (Mind you I do know how long and how annoying that would be to make, but it's just an example). I wouldn't make it an animation, but more of a belt or cape option. (Again, good luck finding something like this or making it. I would do so myself, but I don't have programming skillz.)
Thing is, it'd have to be an existing skin. They aren't fond of adding "custom" patches to the server, and none of them are really in the field of skinning items.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be. "A simple black tube at the same angle and width as your sword" means being able to animate it, something that'd most likely require some sort of editing program along with a way to import it into the game... again, something I've -never- seen done on CoTH, and have heard multiple times from people as being something they have no desire of doing.

If there was an existing item like this, it may be possible, but again, it probably wouldn't be something that fits every sword, considering all the vast shapes and sizes. It's a nice idea, just not possible without some already existing item and spell that fits the category.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yeah, while we are willing to make items that will be able to show existing spells, we won't be coding or creating new items for sheaths.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
If you're dead-set on the idea of a sheath item, there might be an existing item that could give the impression of such a thing in the shields, wands, and off-hand frills sections that (maybe???) could be set to be worn as a weapon that rests on the back when sheathed. That's all I could hypothesize as ever possible, I'm afraid.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New cosmetic animation request FlyingSquirrel 0 854 07-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Addable animations? Maarten 9 2,257 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  NPC Armour Request Jaella 4 1,076 08-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Jaella
  Custom Item Request - Gilnean Clothing sunday12321 19 4,466 04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Last Post: sunday12321
  Night Watch Guard NPC outfit request! Ukarai 0 799 04-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Ukarai