The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Finding Things To Do
So, I have a problem. I have three green dudes that I love. Yet, I can never figure out what to do with them.

Part of the problem is mine, I know. I should be able to give them a story arc on my own, have them do things, but I just have trouble coming up with that and having people to do it alongside. I've posted countless times in the Personals board with little luck in finding something consistent for the poor guys. Part of this may be simple woes regarding Old Horde characters, but I've also not been online much because I always feel like, even if I can get RP, in the end none of it actually *matters* and it's not resulting in anything lasting or that I can look forward to.

Grakor is...I'm not even sure what to do with him, to be honest. Perhaps I worked myself into a corner with him, because I'm not sure in what direction he could really *grow* as a character. Someone was intending, at one point, of playing a potential romantic interest for him, but that never really got off the ground. So I'm just sort of staring at my namesake and not sure what to do with him. The slightly loopy shaman that perpetually speaks in a confusing manner is fun to play, but it's difficult nonetheless to get him to do anything.

Thragash somehow became my most well-known character. He's probably the character I have the easiest time slipping into RP, because he's jovial and easy-going. Easy to talk to, but he has a clear goal in mind: he wants to be the biggest and strongest orc alive. True, not a reasonable goal, but it gives him something to work towards. Unfortunately, I put him in the Argents, but I never really did anything with that, so I'm probably going to pull him out. He's got his relationship with Rhozak, but unfortunately I have difficulty being on at the same time as Rhozak's player due to time zone differences. We still need to set a date for that wedding.

No one knows who Balgarn is. Really. I used to have fun putting Balgarn in Silvermoon and having him creep out the elves (random orc DK is watching you,) but I've never really had a goal in mind for Balgarn beyond his desire to be redeemed for his past sins. No one's really tried to get close to Balgarn, and I can't really blame them given that he's so...emotionally stunted that it seems he's emotionally dead, when he's not. For the life of me, though, I can't think of anything that would actually get him out there and do stuff with.

Bleh.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Quit being lazy.
I mean...

I can offer Akua to learn shaman stuff. S'all I really have Orc wise. And there's a lot of training that'll have to happen there.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
I... I still haven't been able to RP that orc you made me make-- Koramul.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Wait, I made you make an orc?

...man, I wish I could do that with more people, and make everyone roll orcs. It'd be amazing.
Could always have Kisgal try and teach Balgarn how to party.
(05-23-2012, 07:07 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: So, I have a problem. I have three green dudes that I love. Yet, I can never figure out what to do with them.

Part of the problem is mine, I know. I should be able to give them a story arc on my own, have them do things, but I just have trouble coming up with that and having people to do it alongside. I've posted countless times in the Personals board with little luck in finding something consistent for the poor guys. Part of this may be simple woes regarding Old Horde characters, but I've also not been online much because I always feel like, even if I can get RP, in the end none of it actually *matters* and it's not resulting in anything lasting or that I can look forward to.

Wait, so what exactly are your woes regarding Old Horde characters? There are more Old Horde than New? Not enough??

I thought I'd ask this because I tend to see Mahen'tosh (perhaps my only character besides Kapre who gets regular RP with you) as a retired Old Horde while fully supportive of the New Horde. I'm not quite sure what those woes are if you hope to remedy this issue in finding RP.

(05-23-2012, 07:07 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: Grakor is...I'm not even sure what to do with him, to be honest. Perhaps I worked myself into a corner with him, because I'm not sure in what direction he could really *grow* as a character. Someone was intending, at one point, of playing a potential romantic interest for him, but that never really got off the ground. So I'm just sort of staring at my namesake and not sure what to do with him. The slightly loopy shaman that perpetually speaks in a confusing manner is fun to play, but it's difficult nonetheless to get him to do anything.

I've always wanted to do a shaman-centered event regarding spirits. It can be an event chain (separate from Path), it can be a single event in itself. It can be something Grakor can get into, especially since I'm seeking a Spirit Walker for a mentor.

(05-23-2012, 07:07 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: Thragash somehow became my most well-known character. He's probably the character I have the easiest time slipping into RP, because he's jovial and easy-going. Easy to talk to, but he has a clear goal in mind: he wants to be the biggest and strongest orc alive. True, not a reasonable goal, but it gives him something to work towards. Unfortunately, I put him in the Argents, but I never really did anything with that, so I'm probably going to pull him out. He's got his relationship with Rhozak, but unfortunately I have difficulty being on at the same time as Rhozak's player due to time zone differences. We still need to set a date for that wedding.

YOU BETTER MAKE THAT DATE SOON :(

I have Psycho's Skype if you need it, or you can try PMs. Idk.

(05-23-2012, 07:07 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: No one knows who Balgarn is. Really. I used to have fun putting Balgarn in Silvermoon and having him creep out the elves (random orc DK is watching you,) but I've never really had a goal in mind for Balgarn beyond his desire to be redeemed for his past sins. No one's really tried to get close to Balgarn, and I can't really blame them given that he's so...emotionally stunted that it seems he's emotionally dead, when he's not. For the life of me, though, I can't think of anything that would actually get him out there and do stuff with.

Bleh.

IS THAT A CHALLENGE I SEE?
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Pfft. Balgarn was my favorite. I met him back when Selena's Tailoring shop was the it place to hang out.

...:C I miss RPing with you Grakor.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Madugo is a dirty liberal hippie shaman who wants to see beyond the veil durnit >:V

Or Grakor could help him show his rambunctious trollkids how to be shamans.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(05-23-2012, 08:24 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: Wait, so what exactly are your woes regarding Old Horde characters? There are more Old Horde than New? Not enough??

I thought I'd ask this because I tend to see Mahen'tosh (perhaps my only character besides Kapre who gets regular RP with you) as a retired Old Horde while fully supportive of the New Horde. I'm not quite sure what those woes are if you hope to remedy this issue in finding RP.

I suppose I should clarify. It's my fault, given that I forgot that "Old Horde" and "New Horde" are occasionally used to discuss different concepts. My complaint was simply that most people simply don't consistently play Orcs/Tauren/Trolls (as opposed to Alliance and the "new" additions to the Horde, the Forsaken and Belves.)
(05-23-2012, 09:15 PM)Grakor456 Wrote: I suppose I should clarify. It's my fault, given that I forgot that "Old Horde" and "New Horde" are occasionally used to discuss different concepts. My complaint was simply that most people simply don't consistently play Orcs/Tauren/Trolls (as opposed to Alliance and the "new" additions to the Horde, the Forsaken and Belves.)

Well, as far as I see it, Trolls, Taurens, and Orcs tend to be the most difficult to get any consistent RP for unless it's specifically Horde/TTO RP. Could be the fact that most players cannot relate to those three races on a casual level as their cultures are different from most RPers'.

The only thing I'd encourage is to drop that mentality. Although TTOs tend to be RPed very well (in my experience) as far as culture goes, this doesn't allow any opening up for non-race/faction specific RP as often as, let's say, humans and blood elves. At least that's my problem with my Hordies.

Hopefully this summer, the problem can be remedied.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Ah Grakor I loved RPing with you back in the day. I've met your characters you've listed in some form or another. I was just getting to know Balgarn on my own DK, Koiella. All the fun I enjoyed with Irogh and Lak'tusk...

Then second shift hit, and Skyrim.. but now that I'm more active, maybe we can meet up again.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Daichi's gonna be up and about now. Probably'll start a green, blue, and fur event sooner or later.