The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Slayer Warband [GW2]
Slayer Warband
[Image: Charr-Engineer.jpg]

Overview
"Let the Blood Legion charge blindly. Let the Iron Legion hide behind their guns. We will be the ones who plunge our daggers into the hearts of our foes."

The Slayer Warband was started roughly twenty years ago from present time. All original members of it were from the Ash Legion, and this has had a strong influence on the outlook of the warband. They do not enjoy taking place in prolonged stand-offs, instead preferring to strike a quick, devastating blow against whatever foe they might face. They fight fiercely, ferociously, and rarely back down before their intended objective is completed.

In larger military operations, they have served as a sort of brute-force assassination squad. All members of the warband have some training in stealth, though some are better than others, and they use this to enter positions far away from the front lines. From there they pick and choose their targets, launching lightning raids against opposition to take out key equipment, disrupt fortifications with sabotage, and slay those with leadership positions.

Honor for the warband comes through success. Not flashy shows of arms, not the praise of their peers, but from getting the job done. Fighting dirty is not beneath them.

Though they are happy to accept defectors from other Legions, most of them are of the Ash Legion, and those who come from outside it must earn the trust of their fellows.

While many might look distastefully upon magic, it is permitted within the warband. Anything that can be used to further aid the Charr race as a whole is to be used as necessary.

Organization
"We stand together, or we fall alone."

The Slayer Warband has a very loose structure. All members are considered equal. All words are taken into account for. If someone's foolish enough to a point where his or her word can't be trusted, that individual should try to shape up. They're not afraid to kick people out.

Understanding what your fellow Charr can and can not do efficiently is important for every member. Knowing who to delegate tasks to keeps inefficiency from slowing down the group as a whole.

While most matters are agreed on by a majority of the group, there are situations, such as in the midst of combat or during a stand-off, where one Charr's word must be obeyed. This is the Legionnaire's role. The Legionnaire must be capable of making hard, occasionally cold-blooded decisions with an unbiased perspective. As the face which represents the Slayer Warband as a whole, the Legionnaire must be capable of keeping a cool head, even in the face of insult or during times of great stress.

Membership
"... Kinslayer. Is that... a...?"
"Yes. Yes it is."

The proper surname for members of the warband is (X)(slayer)

Legionnaire Manslayer (Xigo)(Thief)
Grakor Mindslayer (Grakor)(Mesmer)
Kharn Kinslayer (Spiky)(Warrior)
(Krilari)(Engineer?)
Dorgash Sunslayer (Sol)(Necromancer)
Garst Fireslayer (McKnighter)(Engineer)
(Kenshiro)(Guardian?)
(Reigen)(Elementalist)
Zira Starslayer (JVNemesis)(Elementalist)
(Piken)(Ranger)

So.
Would anyone else be interested in making a Charr for this group when the game comes out? If so, give me the heads up.

We don't know what our home server will be yet, though it will likely be Tarnished Coast.

Any questions?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
My grasp of GW lore is next to none, but I at least did play the first game a little bit. Sure, I'll join you guys. Probably going to make an engineer or... something.

I'll get back to you with a name.
Same as Krilari, but I was thinking a Guardian.
Garst Fireslayer(Engineer), transferred from the Iron Legion to supply the Warband with the firepower they might need along and to serve as a field medic and quartermaster to make sure all equipment is kept in working condition.

Should be fun!
Dorgash Sunslayer, one of the charr's rare necromancers, is dedicated to saving life wherever he can. To him, it is of great value and should never be wasted. He believes that no death should be without good purpose.

Of course, being a childhood member of the Ash Legion's Slayer Warband, he finds the amount of killing they get done is somewhat at odds with this principle. Thus, he focuses on stealing what he can and using it to mend his brothers.

Taking your life to sustain his friends' is as good a purpose as any. After all, senseless slaughter is a waste, and it's hardly economical to just let the scum bleed out on the floor, right?
Updated! We're no longer a sausage-fest!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
How did I miss this.

Meeeeee. Pick me.

...Though my main charr is/was going to be Blood legion, mostly because my Tribune is cooler than yours. I'd like to get involved, though. Perhaps I'll switch her, or just have her pop in to provide some fire(huehuehue)power. Zira Starslayer, elementalist.

...Name subject to change.
Which Tribune? There are a lot of Tribunes.

(Yeah, I know which one...)
This one, obviously.

[Image: charr-plush-large.jpg]

Though my wallpaper has him with Sohothin looking way more badass.
Also, double post, but...

Kharn the Kinslayer.

<3 Spiky.

I suppose it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to call him a betrayer, would it?

Kharn the Betrayer?

Spoiler:
[Image: Kharn8.jpg]
My name is Kharn Kinslayer.
I killed my father.
Prepare to die.
[Image: 6fingered+man.jpg]

In charr form.
Like I said in the other thread, I'll be getting the game, but I know nothing and have done little research.. I'll get back to you. But you have my bow!

Screw it, yes, gonna go with the Ranger. :P
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Tarnished Coast is full today, so I won't be able to make a character on it. :(

So I made one on Bloodstone Fen, is anyone else can't make it on. My Charr is named Relghar and he is a Guardian!
Should anyone be interested, this is an awesome interview with design writer Scott McGough, who's the charr loremaster (or some similar title). Some great stuff in here, if your charr lore is lacking (or are just interested!).

The intro is in german, but it switches to english quickly. Link #mce_temp_url# here.