The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Leave of Absence: Duration Uncertain
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Creatures undefined.
Greetings!

Most of you know who I am. Those of you who don't, well, I'll just have to try harder.

As the title says: I'm leaving.
No, I am not leaving permanently.
And no, I am not leaving because I hate each and every one of you and I despise what has become of our community.

Because that would be a lie. I sincerely love each and every one of you, despite all conflicts we may have had. Conflicts are a crucial part of any growing relationship, be it romantic or platonic.
And the community, along with the server, has not grown to something I dislike, let alone despise. I have enjoyed being here during the different experimental changes.

Anyway, I'm going off subject.

I am enlisting to the Israeli Defence Force, as the law dictates, on 27th of July, 2012. As of that, the following month and twenty days will be dedicated more to such things such as my graduation, my job, and my physical training.

From the 27th of July, I will be completely and absolutely unavailable on any channel of communication other than a mobile phone, for a duration of four months.

After a ten-day holiday after such, I will receive leave from the army approximately every other weekend, meaning I -might- log on and check up on you people.

Regardless:
My Skype: annodomini70
My MSN: [email protected]
My eMail: [email protected]

Let us all hope that my service does not fall on what might be some of the worst years the world has seen.

-A.D.
[Image: 8.jpg]
Well, not much to do to prevent it, hm?

Have a good few months, Sunday! Hold in there, and we'll miss you!
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
[Image: 18940713.jpg]
Israeli Defense Forces?
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Good luck and. . . Let's hope for the best.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
SunThas;

IDF - Israeli Defence Forces. Also known as the Israeli Army. The IDF name was chosen as such because it rose as a union between the different militias who protected the Jewish settlements in Israel until 1948, when Israel gained independence. The name is -Defence- force, because that's what we do. Israeli never is the first to strike. It never is the first to declare an act of war. We defend our country, not attack for it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Uy2jpMqNnio/TB...F+logo.jpg - Here's a logo.

The logo depicts a sword, atop the Star of David which is the Jewish symbol, and wrapping the sword is a leaf of Olive-tree. Which is a symbol for peace.
So yeah. Whoa.
Damn, that sounds boss. Is it the Defence Force during the Arab-Israeli Wars? (Yom Kippur etc. etc.). I also thought the Israeli government was threatening war against Iran?

O.o

Is there another military force in Israel that deals with . .. Offensive actions?
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

I'll miss you Sundae! Added ya on Skype.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Good luck out there, Sunday. It ain't a pretty world somedays, we all know that. But you'll have good guys to watch your back, yeah? Come back safe and sound.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
They grow up so fast. *tear*

You'll have to tell me about it when you get on leave. ^_^ Best of luck!
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
Stay safe, take it easy, and PARTY ON, DUDE.

[Image: billandted.jpg]

. . . Actually, try and keep the partying under limits. You might get, uh, disciplined or something if you try and have a most excellent celebration on barracks.

But still. Party on. In moderation.

We'll be here when you're back.
Sad day D: You shall be missed while you are absent from the server, Sunday! It's been some good times :D

I guess all I can say is... Have fun? I don't know if that's the proper term to use xD

Good luck!
... (Disregard last post!)
We will miss you!
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
Right, um.. SunThas, since you ask the most questions:
The IDF never goes on a declared offensive unless assaulted first. Such happened in Yom Kippur war, 1973. And in the six day war, 1967, and in the liberation war, 1948. Lebanon 1, 2001, I think. If not, 1996. Lebanon 2; summer 2008. Operation: Cast Lead, Hanuka 2008. All these operations were results of either a direct assault by an invading army, or a constant bombardment of a terrorist organization. For example: Operation Cast Lead in 2008 was the result of the fact that for the few years preceding such an operation, our settlements received no less than 20 missiles -a day-.

We are the Defense Force because we defend our people. We do, however, acknowledge that the best defense is offense. However, due to Israel's standing in the world, we cannot afford going on an all out war. Which is why every soldier in the combative regiments is on guard duty until an operation rises.

We are -very- offensive and I will refuse to hide such. Just as I will refuse to hide the fact that our military has a -very- strict policy regarding humanitarian aspects of war. We have, in fact, the least civilian casualties any army had in the world, for the past 100 years.

As for your assumption: Israel does not make threats. We do not, have not, and will not threaten any nation with war. War is our last resort. The answer to "But you just said that you attacked Gaza in Operation Cast Lead." Yes, I did. However, if you look carefully. Gaza is not a nation. It is a land-area formerly belonging to Egypt. However, when in 1967 we occupied that area, the UN told us to give it back, but Egypt didn't -want- to take Gaza back. No one did. So we did.

We do not threaten war with Iran. War with Iran will have dire consequences. Globally. However, recently the terrorist organization recognized as the Jihad has began active missile assault on our southern settlements. We do not respond to their actions since they do not take any civilian lives. Such acts are for terrorism only. To strike fear. We only deliver bloodshed when we deem it necessary.

Now that that's over, to the rest of you beloved lot:

Muhaha8; Yes. I will have my back covered by my nation's finest, mandatory-recruited 18 year old young men. However, every man I met who has left the mandatory service area has said the same; It is an experience like no other. I hope to return to this server as soon as I get my frequent leaves. The four month initial leave is for Boot Camp and warrior-training.

Esth; Of course I'll keep in touch with you. I feel we really bonded this year, and you know me better than to say I will be throwing all that away for an M16 assault rifle that jams every five seconds because it was made in the Vietnam era.

Sol; Party on! And the term, I believe is "chewed out." However we don't do such in here. The punishment system in the Israeli method is similar to the USMC training program and is meant to build character. A man such as myself who is deeply patriotic and was raised on military principles will have little trouble adapting to such. Or so I hope.

Zenethen; I will have fun, don't worry. I enjoy the mere handling of a rifle, let alone firing-range.

Lendri; Despite the fact I have no idea what post you're refering to, and I assume you simply mean your own edited post, I will miss you, aswell.
Quote:M16 assault rifle that jams every five seconds because it was made in the Vietnam era.

Oh, the hilarity (though not really, because it's gotten many a good man killed).

But... Yeah. As I said, just stay safe out there.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
The wise man will say that you can find light even in darkest shadow.

The chaote will laugh and say that light and darkness are both meaningless attributes to an endless sea of formlessness, but that happiness lies in knowing both for what they represent: The freedom to choose.

I suspect I'll miss chatting with you.

Good luck to you. Knowing your stubbornness, you won't need it.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Absence Gunnash 3 2,070 01-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Altaine
  Absence Gunnash 0 1,619 01-17-2015, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gunnash
  My Absence(s) Rosencrat 10 4,530 09-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Ural
  Squirrel's official absence thread FlyingSquirrel 3 1,928 08-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Kretol
  Absence V2.0 Paylonas 5 1,472 08-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Paylonas