The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clarity
Clairvoyance.

The old pages crinkled in soft fingertips as they turned; the text an amalgamation of sigils and scribbles. A man, young though he was, appeared old and weary in the wisplight of a mere candle’s stub. He looked up from his reading a moment, frozen eyes sending away what seemed to be an ever encroaching darkness. Tom lifted the dying candle, opening the desk’s drawer with his free hand and lighting several more. The shadows felt unsafe now, and though he called light to battle them, only more shadows fell. Perhaps it was impossible to light a whole room.

The gaze swept across his desk, the envelope addressed, ‘Trenton’ lit by a single candle. “I must focus.” He mumbled to himself, the tenor of his voice filling the small chamber as he lifted the paper to the flame. “It is for his own good.” Soon, ashen powder surrounded the cylindrical wax, and his attention turned back to the book. He wrote little notes on the side, underlining points he liked and crossing out doctrines that he disagreed with. The Twilight’s Hammer may have been heretical, but they possessed a great bit of information regarding his masters, and that was all the priest required.

After reading several pages, he came across a large passage that he could not translate. The strange glyphs were words he could not understand, and he had believed he knew the entire Old Script. He began to sound out the syllables, “Unh’ar ky…kytt zeq a’wagth zixx arus Boralus. Y’kk’ar Altirach’no Halann.” The last portion of the phrase suddenly clicked in his head. Son of Altirach? Altirach is… ? He continued to read aloud, “Y’kk’ar By’iskern’no Halasz.” Daughter of… something.
He wiped his brow, looking up from the yellowed pages. “Gods…” The walls of the study were gone, instead beams of light faded above as he sank into darkness. He felt the disgusting slime of seaweed wrap around his form and he growled as he struggled to break free. He heard screeching in his ears, “Hisk al do’shan k’ureth anx qel zuqq unt…” He squinted, clenching his teeth as the words ripped through his mind. “AARGH!”

“Mud… grime… despair. Dare you betray us for love?!” Walls formed around him, though still flooded with the foul ocean’s water. It was a sunken temple—that much he could tell. Molten runes were carved into the cobbles, and their impossible flames caused the greenblack liquid around them to boil. Tom strode forwards, uninhibited by the rolling tides.

“I do not fear this illusion.” There came an insidious laughter, it echoed through all Azeroth it seemed. Or… wherever he was. The current suddenly sucked him to his knees, pressure infinite; crushing, murderous. A figure in a midnight blue cloak stood before him, a crackling stave in his left hand. “Ensure we succeed, or I ensure your demise.” The voice was his own.

He felt a sickening lurch as he was thrown to the floor of his study, coughing as he choked on nonexistent water. The tome was still in his hands, and he looked up to see violet energy carving a symbol into the cellar’s wall. “By the Will of N’zoth… I must leave.”

“You will go nowhere.”

Tom scrambled to his feet, turning as he whispered a cantrip, his hand behind his back. Twilight flames sizzled in his hidden palm, forming into a wicked point. "Enjolras?" The man smiled, still dressed as he was in a farmer's garb. The once compassionate mask was replaced by a possessed hatred. "Hello, Enjolras, I thought I asked you to knock before..."

"This is my house, Thomas. I don't think I should need to knock to enter my own cellar." Tom flicked his gaze to the barrels of wine in the corner, and then to the stairs that were blocked by this man. The man took a step closer to Tom, though still in his way. "You aren't welcome in Greenburge, heretic. I will remake this city, and the Twilight's Hammer will make Alterac rise once more! They promised, they... you don't understand, Tom."

"You said you'd keep me safe, Enjolras! And then this vision? Tell me what it me--"

"I did what I had to do. I owe nothing to you." Enjolras lifted his left hand, a black energy forming in his hand that slowly filled with lavender. He roared as he sent a ray of violet flames careening across the room towards Tom. The priest darted out of the way, the blast causing the table to fall into splinters. Still clutching the grimoire, Tom hurled the knife of shadows at the large casks of wine, causing crimson to spew into the room. "You wretched little, AARAGH!"

The man screeched as he was drenched by the warm drink, and he stumbled back into the railing of the stairs. Tom ran for the steps, making it past Enjolras and up three stairs before the angry cultist blindly tackled him. Tom fell to the ground, the edge of a stair jabbing him in the ribs and knocking the wind from his body. "Uck!" The book flew from his hands and down into the pool of wine. "Shit!" Tom struggled against Enjolras's grip for a moment until he spit out a word in the Old Script. Twilight outlined his form before he erupted in flames, sending the man back into another cask, breaking it and causing another deluge of red-purple.

Tom cast one last glance at the ground, but he couldn't see it, and so he ran through the trapdoor and into the house, his clothes soaked. He heard Enjolras screaming from the basement, "Erina! Erina, the runes!"

Tom bolted through the kitchen, and as he did strange runes and glyphs throughout the entire house lit up; vermilion hatred. The walls, floors, the ceiling; it became a blooming rose of weird magic. "Damn, damn, damn!"

Just as he passed the threshold of the house, he felt arcane sucking at his body and hair, drawing backwards as if into the house. He stumbled away into the forest, and as he collapsed on a tree, he watched the entire building--aglow with runes-- explode, shooting charred debris all around, lighting up the clearing.

Enjolras remained in the ruins, a shield of energy that had protected him from the blast. Erina, his wife, was not so lucky. He held her blackened remains in his arms. Tom stared at his foe through blurred eyes, and taking advantage of the man's grief, he fled into the shadowed forest.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]